Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excuse me, do you sell flame-resistant hoodies?

Jake was devastated. When he had gotten knocked into a concussion, they had taken his clothes when he arrived at the hospital. The very hospital that was now burned to ashes. Thankfully, a pair of people saved the patients and doctors, but his clothes were completely ruined. "And that was my favorite hoodie, too...", he grumbled as he walked into a nearby clothing store. Well actually, it had been his only jacket, period. Perhaps if he could somehow coat his new one in some non-flammable material, that would possibly work. At the moment, he had been wearing a basic t-shirt and cargo pants that had been given to him earlier. Walking around the shop, he began to look for the perfect jacket to replace his old one.

@Kiskla Grayson

Kiskla was in Coruscant to spectate the outcome of the Halcyon trial. But that wasn't all that was on the news. The HNN had also featured a pyromaniac's outburst on it's broadcast, and the media twisted the story to emphasize the devastation reaped on the innocent at the local hospital.
It sounded like a case of ill-fitted prowess to her.

For the meantime, beneath her warrior status, she was still a lady. And a lady with a strong fashion sense. Usually she fitted in either stark shades of black or white, but this shop was offering a lot of potential. There was a soft ding that caught her attention. Her reflexes were trained to react to new stimuli, and the entrance of a new person was that stimuli that caused the pretty blonde to look not once, but twice.
That face. The curve of his jawline was similar to that of someone running in the holovids.
Never the spectator, but often the participant, Kiskla shelved the garment she had been regarding and slipped in his direction.

"Finding something other than a hospital gown to slip into?" The Jedi Master smirked, suggesting her knowledge on the situation. Since he was roaming rather freely, and with clothing that was not hospital regulated, she assumed there were no criminal charges pressed and her original assumption of it being an accident held true.

@[member="Jake Travers"]

Upon hearing the words, Jake turned to the lady who had addressed him. He raised a hand defensively, a look of concern in his face. "Look, I don't want any trouble. I'm as spooked about that as the rest of Coruscant is." His hand trembled slightly and began to steam, upon which he quickly pulled it back down. He was still regaining his memories, and still hadn't fully re-mastered his fire shaping skills. "Trust me, I'm too dangerous to be around."

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

The Master's brow quirked at the fear inspired from the boy's core. She was no doubt younger than him, or in the very least, not much older than him.

"I'm not going to berate you. My name's Kiskla, a Jedi Master." She was keenly aware of having powers thrust upon you, and not being able to control them. Kiskla literally had gods working within her, both entities of light and darkness.

"Sounds like you need help controlling your gift." Kiskla observed "Have you sought anyone out?"

@[member="Jake Travers"]

Nodding quickly, Jake made sure to keep a distance between them. "Yes, yes, i've found people that can help me. They actually... saved me. I'm in their debt." He smirked as he thought of one of them, a beautiful young woman about his own age. Unfortunately, she was already taken. "Besides, what's it to you?"

Kiskla shrugged, doing her best to keep her Jedi detatchment about her. "Looks like they're not doing a very good job, are they?" Oh whoops, there went her neutrality and in came her personality.

"It's my job to protect the people. That's what it is to me." His body language was exeptionally reserved, and showing all signs of a volatile nature. She had to protect the public, even if that meant protecting people from themselves.

@[member="Jake Travers"]

Those words meant something, and Jake didn't like what it said about her. His eyes hardening, he glared at her. "Are you implying that you're willing to take me down if you have to? Because I can assure you that's not happening lady." He slowly moved a hand behind his back, it igniting in flame.

@[member="Jake Travers"]

Looks like the Jedi peace thing wasn't really her schtick. Or maybe this fellow was just overly sensitive. She couldn't blame him, he was traumatized by his ineptitude.

Lady? Her brow raised even higher in surprise.

"No." Kiskla replied with a sigh to accompany her words. That wasn't what she had meant at all. Perhaps she wasn't the communicator she thought she was; too bad she had a planet she was responsible for. Looks like they were screwed. She maintained his glare with her own unbothered façade. While her eyes challenged his, The Force listened to her command and twisted about his hand, recognizing the flames for what they were on a molecular level and denying them the oxygen necessary to thrive. It was a microscopic technique that few Masters knew, but Kiskla employed on a daily bases to hide her tattoos. She was employing it with every breath she took. "Put that away before you hurt yourself." She folded her arms across her chest and stepped around the clothing rack, gesturing to the garments. "Pick out what you came in for. If you like, I can help you learn a little more control over your.." she paused "Talents."

Jake tossed the now fist-sized ball of fire between his hands, a small smirk tugging on his lips. Maybe intimidation didn't work, but charm usually did, especially with the ladies. Now was his chance to either lose his reputation again, or score big. "Sweetie, I don't need to worry about hurting myself. There's no danger for me. That's why i've been trying to warn you. Wouldn't want to get a pretty little face like yours scarred up now, would we?"

@[member="Jake Travers"]

Well that was certainly a change in the attitude.
She was right about him being volatile, and with volatility came danger. Especially in confined spaces full of flammable objects. What's more, the cooing of pet names had never worked on her. When someone looks the way she did, you grow not only used to, but tired of men chiding.

She was not only used to degrading chatter, but heat. She was the princess of a desert world that harvested lightning. The sun, and tendrils of nothing but pure energy -- two of the hottest elements in the galaxy. And she had the ability to control both. And here this boy was, letting the flames lick between his fingers like an overconfident sorcerer while the store clerk let out a shriek of terror.

"Oh, so you're not too dangerous to be around?" Kiskla challenged, recalling his earlier statement. "And it seems you're no longer spooked, either."

"What are you trying to prove right now, put that away. I offered assistance, not resistance."

"Well, you're also trying to say that I dot know what I'm doing. Which obviously, I do." He grimaced as he heard screaming, followed by the sound of a door opening and closing. Morna was going to really get in his face about that. Whatever happened though, he wasn't letting this woman touch him. He still didn't fully trust himself, and really didn't want to hurt anybody. "Look, please jut leave me alone. I didn't ask for any attention." He let the flame in his hand slowly die out.

"Oh, so you meant to burn down a hospital." Kiskla's visage embraced a look of faux shock, then twisted to a conniving look of understanding, coupled with a sage nod. "Gotcha." She winked, like she was sharing part of a secret with him. Speaking with this fire wielder was like walking in circles -- there was nothing being accomplished. Still, he posed a threat and unless she stuck a hose in @[member="Jake Travers"]' mouth indefinitely, it wasn't likely to be smothered anytime soon.

"I'm just offering my help in controlling your abilities. I'm well-practiced in control, and even if you are getting help, what's the point in turning down an invitation to knowledge? You're limiting your own intelligence." She gestured as she spoke, but remained a distance away from him. It was obvious he easily felt crowded, and setting him off again was the last thing she wanted to do. Even if it was just the two of them remaining in the shop. If his pyrotechnic show burst again, someone's livelihood would be down the drain, and Kiskla was fairly certain that a sporadic fire-wielding manaic was not on the insurance policy.

Those words cut through Jake like a knife through butter. "I-I meant that I can control it better now. I didn't mean to burn anything! I didn't want to hurt anybody!" As he yelled, his shoulders began to steam wildly, his eyes deep orange. "It's not my fault!"

Kiskla's blonde brow raised at the pyro's protest. How hard was it to accept an invitation for information and control?

"Okay," Kiskla held up her hands, palms facing toward @[member="Jake Travers"] to show she truly meant no harm. Genuinely, although her tongue suggested otherwise, she was keen to assist. "Calm down, it seems your prowess results from your temper. I can help you further that control, or, I can walk away." Her light eyes met his to reinforce her offer, letting her aura pour throughout the shop with a deep feeling of serenity and calm. Her presence was in high contrast to the attitude from the dark-haired man across from her.

Jake slowly began to feel a sense of calm, and his demeanor changed. He forced himself to breathe a few times, and the steam dissipated into the air. "Fine... I'll accept your help. Just... don't try anything weird, okay? I really don't want to hurt anyone." He breathed a sigh of relief, now that he was at peace.

Cool.

Weird? She almost wanted to snort at that implication. Weird was all a matter of perception, and depending on who was perceiving, a lot of the Jedi tricks were weird.
"Let's step out of this shop first of all." Kiskla muttered, turning on her heel and hesitating only long enough to assure herself that @[member="Jake Travers"] was following her. "And I'm at a disadvantage. I don't know your name." Kiskla added, realizing her position. It was difficult to impart wisdom to somebody who couldn't even offer their credentials. She realized she was walking on egg-shells as it was, considering his temperament, she didn't want to offend him further by giving him some insulting nick name.

"I'm Jake." He decided to keep it simple for the moment, charm be damned. He was still shaken by his display of anger back at the shop, and wanted to focus on what he was usually good at- seclusion. As he followed the woman, however, her aura only seemed to put him more at ease. Eventually, he stopped fighting it and started to accept it more.

"Well Jake," Kiskla started, relieved that he hadn't thrown a tantrum and burned the entire shop to ash. In fact, it seemed that the shop-owner was also rather relieved, and she slunk back in through the door. "Considering you're talent with the elements, it's probably best we go to an element friendly location."

Her walk wasn't as quick as usual, and she purposely maintained a speed appropriate for someone to follow. She lead him away from the shops and toward the Jedi temple, a staple to Coruscant as much as the Senate building was. Its five spires twisted into the atmosphere and threatened to pierce the clouds, and it was truly a structure to marvel at. And many did.

Kiskla continued up the marble steps however, and into the main foyer before winding with expertise through the hallways to the main training room. Thankfully, it was surprisingly barren, and Kiskla continued to check over her shoulder to make sure @[member="Jake Travers"] had continued to follow her.

"When do you feel the most out of control?" Kiskla asked, breaking the ice abruptly. She wanted to help, not make a friend, and it didn't matter if he thought she was offensive, here, he could do little damage and she wanted to get to the root of the problem as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom