Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exploring Heaven - Cloud Nine [ Open thread ]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Cloud Nine
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

This place reminded him of Naboo.

Kurt had never been here before, at least never to the actual city itself. He had met a few people on the outskirt platform, delivering a package or two in order to finish a job, but he'd never actually wandered through the city. That was changing today at the behest of Kaileann Vera who had insisted that they explore the city after Kurt's latest delivery here. It hadn't taken too much convincing to get Kurt off the Messa, the Pilot knowing just what kind of place Cloud Nine actually was.

It was a luxury city.

Perhaps the only one of it's kind in the galaxy.

The entire city was designed as half tourist trap, half hide away for the rich. There were multiple levels, multiple domes, and something to see on each and every one of them. It was quite amazing, honestly, and Kurt found himself looking up at the architecture almost wonderingly. The whole place was designed after the city of Theed, the architecture being clearly defined with rounded stones and great marble sculptures. There was no sign of brick and mortar, no sign of nails or screws, everything seemingly just...fit.

It was odd, but beautiful. Kurt wasn't generally one to admire the architecture of places, but Cloud Nine was beautifully built, the odd skies of Bespin only helping in adding to the cities serene beauty. Of course the crowds detracted from that, but he found that most people were polite and easy going, something that he found rather helpful about the whole place.

"Are you done yet?" Kurt called out to Kaile, the woman being squirreled away in a small changing booth in one of Cloud Nine's high class clothing boutiques.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

There were little grunts and huffs.

"A-lmost!" a puff of hot air would blow strawberry blonde bangs away from her face, cheeks flushed in mild exertion. So they had wandered past this boutique and it had the most beautiful dress Kaile had ever seen. There were ruffles and it was a lovely green, and it looked like it would look amazing to twirl in! Unfortunately, it was only in one specific size...

And it just might be that Kaile had had a bit too many Aldaraanian Mac and Cheese bowls the past week. Smoothing it down, she gave a slight wiggle. Bobo was perched on top of her head, watching with mild amusement at the girl in the mirror wiggle and writhe and slink the fabric past her hips.

Finally satisfied, Kaile gave a wide grin. Yes! It still fit!

Well... at least once she zipped it up.

"OKAY!" she spun on the ball of her foot, moving over towards the door where it slid open.

"Ta da!!!!" enter a Kaile striking a pose with her right foot up and her hands up in the air with dramatic energetic flair. That's when she gave a little twirl, the skirt flowing up to reveal her bare knees and the zipper that still needed zipping.

But who cares! Kaile felt all kinds of girlie and she was practically flouncing around in her joy because of it.

"How does it look?!!" oh that age old trap for every man as she stared up at Kurt with stars in her eyes and an expectant face.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Kurt looked Kaile up and down, noticing the zipper but deciding that it was best not to mention it. "Looks great."

His tone was genuine, and she really did look great, but there was no need to get excitedly overboard with how he phrased it. They had been in and out of boutiques like this for most of the day, dipping into different shops and looking at dresses, tops, shorts, and all sorts of shoes. It was fun in its own way, mostly because Kurt got to enjoy mocking the price of things and seeing if he could hit on any of the shop assistance. There was a certain joy around Cloud Nine, like nothing could go wrong.

Perhaps it was the architecture, or the armed guards that dotted the city.

"I liked the blue one more." He said honestly. "It was more frilly."

A man had his preferences, and frilly lace was generally a Tatooine thing. After all, the thinner the clothing, the better it was for heat, generally anyway. He smiled, then looked at one of the shop assistance who gave Kurt a curious glance.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

That look of consideration popped up over Kaile's heartshaped face. "Think so?" her eyes went wide and mulled it over some more. A shy grin would curve up. "It did have nice frills too."

Decision made, she grabbed a fistfull of her skirt and spun on her bare feet. Squirreling away back in the changing room, she shut the door.

"Do you want to go eat anywhere in particular?!" she called out, commencing the shimmy shake that would slip the dress of her again. "I think there was a Bothan Bar-b-que place!"

Well Cloud 9 wasn't exactly your diners, Fly-in, and dive place. But it did have a wealth of choices in food.

"I think there was this one place called... BlueMilk?" [member="Chiari Barlot"] was the chef of it, if she recalled correctly.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Kurt mused for a moment. "I just don't want to be bankrupt when I leave."

Fine dining was all well and good, but Cloud Nine was expensive.

The place was undoubtedly beautiful, even wondrous, but holy hell was it expensive. It seemed to Kurt that nearly everything in Cloud Nine cost more than double what he would usually expect. He couldn't really blame them of course, after all most of their clientele were richer than Kurt and Kaile combined times eight, but for a normal person? It was rather difficult to do much of anything. Luckily, Hangar space was rather cheap on the world and they hadn't needed to rent a hotel room to stay in.

That was one good thing.

"Maybe we can find something not too big." He mused out loud. "Something in the lower levels?"

They hadn't been down there yet, where the lakes and falls were located. It was something to see, and he was more than willing to bet that there was something slightly cheaper there.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

A lightbulb snapped to life in Kaile's head. "OH!!"

Fingers would curl around the door, peeking over at the pilot with
excitement shining in her eyes. She gave a waggle of her brows and suggested, “What about a picnic?!”

That would make sense. It would save them money if they just went to the local mart and bought enough to make sandwiches and maybe a couple of adult beverages. She heard that Ugnaught beer was particularly good for those who were more into stouts.

“Get a Bloodsworn Stout!” one could see her still shimmying to pull off the dress behind the half cocked door. Granted, Kaile didn’t quite register that there was a mirror behind her that would show all the good bits. Bobo was amused.

“And some strawberries!” oh yeah, this idea was starting to sound more and more amazing.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Sure." Kurt said. "That sounds like a plan."

It would certainly be significantly cheaper than going to a restaurant, and it wasn't frowned upon by the authorities either.

Cloud Nine was in essence a giant floating city, it was owned by the Vanir Technologies corporation, the same corporation that owned Sif Shipping company. They were generally good about everything, and of course the city was extremely safe given the presence of the Saeva Incorporated Guard. They acted as a sort of Police Force within the city, and when crimes were committed...well they didn't tend to go easy on the criminals, not in the least in fact.

A picnic wasn't a crime however.

The lakes in the lower levels would make a fine spot to eat, and the views would be great too. Briefly he wondered if they would be able to find a place that showed pod-races for later, but he supposed that Cloud Nine was a bit too fancy for that sort of thing. "Lets do that."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Okay!" she gave a little giddy shimmy. The door slid closed again and the sound of more half grunts and heavy breaths would ensue. Finally, off came the dress. With deliberate care, the Lorrdian would slip the dress back onto the hanger, zipping it up and smoothing it out. It was a very nice shade of green.

Her eyes then went over towards the blue frilly lace one. A giddy grin split her face in two. "Whatcha think Bobo? Is Kurt right?" she would beam, questioning her best friend.

Whatever manner of language the two shared only resulted in Kaile's grin broadening. "The blue is really pretty." With a careful scoop, Kaile would set Bobo on top of her satchel.

Leaning forward in her plainclothes britches and bits, Kaile took the small holographic tag and flipped it over.

Her face blanched.

A sigh of melancholy filled her then. This was after all, just window shopping.

A little bit of wind out of her sails, but at the very least she had fun. Scooping up Bobo so he can sit by her right shoulder, she flashed him a grin.

"Come on Bobo, let's go eat." with that she picked up the two dresses and slid the door open. She had a wistful smile, but a smile none the les. "Okay. I'm done."

Window shopping can be fun.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Kurt waited patiently for Kaile, much like he had done all day. The two of them had traveled from shop to shop, most of them for her sake. Cloud Nine didn't really have any stores that interested him. Most of the things he wanted were...well not high class. There were a few shops that had sold men's clothes of course, and each time they had passed by one Kaile had commented that they would have to get Kurt a suit. The very idea had caused him to redirect her point of thought, always ending with Kurt showing Kaile a pretty piece of jewelry or a dress in a store opposite the men's boutique.

One could hardly blame him, Kurt had never worn a suit in a day of his life.

"Alright." He said, motioning her to his side. "Let's go get some food."

"Maybe find some ale." He said to her earlier musing, pulling her out of the fancy shop and into the street.

There was a throng of a crowd outside, a mass of people. Aliens, humans, and Kurt swore he even saw an overly dressed Yuuzhan Vong standing in the corner. Cloud Nine was incredibly busy, and it seemed like the place was filling up more and more as the day went on. Perhaps getting away from the shops and heading to the lakes was just the thing they needed.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

The Lorrdian immediately perked at the mention of ale. As a former Yum Bunny, she appreciated a good ale.. and stout! Her flounce came back, appropriately bouncing back from her minor state of melancholy. Eyes dancing, she ambled with a slight swing and skip in her step, her torso half turned towards the pilot as they would walk.

"I heard they have an open air holo theater here!" that was said with a curious sense of glee, weaving her steps to avoid the other patrons of the chic shopping district walking by.

"And something called Floatin' Dots," it was this odd curious invention that would mix ice-cream with an edible gas that would cause it to float. A small energy shield would seal the floating balls of icecream in. However, that wasn't the best desert.

No that one. That one had to be seen and tasted in person! It was a treat she was willing to dish out the credits for Kurt and she to enjoy. After the picnic though!

Bobo would slightly sway with every step Kaile took, but he was enjoying the warmth of the sun. Finding a good little perch by the curve of her neck, he was set for their rest of their outing.

"So how did your last run go?" she asked, window shopping done for the most part until another shiny object caught her attention.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Oh." Kurt said with a slight bit of amusement in his voice.

His last run had been quite eventful, fun in the end actually.

Kurt's job let him go all over the galaxy and meet all sorts of people, sometimes that got him into trouble, and sometimes it let him do things that he never could have imagined. It was dangerous, but it was also quite a bit of fun. He smiled slightly, remembering what had happened on the Naboo job. As they walked towards the lake Kurt began to recount what had happened to him on Naboo.

"I got arrested. Went to a trade station. Met a girl that had run away from home, taught her how to fly, then dropped her off at Byblos to get a job with Sif." Kurt shrugged. "You know, the usual."

The Pilot offered Kaile that boyish grin he was so famed for, winking at Kaile.

Things got interesting every once in a while. It helped keep him on his toes.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Now that got her attention.

"What?"

Her grin broadened and she suddenly went skipping out in front of him, turning on the balls of her feet to face him as she began to walk backwards. Bobo wasn't as amused as she.

Brown eyes would dance with mischief.

"A girl?" she said with sweet emphasis. Oh she was eating this up. "Back to the ship?!" oh she was practically bouncing as she kept walking backwards, Kurt having to help out so she didn't crash into anyone. Granted, Kaile wasn't so interested in the odd looks and perturbed stares.

"Whatever happened to sticking to the rules eh?" that last bit had her leaning forward and a waggle of her brows. Kurt had a set a rules. Rules that he would live by and try his damnest to stick to. Each rule had a rather particularly interesting story behind it. Granted, he had broken a few of those rules for her and that is why she now had her own bunk in the Messa. They worked well together and had all kinds of fun perks beside that.

But honestly! She was dying of curiosity!

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"I wasn't trying to sleep with her." Kurt told her. "She had run away from home, was like a lost little bantha."

Kurt shook his head.

Truth be told he couldn't believe he had done it either, but the better side of him had spoken once again, and in the end he had not had a choice in the matter. He frowned slightly as he remembered the whole ordeal, then kept walking, urging Kaile to move forward so they could get out of the massive crowd that was all around them. He couldn't breath with that many people around him, it made him feel uncomfortable. Eventually they managed to get out of the throng, and Kurt continued.

"She would've died, or worse, if I hadn't lead her some of the way at least." Jamie had been entirely inexperienced in the way of the galaxy, and she very likely wouldve ended up in some very unpleasant hands if it weren't for him. It was a thought that he'd rather not entertain for long, and instead he pushed Kaile forward some more.

He really was hungry.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

And just like that, Kaile's expression would turn from mischievous imp to concerned friend. "Oh golly, is she okay?" she fell into step beside him, walking normally now, her question as genuine as her sweet nature. It just was how Kalie is, a wealth of compassion and a true soul for helping others. They would joke off and on about things, and so far they had become what Kalieann would consider to be close friends.

She could read him when he was troubled, and it appeared that this bit had done its measure of work. There was more to the story, she could read it in the slight tension of his shoulders, the way his jaw clenched for a moment in memory. Considering how she herself had been also stranded, she sympathized.

Was her family mean? Did she run away because of some terrible thing? Worry lined furrows on her forehead, and she bit her lower lip. "Does she still need help?'

They came upon a marble stairway, the start of the lower levels. Food was forgotten for a moment while she concerned herself over a strange girl Kurt had played Jedi Knight in not so shiny armor.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Yep, just like he had thought.

Kaile immediately thought about the girls well being, how she was and exactly how she was doing. Kurt had known that his friend would do exactly that, had known that if he hadn't helped Jamie and Kaile had found out about it he would've gotten an earful and a half. That was simply the kind of person that she was, the kind of person that came naturally to her. Kurt wouldn't have wanted her any other way.

"Yeah." He said plainly. "I got her a job at Sif, flying ships like me."

At least, he was pretty sure she went with that. "I know she wanted to train in the force, but I figured she could earn some credits as she made her way towards where she wanted to go. Plus, the company is fairly good with training people and such."

Not to mention safe.

That had been the most important thing to him, making sure that Jamie would be safe in the end.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kaile would move slightly to the right to allow a Zeltron debutante and her lover up the stairs. She was dressed in wild colors, and likely crafted by some name brand that made it worth more than Kaile's annual salary. However, that bit of shiny would not distract the Lorrdian from her state of concern.

"You got her a job at Sif?" well, that's good, she thought to herself, giving a small nod. Yet when he mentioned she was Force sensitive, her head snapped up. "She's a Forcer?"

Well that was another bit of worry. There weren't that many of them around, but those who were out there in the 'Verse were likely to get taken advantage of. They didn't know how to control themselves. Heck, she had the same trouble too. If it wasn't for Bobo, she'd still have to deal with it; something Kurt didn't know about just yet...

"Where did you drop her off?" came another query, continuing their trek down the stairs until they came across one of the wide balconies. Waterfalls would decorate the landscape here, the faint sound of roaring water a rather pleasant bit of ambiance.

"Just like.. by herself?" another thought. Wait how old was she? Oh no, this wasn't good.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Kaile." Kurt's voice suddenly became very stern. "She's fine."

Jamie would be fine, he was confident in that.

If he hadn't been, Kurt never would have left her alone. He might have been callous, and a bit of an ass now and again, but her certainly wasn't liable to put a girl in danger, that just wasn't him. He knew that Jamie would be okay, knew that she would make her way through the galaxy perfectly fine. "She's a big girl, and the guys who run Sif are good people. I dropped her off right at headquarters and helped her with things there. She'll be fine."

Kurt wasn't about to have their entire vacation sidetracked by a worried Kaile, especially when they had these surroundings. Cloud Nine was intensely beautiful and he didn't want their entire trip spoiled. He smiled at her, placing a hand at small of her back to push her along.

There was no time to waste, Kurt was hungry!

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Okay." with that Kaile was placated for the moment. Kurt wasn't lying about that fact, she could tell. He truly did believe this girl would do alright. That was one bit of a relief. I mean, look at me! Granted, she didn't know this girl's backstory, but if Kaile could do well, perhaps this girl would too.

"We'll need to find a food mart," she would add after, slowing down her walk to look for a anything that would resemble one. Being on Cloud Nine meant that there weren't really any corner booth hover food trucks. So this might be a bit difficult.

Glancing back up at the pilot, she studied him for a bit, watching his brows furrow as he too would join the search. She couldn't help but smile. With a quick move, she suddenly threw her arms around him. It was quite the little public display, but she latched onto him with notable sweet glee.

A quick kiss was pressed to his scruffy cheek, a peck by all standards, but one that would relay her appreciation. Drawing back an arm's length to hang by his neck for a few seconds, she shined him a sunny smile.

"Thank you for helping her, Kurt."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Kurt leaned down and kissed her nose.

"It's fine." He hadn't minded helping her, and in the end it had worked out rather well for him.

His arms laced away from Kaile, and he peeled himself free of her. The loud rumbling of his stomach was a signal that he was more than ready to go and eat, that he was hungry. A slight frown crossed his features, and he began to search all around them for some kind of food store. They could have moved all the way back to the Ship and gotten their own supplies, but he felt like that would be far too much of a walk and he would probably die of starvation by the time he got there.

"Oh." Kurt said quietly. "Let's ask one of the guards."

The Pilot pointed to one of the armored men that was standing at one of the corners, his rifle pointed towards the ground. Suddenly he frowned then shook his head. "Better idea, you ask him."

Kaile was friendly that way, she could get the info lickety split.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Her nose gave a silly wiggle at the kiss, unable to help the wide grin that would follow. Kurt was a good guy. A little rough around the edges and a bit young. But a good guy. It was one of the reasons she decided to stick around with the pilot. He might be a bit cocky at times, a bit TOO charming, and yes, a rakish scoundrel, but Kaile was able to read people and see the true intents behind them. Just had some growing up to do. Right now both of them were having fun and it was a blast. Besides, honestly, it was nice having someone else to talk to.

"Okay!" she agreed, flashing him a wink as she drew away form his arms. Locking her hands behind the small of her back, Kaile would flounce over towards one of the guards. As she sashayed over, her smile would only grow wider with her thoughts.

Maybe this was a sign? Maybe how he helped out this strange girl and helped her meant that perhaps he was ready? Kaile had spent her early time in the Rebellion and with the Galactic Alliance serving as another capacity. A recruiter. With Kurt's skills, he was a fantastic recruit. She had already seen how amazing he was at piloting, and his career with the Republic hailed him despite the court martial.

He would do well in the Alliance.

Maybe talking to him about it might help? Well -- she bit her lower lip, three meters and closing to the guard - not tell him all. She couldn't quite tell him that she was a sleeper agent. That was for his protection as much as hers...

And what if that made him mad?

No, she frowned. He didn't seem the type. Hmm, play it by ear, Kaile girl. We'll see how it goes.

"Hello there!" her fingers wiggled in greeting and the strawberry blonde young woman would shine her best smile at the tall blonde guard.

"I was hoping you might be able to help me with something..." a rock of her heels, an upward tilt of her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom