Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expand Your Horizons

Aneya Maev

A
SULLUST
SCNN Main Headquarters
CEO's Office

"That is a thought that I have been pondering on ever since the actions on Dulvoyinn," Xander started talking as he moved his eyes away from the screen and on to the editor-in-chief of Sullust Daily. "It is a very expensive decision I've made, but definitely one that will serve us well. I believe we will only need your agreement on this matter."

Xander had never been the one to wear beautiful suits or look fine in any way. He was a simple man who just happened to do a lot of business nowadays.

"And what is the decision?" Aneya was curious. It did not happen often that the CEO himself asked to meet the woman for formal inquiries. If the situation was typical, he would have just called the woman or sent her a message or something, but never have a meeting in his own office.

That was unusual of him.

"Well, see, I think you will have to move. The whole Sullust Daily will have to move. And that is a decision I will not change my mind on," the man spoke. He was a man who did not change his mind easily. He took time to think on matters and he would then come up with the best possible scenario. But what he did often was that he left the details to those whom he worked with. "But the location to which you will move your headquarters is up to you."

That was odd.

"May I ask, why do we have to move? And where do we have to move?" Aneya couldn't really understand. Well, at least the man wasn't going to fire her or anything. She knew Xander would never do that. "I am really fond of the Bestine headquarters, but I am willing to relocate if there is a clear reason for that."

"You see, the Galactic Alliance just doesn't stop expanding. They now have a lot of territory up to the north, away from Bestine. Dulvoyinn is merely one step, but the Alliance won't stop there. If Coruscant happens to become ours, there is no way we can still call Bestine the headquarter of the northern region."

"Where?"

"Upwards, to the north. It is a risky move to get closer to the Sith territory, but it's one we have to make in order to turn our functions easier to handle."

Aneya Maev

A
"And when will I have to make the decision?" Aneya thought to ask. She wouldn't just make a decision right away, just like Xander wouldn't. These huge things took time to settle and to form thoughts on. She wouldn't be too hasty with that.

"I want you to pick a planet this week. By the end of the week, I want to be having meetings with possible realtors to find the best location on the picked planet we could," Xander said. "I don't expect you to hurry, but the longer we wait with that, the longer we will have to wait with the betterment of our company. We will not build ourselves a new building -- we're going to rent one. So that should all go fast."

"I will have to talk about it with my team." She could never make this decision on her own, especially if it affected the lives of so many of her employees. Reporters didn't really have to do much with the headquarters, but editors did.

"Naturally," the man replied to the thought. "I will not ask you to make a poor judgment. The northern region is - and don't tell any other editor-in-chief about it - our most important and my favourite region. We cannot let things go wild in this sector of our area."

"So we can in all the other regions?"

"I didn't say that."

Now Aneya realised she was in a hurry. She had until the end of the week. And the end of the week was right around the corner. She would have to gather her whole editorial and have a talk with them. And that had to happen really soon so that she could meet up with Xander again before he would start his talks with realtors.

"Where do you suppose we could go?"

"Well, Fondor would be the safest, definitely. Dulvoyinn is also very good. The Alliance has great defense around these two."

Aneya Maev

A
BESTINE
SCNN Northern Region Headquarters
Aneya's Meeting Chamber

"People, I've returned from my meeting with the CEO and have come with some huge news. I don't know if you find them to be good news or not, but it's something that we can't argue against. Xander has made his decision and now we only get to flesh out the details," Aneya spoke days later in her own meeting chamber in the conference centre of her headquarters. She had put a lot of thinking into the whole question and she believed she was now ready to present her ideas to her team and discuss all the things with them.

She, unlike her team, was standing up on her feet. And even though she would have preferred to have a map projected on a screen behind her, she just didn't have that in her chamber. So she had brought in a map for that - one that only worked as the map and not as a real screen - and she had to point on that.

"The Galactic Alliance space is starting to get huge. And we have to evolve along with it, meaning we have to expand our horizons," she spoke, circling the whole area of the Alliance, just like Xander had done just days ago. "As you can see, Bestine is no longer one of our northernmost planets. In fact, it is relatively in the middle of our territory. We have successfully invaded Dulvoyinn and liberated Coruscant, so now we have a huge portion of area above our former northernmost planets."

"What do you mean? Do we have to move or something?"

"Well, yes, that would be the case," Aneya answered the question with ease. "We all know Coruscant took a lot of damage during the reign of the One Sith and it suffered greatly during our invasion of the planet. Now reconstruction works are taking place and people are doing everything to turn the planet into what it once was."

She took her glass of water from the table and then sipped the water in it.

"But. We are going to move to Coruscant as soon as possible."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom