Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fair Game

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Jada Raxis"]

The Botany Bay was coming out of hyperspace, the work they had been doing on the massive botanical ship. With the newest and greatest in terms of jedi styled synthweave. They just needed a few more parts of it to work with as the jedi master brought her swords out laying them on the table as the ship was heading towards the small facility they had set up on the planet. To work with the things as well as work the mines of stygium for ships and equipment. "Tell me when we arrive on the planet." There was a look from the droid while it went out of the room leaving her alone to work on the songsteel blades.

Her focus in the force on the new synthweave was constructed into the blades as they pulsed with the lightside of the force when the comlink chimed with them arriving at the planet. She could feel the ship coming down and the changes as needed to dock with their facility. She had left much of it opened for those who wanted to come from the silver sanctum to join her. She was going over the after action reports from Sheila and Zreame a forgemaster she had worked with before about terrorists they had discovered on the world and gone through a massive chase with them.

"Master we are here." The droid was standing there while she followed with them towards the ramp and hanger leading out to the walkway as more researchers and workers brought her reports from their stations on the planet. "We have managed to increase production with the new equipment and upgrades as well as selling the foodstuffs to the people. Revenue is up along with sales of the living modules to better construct the towns on the coast. Self sustaining housing looks to be the new thing they want same as on the island." That was good new and Matsu continued to walk as she opened up a small bag looking through the garden out on the island.

Jada Raxis

-Take me out, to the Black-
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Jada the wild card was trailing close behind the master. She moved much like a cat with grace and finesse, her black Armor weave moving over her lithe muscles and multiple pouches of her belt jingling with trinkets. She was something of a collector, but also a warrior. Which made her a bit irked to be here. She had imagined joining the Sanctum to become a champion of light, crushing darkness wherever it showed its ugly mug.

"I see you've been busy here." She commented dryly.

Her mind was elsewhere, wondering if there was a good shockboxing ring or gladiator arena around here. Combat was how she got to know people, how all Echani got to know each other.

"Where’s the excitement in all this?"

Jada's eyes flashed. She lifted a bump of glitterstim to her nose and huffed in a violent fashion. It burned her nostrils and she felt a familiar surge of adrenaline light up her body like a liquid fire.

"Are we here to root out some Sith?"

[member="Jada Raxis"]

"Possibly." One could never know as Matsu was walking. "We've encountered darksiders on this world before as well as one or two brave ones who came looking for trouble... but nothing major." However as she was watching the girl with a curious look in her eyes but a neutral expression she was more then happy to show to many of the others. Pointing towards the hover boat they had to go to the mainland she spoke. "High seas adventure as we head out to one of the more hard to reach areas. There is a small town there that we lost contact with some of our researchers." They could investigate and maybe find some grand mystery or maybe there were beings coming over on ships to raid the island.

Jada Raxis

[member="Matsu Ike"]

High seas adventure? Jada wasn't sure what to make of the old sailing vessel. It felt archaic under her palms as she ran her hand along the banister, climbing aboard. It was a sloop, a smaller craft between an actual Schooner and a rowboat. She could appreciate the craftsmanship of it and it's applications for war ran through her mind.

As she boarded she grabbed two ropes from the mainsail, locking and knotting them in lace where they needed to go. She was new here and as of yet was just following along, learning what she could. The waves crested upon the beach nearby, white caps and frothy foam settling amongst the weeds and driftwood.

She had no saber yet, just her dual bladed Echani sword, her primary tribal weapon.

"How far do you reckon we are from this place?"

She was eager to fight, to grind down her teacher in the long dance of battle,to get to know every step and flourish that made her. Eagerness appeared to be a sin among these people however as well as battle. So she pushed the thought away and closed her eyes. Every muscle relaxed and lengthened, every thought began to subside. The currents of the force moved through her now, as absolute as the waves and the howling winds which carried them.

She was gathering energy...

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Hmm the jedi master was thinking about it as the ancient vessel wasn't fully archaic... it was a faux wood made from metal but it looks classic. The sails were material that wouldn't break easily but she was looking over some of the people working it. "It should not take that long, the engines will make it faster since we don't need to wait for the wind." Another benefit, keeping some of the work so they could sail with classic style but they were not needing to rely on the wind or favorable weather could come in handy when she stood out looking at a few of the things. "This town is easier to access from the sea and we'll be able to learn from there... but getting there will still take some time. Is there anything you would like to ask or learn padawan."

Jada Raxis

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Jada's eyes flicked open at the mention of learning. Would she like to learn? Certainly she did. she wondered what this Master had in store for her. As a Jedi she was young in the ways of the force. Greener than even the younglings whom had only just been introduced to the order. Being an older woman she was a bit more foolhardy and set in her ways, which also didn't help matters.

Then there was the Glitterstim addiction.

Speaking of which she opened one of her twenty pouches on her belt and bumped a huge snort, letting another rush of adrenaline and intoxicating chemicals mix with the power of the force flowing through her.

"What's your primary skills Master? What exactly do you specialize in? Myself, I like combat, prefer it even over the bandying of words to settle dispute. Though I understand this is not the Jedi way, so I'm working hard to eschew the urge."

Jada paused and then continued, letting her thumbs rest inside her belt and hanging her fingers loose.

"However in my culture battle is more than just bloodthirsty savagery. As Echani mostly don't have names, or very pronounceable names, we remember and know each-other through combat. It's a mutual beneficial activity, sharpening mind, flesh and wit, as well as communing with one another. Each Echani fights a different way and no two styles are the same. Justly no Jedi Masters are the same."

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Matsu stood still while they were heading off and watched the padawan for a moment as she had a mothers argument why she shouldn't do things but remained quiet watching her. "I am I suppose considered a generalist and artisan. I travel around learning and working to understand force sects across the galaxy to bring that knowledge into the order. Then I develop, research, gather and create technology or equipment that jedi can use. If there is ancient technology I try to reverse engineer it much like we did with the converters to breakdown and rebuild food, air and components." She said it with a small grin and they had managed to get some of the things developed like the gincho powercell for cleaving through beskar.

Jada Raxis

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Jada scowled. Artisan? There were few Artisan's among the Echani, but knowledge was power and the gift of power was a means to root and destroy darkness wherever it hid. So she cocked her head to the side and nodded.

"Can you teach me any of these techniques of yours?"

[member="Jada Raxis"]

"Yes I could." matsu was looking at her and had her hands behind her back lightly clasped before she moved. "I there anything you would like to learn?" She could show her several things but if the girl wasn't into learning the techniques or skills what purpose would it serve either of them. Well she would be able to continue practicing with the skills but compared ot the padawan she wouldn't have been able to teach her anything when she came to stand next to her. "We don't want to just waste your time with lessons you already know or things you might never use."

Jada Raxis

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Jada nodded again. Not wasting time was the top of her list of priorities. Nothing vexed the young woman more than wasting precious time and resources on labor that would bear not many fruits. Her eyes locked with her teachers as the ship drifted lazily across the waves, driven both by motor and gale force winds that had begun to pick up.

Sea spray whipped violently across her visage, drenching her hair and condensing in salty moisture within her eyes and lips. It burned and was yet refreshing.

"My goal is to become the most powerful guardian of the light Master Ike. I intend to destroy evil and corruption wherever it may. Anything that is useful to that end would be graciously accepted."

As she spoke one black booted foot came up to rest on the slick wooden railing whilst her right hand shot out and grasped the musky ropes, securing herself in place against the storm.

I am the eye of the storm. Even here I am the center, the master of myself.....

It was something she'd read in the archives, and it was rattling about her head, steeling her resolve....

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Something for fighting the darkside... well in the silver sanctum that was a refreshing course of action and the jedi master knew a few ways to aid with that. "Well that helps, there are a few techniques some overlook when it comes to dealing and handling with the darkside. I imagine it is aided with the more liberal ideals of the sanctum but." She moved a little to stand next to the padawan. "A jedi who serves the light and combats the dark can use them far more effectively. Have you learned the basics like resistance and to detect within a field different force users? It is simple skill wise but making it so darksiders can't influence or sneak up on you is just as important as force light."

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Matsu looked at her and how to demonstrate techniques that should ahve been taught to her at a young age.... Hmm she thought about it for a moment. "Alright we shall be able to work with this." Some thoughts while she was focus. "Quiet your mind and reach out, the ship will serve well enough. Reach out with your senses and seek to touch each person you can feel with the force. Then start to work on it, allow your mind to push the force energies to the back of your mind. It is a technique that is designed to work in the background of your senses rather be something you will have to use. Always active, always feeling and alerting you to other force users in the area."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom