Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Familiar Faces

2lv1bop.jpg

Life was rather different, for the young pureblood. Instead of wars, the Knight preferred to relax in his expensive estates, mansions he had bought with credits received during his adventures. He had caused war to outbreak on a planet called Tof, and was able to escape with some valuable treasures, which he sold thereafter. He had gained a vast wealth, of currency and items. He was currently situated on the planet of Tantorus, one covered in jungles and expansive oceans. It was populated almost entirely by the Sith species, for it was run by a powerful Sith king. The Knight had little problem establishing and securing his own land on the planet, near the cities, where he would buy his large mansion.

It had been a long time since the New Order's fall, and since then, Ballen-Ist had gotten stronger. Before the faction's collapse, he had been granted the status of Knight, due to his connection and prowess with the Dark Side. Though, it was strange, it almost felt like he had nothing to do with his title, as if it were completely useless. While lying on one of the comfortable fancy couches in his large room, the young boy tilt his head to the side, as if sensing something outside. It was a dark present, one that was familiar. Leaning forwards, the pureblood would kick off of his seat, heading towards the large staircase, which would lead to the exit of his house. Grabbing a dark cloak from a hanger, Ballen-Ist would step through the door way, slinging the material over his body. He did not like going out into the jungles unprotected, for many insects and poisonous creatures definitely lurked. Walking along an obviously visible dirt path, the boy wondered when he would encounter this person.
[member="Luminara Rikanati"]

Luminara cursed under her breath. She hated insects. They were little freaks of nature that had only a mind for eating and tunneling and other mundane and disgusting things. She was being consistently berated by tiny biting things. Some with wings, some that jumped, or some that managed to crawl onto her skin. She kept sweeping her hands across her arms and neck and lekku, trying to keep them off of her. She was here because she'd tracked down Ballen-Ist, an old friend of hers, after the New Order had fallen. A little reunion would be pleasant to have, if not for the bug-infested environment it would be taking place in. She walked down the dirt path in the jungle as quickly as she could. The sooner she found him, the sooner she might be rid of the tiny creatures feasting on her.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

A slight smirk would plaster itself across the young boy's face, as he glanced ahead, further down the dirt path he had been walking along. The thick jungle offered protection from the sun light, even though the temperature was already rather warm. The dark cloth he wore over his body caused him to feel uncomfortable, however he did not mind seeing as he was not being bitten by any bugs. The sight that amused him had been that very fate, for he watched as the pale Twi'Lek [member="Luminara Rikanati"] struggled to kill many of the insects that inhabited these parts. Simply closing his eyes and shaking his head from side to side, the Knight would turn on his heel, beginning to head back to his manor, assuming that the Acolyte would follow. "Imagine finding you here." He would call out, expecting her to hear him. In the distance, the pureblood could see his house already, it's large outdoor staircase extending up to the highest floor. He loved his home, for it's design was so creatively constructed. Though, there was more to it then could be seen.

"I suppose you seek refuge. Who wouldn't with all of these filthy creatures?"

Luminara's gaze landed on Ballen amidst her endless battle with the insects. She used the Force to catch up to him. "I know that to many in this Galaxy I appear ravashing, but must these pests take the word so literally?" She remarked. "Honestly, how can you Purebloods stand this place? The minute you expose your skin, beasts of all sizes turn you into their next meal." Luckily, her little burst of speed had temporarily relieved her skin from the biting critters. She eyed the manor they were approaching. "You certainly know what you're doing with your credits. If not for the carnivorous location, it's a lovely home."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Ballen-Ist would continue walking down the path, approaching his home with every moment that passed. The young boy would not even offer Luminara a glance, as she continued to speak while they walked. The black cloak that the boy wore would billow as he moved, apparently a response to her question in it's own. The cloth he wore draped over most of his skin, that would be vulnerable normally. The stuck up pureblood would only grin as he listened to the female, mildly amused by her complaints and compliments. What exactly did she seek? Eventually the two would arrive at the staircases beginning, which would lead them higher into the air. Stepping forward onto the slightly moist wooden boards, Ballen-Ist would begin to make his way upwards, assuming that the Twi'lek would follow suit. A brief, warm breeze would waft in along the currents, ruffling the youth's slicked back hair slightly as he turned to look at [member="Luminara Rikanati"].

"I commend you for finding me. What exactly is your purpose in doing so, however?"

Luminara smirked. "Oh, come now. Am I no longer allowed to visit an old aqquaintance?" She said. She walked until she was level with him, standing on the same step he was standing on. "Since the New Order's fallen into disrepair, I've been a little... bored. No progress is being made whatsoever. If anything, time has all but stood still for them. So, I decided to see how you were getting along. After all, you're the only person of true interest I know of. I gather from your home that fortune has been very kind to you, indeed. Surely it can't be that horrible for you to see me again?" She made a mock sad face.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

The duo's stride would eventually lead them to a pair of large wooden doors, ones that would swing open violently, to reveal the darkness of his abode. Not much could be seen, for only the rays of light that managed to penetrate the jungle illuminated the entrance. It had been a long time since he had seen [member="Luminara Rikanati"], and in truth it really was not something he was bothered by. She was a beautiful Twi'lek, one that was twisted and shaped by the dark side itself. That much was apparent, given her strange natural talents. Many would most likely refer to her as a genius, even though Ballen-Ist saw himself as one too. However, instead of being born with the powers naturally, he had struggled to learn and master them. His Sith blood allowed him to do so quickly and efficiently, making him a worthy foe on the battlefield. The young Knight had seen the white Twi'lek in combat once, it was quite the sight. With his advanced telekinesis abilities, the pureblood would reach out with the force, aiming to form a gentle grip on one of her lekku. It would lift into the air, as the boy's arm extended, aiming to grasp it with his own gloved hand, releasing the force grip he had created earlier. He did this with the utmost care, for he knew that the tentacles of a Twi'lek were rather sensitive.

"No," the boy began, smirking briefly, "It isn't that horrible," he continued, running his fingers along the unique black stripes that covered her skin. He admired her physical features for a brief moment, before a blaring light within the house ignited, several lanterns having been lit apparently. Their flames started out as their original orange color, creating only a weak glow that revealed the expansive corridor ahead of the two. Though, as the Knight focused more, their aspects would change, turning from orange to a bright powerful purple, akin to the flames that Darth Ferus had manipulated in his time. Sighing quietly, the pureblood could not help but miss the good old days. Perhaps having this dangerous, beautiful Twi'lek would bring back some excitement. She would definitely have her uses, after all. Releasing her lekku, the Knight would step forward, beginning to journey down the hallway that was now visible. As they walked, the lanterns would continue to ignite, bursting into a radiant purple glow every time they were passed.

"The New Order's fall, an unfortunate occurrence. I have made contact with it's current leader, I can assure you there will be no more progress." He stated, knowing that the faction was all but done for. Daichi had little reason to continue it's expansion. "Even so, I can aid you in your own progress. I will teach you what our master parted me with, before he...Disappeared."

Luminara's red-gold eyes studied Ballen as he took a gentle hold on one of her lekku and stroked it slightly. How curious that he could be capable of something so soothing. It was almost... warm. That was the last thing she would expect from a Sith Pureblood. She was waiting for him to violently tug upon it, or scratch it. Something within cruel nature. But, it never happened. She raised her tattooed brows in small surprise. "I take it you've missed me a bit as well?" She said, as it wasn't really a question so much as a statement. As they began walking, Lumi listened to Ballen's story. "Ah, Ferus. Such a shame that he's gone. All that power, all that anger, all that pain. And he had such beautiful eyes, too." Her voice was only a little disappointed, like a child who'd misplaced a toy. "I'm guessing he taught you to light candles? A beautiful shade, by the way."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

"Living on the run gets rather lonely, you know." The young boy stated sincerely, sighing afterwards. Ever since his banishment from the One Sith, Ballen-Ist had been traveling from planet to planet, hoping to keep a low profile. It was good to see familiar faces. It was true, that Tantorus itself was under the Sith's control, however due to his species he was able to slip in unnoticed easily. The purple flames would continue to ignite as the two advanced down the hallway, arriving in front of another large door. "Darth Ferus..." The young Sith hesitated, while his telekinetic prowess reached forward, and pried open the wooden door. The room was a circular design, with a small elevated arena-like area in it's center. It's material was completely metallic, unlike the wood the two had been traveling upon a few moments ago. Most of the room's wall was simply blank, with the exception of another small doorway, that seemed to open within the wall. An elevator entrance, no doubt.

Instead of approaching the elevator, the Knight would head towards the middle of the room, grasping the collar of his cloak, before tugging it off of his body. He wore a simple black jumpsuit, that was plated with durasteel in specific areas. "How often did you interact with him?" The pureblood would finish, apparently pondering something in specific. A look of concentration and thought was plastered across his smooth red skin, as he stared forward at [member="Luminara Rikanati"].

Luminara sighed, casually stretching her limbs. She could tell by the room, and the thinning of Ballen's clothing, where this was leading. "Not often enough, sadly. Personally, I think he was avoiding me. I guess he didn't enjoy the fact that I got lost in those sea-blues of his. Always too serious. I probably annoyed him to no end. But that's what made him so attractive. That little temper of his." A twisted little grin formed in her deep ruby lips.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Darth Ferus was quite the topic for Ballen-Ist. The young pureblood felt many ways when the man was mentioned, for the boy had been one of the Sith's favored students. On one hand, Ballen-Ist felt angry and betrayed, for Ferus' disappearance had left the boy lost in his own thoughts. On the other, he was grateful for the power bestowed upon him. There were so many possibly conclusions to draw from his disappearance, although none would ever be confirmed. No one would ever be able to state whether his accusations were valid or not, but the young Knight believed that his master had been a traitor to the Sith all along. Due to a recent encounter with one of "Krest's" old companions, the boy's case was only strengthened, for he had found the source of the words spoken on Korriban, all that time ago. [member="Luminara Rikanati"] had been present as well, having given the same reaction to the test that Ferus laid out for them. One question that the boy desperately wanted to know, was what the Zabrak would've done if they had acknowledged his words, rather than refuse them.

"I see." He stated blandly, still lost in his own thoughts. The only visible weapon upon the Knight's form, was a sheathed blade. It's dark handle protruded from the scabbard, which was grasped by Ballen's hand moments after he spoke. His display of affection was about to be contradicted greatly, perhaps it would catch the Twi'lek off guard. "Are you ready?" He questioned simply.

Luminara's eyes flashed as she noted Ballen's hand on the hilt of his weapon. "Now there's the Pureblood I remember," She purred. She pulled out her lightsaber, it's crimson blade reflecting off her skin and making her look almost pink. She focused on his Force Signature, following it to his core. His energy was incredibly strong. Penetrating his mind was considerably more difficult, but she could still do it. She didn't delve too deep but instead went into the outermost layers. But that was all she required. This tactic in particular she'd used during a mass Sith invasion not too long ago. Taking an aggressive stance, Lumi began chargin straight at him, her strides lithe and graceful.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

The boy's arm would begin to pull upwards, lifting the handle of his sword from it's sheathe. The incredibly light, metallic material would become visible, shining brightly due to the dark side force energy that had been imbued within it. A gift from Darth Ferus, after Ballen-Ist had successfully completed his first test. Upon the blade's length, were many bouncing bolts of electricity, that seemed to dance around it endlessly. It was a manifestation of his force energy, Darth Ferus had made a bad pun by saying his personality was "shocking," or something along those lines. Lifting his arm, the pureblood would extend the blade's length forwad, allowing it to point at a downwards angle, in [member="Luminara Rikanati"]'s direction. It seemed to be a basic Makashi stance, for he stood lightly on his feet while doing so. With his natural connection to the dark side, the young Knight was able to sense the Twi'lek's influence pry into his mind, after a few moments of difficultly on her end apparently. The Sith had not even struggled against her power, for it was rather unexpected. It seemed that she was stronger than he had initially thought. Either way, his eyes would close, allowing his mind to take control of his actions, rather than his sight. For it could easily betray him. Now that the Twi'lek was manipulating him, it would be difficult to push her out, due to her natural prowess with the technique. Perhaps he could learn off of her afterwards.

With his ears, he heard her every step, as she moved gracefully towards his position. He would not act, for he simply waited patiently, allowing his force energy, along with that of which surrounded him, to build up around the front section of his body. It would manifest in a telekinetic fashion, however it did not lash out yet, for it's purpose was unknown.

Luminara began a sort of dance around him, swiftly moving in a circle. Her blade lashed out as quick as lightning at him from every angle. Even if some didn't hit him, others would. That was the beauty of it. Some pain was simply unavoidable.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Ballen-Ist's mind was able to keep track of Luminara for the time being, however her movements were growing increasingly fast, something he should have expected. His sensing abilities were not that refined, so instead the Knight would narrow his vision, watching her through his squinted eyelids. Instead of standing still and allowing her to get the jump on him, the young boy would do so as well, using his small and agile frame in an attempts to match her movements. Her steps were graceful and precise, though they were not utilized to their full extent. The purebloods own feet would begin to move as she danced around him, causing his body to move in rotations that would have him facing her strikes at all times. The two would move in tandem, before the combat truly begun.

Both of their arms would lash out, striking at their target with the intent to inflict pain. Ballen-Ist's arm would keep leveled as his sword did, it only moving in slight motions, that would efficiently avert some of her attacks. Two strikes would find their mark, glancing the armor platings he wore on his leg, and arm. The two weapons would continue to clash in a struggle for dominance, one that Ballen-Ist did not really wish to triumph in. He would hold his own, however he would not overpower her, for he aimed to actually teach. He wanted her to examine his fluid footwork, and mimic his precise, jabbing strikes. The tip of his blade would just barely slice along her skin and clothing, aiming to inflict short sensations of pain, almost in a teasing fashion. If this kept up, he would have to resort to some other techniques, as he was sure she would too.

As the two did their little dance, Luminara would do something wrong. It was a slight mistake, but enough. Her steps slowed down considerably. Too much, in fact. She moved too much to the right of Ballen. This caused his blade to go straight through her torso. She gasped sharply, looking down with wide eyes at the blood that began streaming from her gut, the sword still in it. Her eyes would come back upward and rest on his face. Her face looked utterly shocked with her mouth open. Ruby blood trickled from the corner of her lips. "It feels...... So nice......." She murmured. Lumi's hands would come up and rest on top of Ballen's on the sword's hilt. She pulled herself toward him, the blade going ever deeper within her and coming out of her back. Finally, she was a mere inches away from him. "Whoopsy. I guess this mistake is irreversible," She whispered to him. One hand came to rest on the Pureblood's cheek. Suddenly, with a seductive smirk and a wink, she disappeared. Simply vanished into thin air, as if she'd never been there to begin with. When, in reality, she hadn't been. Before the fight ensued, Luminara had penetrated his mind, making a second version of herself. While her ghost-self charged in and began the battle, her real self had masked her Force Signature and hidden soundlessly within the room.

Ballen would now be alone. Everything to suggest that she'd been there would be gone. The blood, the heat from her skin, and even the burn marks her saber had left on his armor. Her Illusion had succeeded.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Ballen-Ist smirked slightly, as he watched his blade pierce through [member="Luminara Rikanati"]'s torso. He allowed her hand to run along his face, before it disappeared into nothingness. It took a few moments to register, though he realized that there had been no real physical contact, for he had not truly felt any resistance or friction. Even though this was not uncommon given their weapons, the pureblood could not help but admire her mind games. He would definitely make her teach him. Even so, the Knight had prepared for something of that sort, in the form of force energy that built up around him. He had gathered it earlier, before his false interactions. He wondered to what extent one's mind could be toyed with. The telekinetic energy would begin to surge violently, becoming semi-visible with it's power as it swept outwards in all directions. The circular room would be briefly covered by the wide range of the force assault, one that hoped to root out the Twi'lek's position, by throwing her against a wall. If this was successful, Ballen-Ist figured that she would have little time to concentrate, and cast another illusion. The blast was not powerful enough to break bones or smash her through walls, all it aimed to achieve was her current and true location.

More force energy would begin to gather near the young Sith, however this time it would focus around his legs.

Luminara was hit with the Force wave Ballen had sent. It didn't hurt her, but it did knock her down from her perch on one of the light fixtures near the ceiling. As she fell, she angled her body and did an acrobatic flip before landing lightly on her feet. She re-activated her lightsaber and took up a defensive stance. She tilted her head to one side and gave him a sideways smile. "Was it very convincing?" She asked playfully.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Ballen-Ist's figure would move as a blur, as the force energy he gathered infused with his lower limbs. They would propel him to move at incredible speeds, allowing him to appear directly in front of the Twi'lek within seconds. The boy's black hair would billow slightly as his form came to a complete halt, his arm extending forward to smash his own blade against hers. The sword he wielded had been altered through some sort of alchemy, making it as light as songsteel. The shimmering, lightning filled metal would clash agasint [member="Luminara Rikanati"]'s plasma blade, pushing forward in hopes of keeping her in one place. The bolts of electricity would continue to bounce around his weapon, reminding him of the Twi'lek's spectacular display of power long ago. She had fried one of those creatures on Korriban to death. It had been...Exhilarating, to say the least. And now that Ballen-Ist himself wielded this power, we wished to test it against her own. With his one handed grip, the boy aimed to hold his blade steady, while his free hand shot forwards, attempting to grip around the female's hand, before interlocking his fingers gently, with her own. A seemingly simple action, though it obviously had it's darker intentions. "Yes, it was." He spoke, the same smirk still visible on his face as he stared into her bright red eyes. Hopefully, his actions would restrict her movement, while preventing her from striking.

Luminara's gaze darkened, her smile remaining. "Excellent," She purred. She leaned her face closer to Ballen's, her chin just barely passing the gap that their locked blades were making. "I'm afraid it isn't going to be that easy..." Suddenly, she would very strongly shove against his blade, temporarily breaking the lock. She used that moment to jump backward and send a Force surge at him, combining it with a surge of brilliant purple lightning. It was, in a sense, a shockwave.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom