Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ideas, Suggestions

• Thread starter Valessia Brentioch
  • Start date

Valessia Brentioch

V
I'm opening this thread up so that everyone can make their suggestions and give their ideas as to where they want to go. Do you have ideas for the military, maybe a few skirmishes or even just general faction story arcs that you'd like to see play out or want to write. Maybe you have an idea but it gets lost in the chat on discord so feel free to talk about it here.

I have two ideas for skirmishes myself, one involving special forces and the other involving FOSB in a five v five it'll be a private thread just to keep things from getting too out of hand. I'd definitely like to coordinate with the opposing factions to see who would be up for it because I feel that maybe we need a little action. To kind of write with people outside of our own little group here and get our blood moving again as it were.

The Informant: Special Forces
Team A has to defend the Informant from Team B.

Team B's goal is to get the Informant from Team A.

The Drop: FOSB

There's an information drop, intel packet if you would and it could be something about faction A or about faction B or maybe it's just someone's sweet roll recipe. Neither side knows what it is, they just know per their briefing that it's imperative for them to have. Each faction fields its team of special agents in the hopes of capturing said intel.

I would also like to begin planning another ball, it's really been awhile since we had our last actual ball and we usually have a lot of fun with that and it's not for everyone. I get that, so what would you guys like to do what kind of threads would you be looking to do? What kind of stories are you looking to tell?

I'd be down with the 5v5 thing for FOSB. Could be fun.

The biggest thing I want to see is some kind of goal for the faction, beyond the usual conquer the galaxy. If we have something we can all work towards, regardless of how we fit in, that would be awesome.

Greetings my friends and fellow Faction Members. As someone who loves the Order of Ren, and the lore we have established. My main goal is to help the Ren grow and prosper as it was when I started out as a Disciple. Now being a Master of Ren, and one of three Masters. I believe that is now a Responsibility of mine to make sure the Ren keeps growing. I love the Knights of Ren, and I love the lore. Now I would like to see that perhaps new members such as I when I joined, and are interested in the Ren learn to love the fun threads that I used to participate and learn to love this wonderful aspect about our Faction.

That being said I have a couple, or maybe a few ideas.

1. Jedi Vs Ren Skirmish - What one of my favorite parts of the Ren is when together and facing against the New Jedi Order there is always some interesting stories to be had. I have seen this firsthand when it came to the Expedition on Lothal or even several Battles throughout the First Order Alliance War. It's a great idea for both aspects of two factions who are both tired from the whole ugliness of this War, to have fun and perhaps be breathing new life. Heck maybe gain new faces out of it. The Cold War that transpires from this ceasefire not only could involve Spy Vs Spy, but the Jedi and the Knights of Ren could have one if not multiple clashes. This could involve the Ren hunting down Force Sensitives to add to the Order, or even the Ren sent to find an Ancient artifact that the Jedi are also hunting as well, and in order to acquire it for the Supreme Leader, the Ren is forced to Battle the Jedi for it. This could be promising as it could either spawn new storylines or even rekindle old heated rivalries. I know several of the Ren here had several interesting encounters with the Jedi during the War, and this could be an opportunity to settle old scores. It could even happen multiple times and spawn new storylines.

2. Ren Initiations - One thing I enjoyed starting out for Kyrel in his transition from Thomas Kyrel into Kyrel Ren was how he was initiated into the Academy on Skye. Sure the thread died fast but it was interesting, and I would like to give credit to our lovely [member="Valessia Creed"] for this idea. For new members being Initiated would have to undergo tests. These tests would be harsh and Brutal in order to see those that are worthy to serve the Supreme Leader is able to be up to the tasks. These could involve deadly traps or the Initiates fight each other in brutal combat, the victors of such tests would be worthy of being Disciples and the Masters or Knights watching could take them as an Apprentice, While those that are beaten are put into a sub class within the Ren, maybe a new division all together perhaps as the Praetorian Guard from the upcoming Last Jedi, and are tasked with guarding the Supreme Leader and sites such as Vader's Castle or the Bastion of Ren I feel like there would be so much potential in this type of thread and I would love to see a new and fresh take on the initiations that would keep both the Veterans and the new faces interested in.

3. Ren Trials - This has never really been touched on honestly, and If I may suggest I would like for the Ren Trials to be reinstated, Long Ago there were too few of us to do this, but now I believe we can do this. Instead of Handwaving the promotions From Disciple to Knight, or Knight to Master. We can actually have some real fun and create a deep and personal arc for everyone. In order to prove themselves worthy of earning their title. The Initiate would have to go through what is in a way a twisted version of what the Jedi had as trials. Trials of both the mind, spirit, skill just to name a few. This would involve a deep story arc for the character and would be in three stages. For example yes they could be tasked with hunting down an Ancient Force Artifact, or they could be sent on a journey to free themselves what they were still attached to in a life before becoming a Ren. In order to show absolute fealty to the Supreme Leader they must cleanse their mind in the first and second stages perhaps even battling doubts, or even inner demons, and at the end of the trials a Master or Masters watching them must test them through combat to see if they are freed from their "Chains" and are ready to absolutely devote themselves to the Supreme Leader. In the end, I think this could be an awesome story for new characters and could help deepen the lore of the Order as a whole not to mention Help a lot with the Character's growth and development.

4. Growing into Jedi Hunters - I know this is in some way in or going to be a part of our Lore. I would like to help expand this aspect. The Order of Ren ICly 800 Years Ago was Responsible in destroying Luke Skywalker's Jedi Order. It's time to do this again, the Ren throughout the encounters in the War between the Alliance has become experienced in fighting the Jedi, Perhaps the Ren could undergo training and share their experiences about dealing with Jedi, studying their ways and using their flaws against them. Eventually growing as not just individuals but when they are one they are a force to be reckoned with. This helps grow the faction as a whole and show in encounters with the Jedi, the Ren are or even perhaps more deadly and unpredictable than even the Sith when it comes to dealing with the Jedi.

5. Overall Story Arc - This could help a ton with the Order as a whole. With the fact that the Supreme Leader is having to deal with issues regarding his own Mortality and the future of his Order. This would prompt a deep and interesting story arc for at least most of the Order. Would you think about taking power for yourself? Would you find some way to save the Supreme Leader's Life? Would you contemplate the future of the Order of the Supreme Leader passes away? An Idea for this would be that the Ren would want to do everything they could to save their Father. Perhaps going deeper into the Unknown Regions for the source of the Dark Side, or even looking to Science to help save his life. The possibilities are endless and would really help when it comes to Story next to dealing with the Ceasefire.

6. Personal and group story arcs. - I know this one may seem to contradict the 5th Idea a bit, but I have a bit of an issue with the Ren not knowing one another. Sure they are out on missions, and usually left to their own devices, but what would make the Ren grow closer one another as an organization is more interaction and threads. Perhaps with all of the ideas mentioned above, that might happen. With knowing one another they are stronger than they were as Individuals.

These are mostly my ideas and suggestions. As a Master, I would like to spearhead at least most of them as I am aware that the Other Masters and members can be busy at times. I hope you consider these ideas and maybe think about them. I thank you all for hearing them out and I hope I can breathe some life into the Knights of Ren once more. :)

Valessia Brentioch

V
I'd also like to do a thread with our Intel/FOSB types to get them introduced to one another, maybe a situation brief would be good where all the agents gather around the whiteboard as it were and ICly approach [member="Torian Pierce"]'s Mission Board and start moving into this cold war stance. I think it'd be great if we could collaborate with maybe a few other factions to do some spy games with them as well.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
One of the ideas we've discussed with the FOSB is integrating agents into other standing organizations because of the smaller number of writers and the niche style of writing it entails. For example, there could be army and navy units with FOSB attaches (think Hudson from CoD: Black Ops), and they could bring a new element of roleplay to the traditional military style. This isn't restricted to military only, but could also function in other areas such as politics, Ren inquisitions, etc.

Rolf also touched on the bureau from shifting from a passive organization to a more active one, and Torian's idea for a mission board would help with that, I think.

There was an instance where the FO hosted some galactic games of some type - it made for some interesting counterespionage opportunities despite that not being the primary intent. Perhaps something similar again to appeal not just to a broader audience, but also create an opportunity for the intelligence agent to work behind the scenes.

Valessia Brentioch

V
[member="Kuril Vehn"]

I may just have the very thing, I traditionally don't like to allow any kind of shenanigans to happen in my military ball threads. But, it could ICly provide something that you're looking for and this year it won't be on Dosuun.

[member="Valessia Creed"]

I'm definitely down to take part in that 5v5 FOSB.

[member="Kuril Vehn"]

If it was okay with the rest of the faction I would actually like to delve into a role like this. As, say, an officer given a mostly empty rank to allow her to interact and monitor some of the higher up faction generals (PC and NPC alike) in the name of the supreme commander. It's sort of a like a spy, but it would only be a problem if the person in question was not following orders on the battlefield or doing something else offensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom