Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion

Droids were not Sylvanan's speciality. He could not handle the cold calculations required to build an automaton. Living tissue was another ball game. He could see how that was effected, what it might do. Droids were unpredictable, and that made him uncomfortable. They were also needed desperately for Crynic and its associates, so Sylvanan had asked of [member="Cylus Jest"].

The man happened to be one of those associates, and an underling of his friend and ally, Tmoxin. She was busy finding him midichlorians, but that was another matter all together. Right now, here on Lok, they had another task.

A horde of worker droids was busy fitting the assembly lines in place. Half-opened crates and parts were strewn across the floor. Organic workers busied themselves with mindless, repetitive tasks as the Arkanian walked by.

He made his way toward his office, a well furnished part of the building that would go to Cylus once it was finished. The man would be the brains behind Crynic's droid department, and a close ally in the future.

Sylvanan waited just behind the wooden desk he had bought strictly for this purpose, and cracked a small smile. He would finally meet this supposed prodigy in person.

Cylus Jest

Servant of the Inquisition
Cylus floated, freefalling through the sky as was his method of entering places. After all, why would you possibly just land somewhere when you could make an impression on the person who had asked you there, and it wasn't even his commanding officer. Actually...he wasn't entirely sure who his commanding officer was, it used to be Tmoxin, but not it wasn't. Oh well, he supposed he was simply a loner nowadays.

He could see the droids skittering about here and there, constructing what appeared to be long lines fitted with hundreds of little indents. In reality they were assembly lines, and it didn't take much for that to click in Cylus' mind. He preferred working with droids, the cold calculations, the emotionless values. Droids didn't need to be broken like men did, they simply needed to be programmed once and then the entirety could do what they wanted.

Maybe that was why [member="Sylvanan Tal'verda"] had asked him here, to oversee the droid work. Actually, he was almost completely sure that was the reason he had been called. He continued zooming through the sky, nearing the ground rapidly as he flicked his wings out. They caught air, slowing him, as he reached closer to the ground he spotted the figure he was positive was Sylvanan and flew towards him. A quick burst of his boots fuel near the ground stopped his acceleration and he landed with a flourish of the cape, his usual attire for when he couldn't quite wear his cloak.

The cold eyes glared at Sylvanan's back as he stood
"Good greetings, you called for me?" The voice asked cordially from behind the frightening mask.

This one had a flair for the dramatic. Sylvanan's expression was invisible; hidden by the obsidian plate of his visor. He could see Cylus just fine, but the creature beneath the Arkanian's bio-suit was utterly unseen.

"I did." He agreed, offering a hand, only to have a construction worker march up and offer him a slip if paper.

He explained that it was a permit that needed signing, something about personal safety. Sylvanan grunted his reply, signed the slip, and sent the worker on his way.

"Legalities are great." He grunted, dripping with sarcasm. "I am Sylvanan Tal'verda. I own Crynic, and I run our organization. I understand you're an associate of Tmoxin and Hans?"

He offered his hand once more, and gave half his attention to the droids wiring the main facility doors. Judging by the rate at which the door slammed closed, and opened just as quickly, they were failing.

"Apparently, they're no good with doors, as well as conversation. The droids, I mean."

[member="Cylus Jest"]

Cylus Jest

Cylus studied the Arkanian in front of him with vague curiosity, he wasn't sure he'd ever seen one. This one was caged up in a suit, were they all like that? Perhaps...he continued to stare and then snapped out of it as he realized he may be making the fellow uncomfortable. While he himself could care less about staring, he tried to keep up an act of caring. After all, it made negotiations much easier when people thought they knew you.

He watched the droids continue to buzz about, reminding him of a colony of ants. They were efficient and splendid in his eyes, though he felt no emotion for them just as they felt none for him. Such was the way of things. He simply nodded when the man introduced himself, paying attention carefully though he gave the impression of not caring at all. Subtle diplomacy and whatnot.
"I am Cylus Jest, though many know me as Servant of the Inquisition. I am familiar with the people you speak of."
[member="Sylvanan Tal'verda"]

The Inquisition? Sylvanan had heard tidbits about the organization. The Sith's attempt at reordering worlds. It was disgusting. People could not be crushed so easily, and soon, the bathrobe brigade would understand that. His outrage did not show outwardly. This man had seen the light, per-sey. He understood that the galaxy needed change.

His previous activities did not effect that.

"Pleased to meet you." He grunted, watching as the main doors finally slid into place. The sound of the durasteel sliding into place was more satisfying than the finest cutlery at that moment.

"I welcome you into our group. You'll be running the droid division of Crynic. This facility will be under you - it is not far from Tmoxin's base. Just a half hour's flight." He explained, waving his hand around to showcase the factory. "You'll be compensated as well - but tell me, what compelled you to join us?"

[member="Cylus Jest"]

Cylus Jest

Not for the first time, Cylus simply stopped and contemplated what had made him join the group. It was not greed, hd did not really desire huge amounts of things. There was no love, no camaraderie that he cared about. It did not make him happy or sad, and in a purely logical sense he was agreeing to fight with a much smaller group.

Still, there were things that he wished to accomplish and a lack of 'opponents' would procide a more secure environment for himself and his experiments. "I hope to achieve a better galaxy." Those were the words that came out, though the body language behind it may have begged the question of who's definition of 'better' he was using.

Not Sylvanan's answer. It was one he had heard many say in past experience. Many people liked to think they were building a better galaxy. Sylvanan knew better, but he would not speak out against it. Whatever drove [member="Cylus Jest"] was enough. If the man's goals ever went against the group, then there would be an issue. Until then, his loyalty was all that mattered.

"I wanted to kill those who have wronged me." He said plainly. "That has not changed."

He offered a short nod, and strode past Cylus. Without another word, he helped a worker lift a smelting vat that would melt any parts down to size. With a low curse, the two hefted it into the air, and began to wobble toward the assembly line.

"A bit of help, Cylus!"

Cylus Jest

Cylus nodded once at Sylvanan's reasons, they made perfect sense to him and he found nothing wrong in the desire for revenge except that it tended to use more resources than should be allocated for such a project.

The Arkanian had asked for help, and while Cylus would have helped he'd much rather show off one of his creations, besides Cylus wasn't incredibly strong. The unfurling of four metallic bars from the front of his uniform would be the only indication that anything was there. The loud clank from under his hood announced the metallic spider before it strolled out, it was armed to the teeth, literally.

"Assist them." He ordered as the thing scurried to them. Thankfully, lifting things was a menial non-kill task it understood, wretching itself up on four legs and using the front most legs to assist in holding the thing, it would walk to the destination with little difficulty.
First impressions were always so grandeur filled.

The vat was lifted without much issue. Whatever the droid was made for, it seemed heavy lifting just happened to be a byproduct. The vat was settled down at the very front of the line, where materials would be smelted down into whatever was needed. Sylvanan vaguely understood what it was for, but getting the assembly systems forum in sync just was not his area.

He had tried in the past, and failed miserably. Organics were his area. Metal, droids, the non-living, it was all difficult. That was why Cylus was here.

"Fancy droid." He mused as he strode on up to [member="Cylus Jest"]. "You design it?"

Cylus Jest

Cylus nodded once at Sylvanan with vague satisfaction. The machine made quiet clicking noises, surrounding it's master and consistently searching for threats to his safety. Machines were such an efficient way of doing things, perhaps one day his body would contain machines. Still, he needed to introduce it.

"Meet the Rapax, armed with two T-21's for mandibles, a dart shooter containing Synox and a grenade launcher. It is highly anti force-sensitive hence the cortosis legs. And yes, it is my design."

In silence, Sylvanan observed the droid. He circled the automaton, arms folded behind the small of its back. Cortosis was getting rare these days, and to see it on a droid was a surprise. He couldn't tell if it was straight ore, or just an extract. No one really could with the naked eye, but the difference was significant. Extract would block lightsabers. Straight ore would turn them off.

"Is it ore or extract in the legs?" He asked quietly, crouching down to get a better look at the thing. "We could build a number of these here." He motioned all around with a gloved hand.

The light suddenly came to life, bathing them in a stark pale life. Sylvanan's visor quickly adjusted to the flood of light, but the Arkanian still found himself squinting.

"Seems the generator is working."

[member="Cylus Jest"]

Cylus Jest

Cylus stared at the droid quietly, before he turned his attention to the area around him. He watched the droids continue their construction of various things quietly as he waited. He couldn't quite remember what the original cortosis he had been given was, but he was pretty sure these bits here were just extract. Otherwise he might have been poisoned by the stuff already, one could never tell.

"I believe it is just extract as you call it now. It was originally ore, but it's been micronized." He spoke cordially as he watched the spider move about around him, protecting it's master from attacks that would never come.
"It would take many resources...these are for personal protection, I have other ideas for mass-produced ones." He said with a nod to [member="Sylvanan Tal'verda"].

"Well then my friend, feel free to enlighten me." Sylvanan offered, settling down on a nearby crate. One of the droids came by on a pair of wheels and handed him a rusted datapad. Inwardly, the Arkanian grimaced as he looked over the shipping manifest. This would all need to be re-done if this rate of progress was going to continue.

"Your most basic designs first. Then the complex." He looked up from the datapad, and despite his obsidian visor, one could tell his eyes hovered over the man.

He was studying Cylus. He wanted to know what made this reserved creature tick, and much like many wanted of himself, he was curious as to just what was beneath that mask.

[member="Cylus Jest"]

Cylus Jest

Cylus nodded, standing there and staring right back at Sylvanan, apparently looking him right in the eyes through his own mask, it was a cold look and his body language reflected it. There was no love lost between them, though there was no hostility. To anyone looking it may have seemed odd.

"Specifically, I was considering the ideas of a mass-produced Rapax more suited for killing than protecting. Made of durasteel and other easier materials, it would be armed with a pair of mandible guns like this one. However, I would also enjoy a pair of tentacle like appendages to allow for additional climbing as well as combat with the creature. Perhaps add a blaster within each tentacle so that the direction of each blast would work easier." He talked quickly, giving no quarter for whether the man could keep up. He better, it wasn't like Cylus to repeat himself.

That was an intriguing design. Sylvanan pondered the possibility for a time, arms folded in silence. He listened to [member="Cylus Jest"] spit his string of ideas with unabated patience. For one who had spent a quarter of his life in hospitals either waiting for treatments, or for the possible side effects to become prominent, waiting was not an issue. Patience was one of the Arkanian's many virtues.

"It's do-able. I'll leave you the appropriate funds." He pushed up to his feet, and dusted off his coat. "You have full authority to build what you wish. If the Cabal has need of a droid design, we will come to you. All sales will be under Crynic so our funding will go where it needs to."

He tossed the Imperial a set of keys - archaic metal shaped for a door handle. "None of the doors are technical. You'll need let's to get in and out - this keep us from getting hacked. Take care."

With that, he turned to take his leave.

Cylus Jest

Cylus nodded his head once before giving a flick of his hat in the direction of [member="Sylvanan Tal'verda"]. All of this place was directly under him now, he would be providing droid services for the rest of the Cabal. The idea was interesting to say the least, and finally with enough resources to pursue all of his ideas fully he had plenty of chance to construct things that were useful and readily available as opposed to the small amount of prototypes he could produce by himself.

"Fare thee well, Sylvanan." He said cordially as he spun to watch the droids continue their construction, he looked at the keys in his hand and once more thought about the things he would be able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom