Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon Chaos,

I would like to announce that the week of November 23 - 30, 2014 the Factory will be closed in all aspects. That includes Companies, Tech, Starships, and Vehicles along with their respective modification threads.

The reason I have chosen to do this during that week is that Thanksgiving (for Americans) falls on November 27th. Its an important holiday for most and I would like to give everyone a chance to spend it with their families and friends. Its a day to help remind us of the important things, not make believe blasters, starships, that one cool speeder, or even Danger’s boobs...I mean her company. Also during this time we will be doing some cleaning house within the Factory and when it opens up on Nov. 30 we will be all shiny and new for December.

I do apologize for the sudden announcement, but I like many others didn’t realize how fast the holiday had come upon us. Please get your submissions in order I will be approving any pending secondaries before the sunday of closure. I also request that you do not PM/Skype etc to any of the judges or myself (about the factory/your submissions ) - enjoy the holiday!

The Factory will be shutting down on Sunday November 23, 2014 at 9pm EST. It will reopen Sunday November 30, 9pm EST.

Much Love and Happy Feasting,

Spencer Jacobs

Spencer Jacobs said:
the Factory will be closed

tumblr_lxx2r3aidJ1qgcgx9o1_r1_400.gif

Not to be a debbie downer, but might as well shut down the site for the cited reasons. This is akin to momentarily shutting down the ability to edit/create Custom Classes in Call of Duty. The Factory isn't the root cause for people to spend hours on this site. Though if the real reason is to change some things up as the last sentence of the second paragraph suggests, might as well be forward and direct with that.

[member="Darth Junra"]
I believe the reason is that [member="Spencer Jacobs"] will be away and as factory admin she likes to be around to supervise.

I will be doing the same thing with the Codex over Christmas.

Valiens Nantaris said:
I believe the reason is that Spencer Jacobs will be away and as factory admin she likes to be around to supervise. I will be doing the same thing with the Codex over Christmas.
The site doesn't shut down when Tef goes on vacation. Factions don't get shut down when Faction Admins take vacations. Such a reason also suggests that proper rules and procedures aren't in place to allow for the Codex and Factory to be self sufficient without their Admins' constant oversight. This merely places more burden on the Admins in charge and makes them do more work on a site meant to have fun (even for Staff).

Sub your craaaap
Sub your craaaap
Don't hold it back any mooore
Sub your craaaap
Sub your craaaap
That's all our staff's here fooor
You don't care about our time to play
Let submissions roooll
The Factory's your whipping boy erryday

Funny how one shutdown
Makes all your crap feel small
Stuff you thought was so important
Just won't get used at all

It's time to see what we can be
When you dorks let us just RP
No projects for your vanity
We're freeeeee

SUB YOUR CRAAAP
SUB YOUR CRAAAP
DON"T HOLD IT BACK ANYMOOORE
SUB YOUR CRAAAP
SUB YOUR CRAAAP
WE LIVE FOR THIS YOU KNOW
HERE WE TOIL
IN YOUR FACTORY
LET THE NERD RAGE ROAR
JUST SHUT UP AND PLEASE GET AWAY FROM ME

Oka Osaa

This doesn't really affect me, I don't submit subs often. And I enjoy the holidays too much to do other stuff.

*gets on phone at the dinner table*

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Why can't the reason just be simply "Everyone's getting one week vacation to enjoy themselves and spend time with their friends/relatives" and not be anything technical or specific? It's like giving thanks to the judges by giving them a break on Thanksgiving, lol.

(Crud, didn't realize that Valiens already said more or less the same thing, lol)

Darth Junra said:
Not to be a debbie downer, but might as well shut down the site for the cited reasons.
This is the most illogical thing I've read this week, and that is an extremely difficult achievement these days. The Factory's activity is completely dependent on SWRP. SWRP's activity depends wholly on being accessible on the internet at all hours of the day. So long as SWRP remains, the Factory can take as much time off as it wants and still come back strong.

A 24-hour Wal-Mart doesn't close down just because the Subway restaurant inside of it closes it doors.

They are two completely separate situations. The Factory Admin made a call. She wanted the holiday, I suggested the whole week, she took me up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom