Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Exalt-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image:
old_republic_sith_destroyer_by_michelebotticelli-d3hdfdy.jpg

Image Source: http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/147/0/5/old_republic_sith_destroyer_by_michelebotticelli-d3hdfdy.jpg
Affiliation: One Sith
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: Exalt-class Star Destroyer
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, alusteel, Glasteel
Classification: Destroyer
Role: Capital ship, destroyer
Length: 1800 meters
Width: 900 meters
Height: 500 meters

Armament:
20 Quad Heavy Long-Range Mass Drivers
20 Quad Heavy Long Range Ion Cannons
80 Heavy Mass Drivers
80 Heavy Ion Cannons
Eighty Point Defence Laser
Fifty Dual Flak Guns

Hangar:
3 Squadrons of fighters, bombers, or a mixture of both

Special Features:
Standard ship systems (navicomputer, com and sensor arrays, life support systems)
Holonet transceiver
Standard detention cells
Two redundant shield generators
Two banks of escape pods
Secondary bridge within the super structure
Power Generator: Three Krayt anti-matter reactors

Maneuverability: 18
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class: Class 1

Strengths:
Very heavily armed
Very heavily armored and shielded
Weaponry is designed to cut through enemy ships quickly, turbolasers replaced with mass drivers for immediate impact to hulls
Protected hanger from enemy attacks

Weaknesses:
If the primary bridge falls, it will take several minutes to activate the secondary bridge and shield fall until that time
Slow
Mass drivers will eventually run out of ammunition, whereas if the the ship had turbolasers, this wouldn't be an issue.
Lower Squadron count than normal

Description:

The culmination of the Sin series of ships created by Krayt Industries, the Exalt-class Star Destroyer (developed under the name Project Pride), is the first large scale ship constructed by the company. Commissioned by Darth Arcanix, and painstakingly designed by her and the mysterious Enigma, the Exalt-class Star Destroyer is the launching of a new age for Krayt.

Sensing a way to make the ship more unique from standard Star Destroyers, the Exalt is not equipped with turbolasers, but is instead fully equipped with mass drivers instead. This decision allows the Exalt to deliver damage directly to an enemy's hull, while still bombarding their shields with ion cannons as well, eliminating the need for both turbolaser and ion cannon fire to whittle down an opponent's shields to strike hard at them.

Equipped with twenty quad heavy long range mass drivers and twenty quad heavy long range ion cannons, on top of the eighty heavy mass drivers (arranged in twenty batteries of four) and eighty heavy ion cannons (arranged in twenty batteries of four), the Exalt also has eighty point defense lasers and fifty dual flak guns to protect against smaller craft. The Exalt also is able to hold three squadrons of starfighters or bombers or a mixture of both, giving fighter protection and strike capabilities. This hanger is also protected against kamikaze attacks by a series of launch tubes, each containing a series of three doors, being used to launch the fighters, even if this does slow deployment time for them into a battle. This system protects against enemy forces trying to bomb the hanger bay, as the last door will always have closed automatically before ordnance or a kamikaze can penetrate.

Defensively, the Exalt boasts heavy armor and shields, supported by two redundant shield generators. All of this is powered by three anti-matter reactors positioned strategically around the ship to make sure if one goes down, the other two reactors are still able to power the ship's shields and weaponry. The ship also boasts a secondary bridge deep within the superstructure in case the primary is disabled or destroyed. This can take several minutes though, and until all systems in that bridge are active, shields will be down.

The Exalt is not without its weaknesses though. Because of the nature of its primary weapon systems, the mass drivers will eventually run out of ammunition in a prolonged battle and the ship has absolutely no missile weaponry to speak of. The Exalt is rather slow as well, mainly due to the engines and shields drawing much of the power not being sent to coms, sensors, life support, lighting etc.

Development Thread:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/50343-beginnings-of-pride/(designing of the Exalt-class Star Destroyer)
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/51129-building-of-pride/(constructing the first ship at the Bilbringi shipyards)
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52232-testing-of-pride/(testing the weaponry and shields of the Exalt prototype after it finished contruction)
Who Can Use This: One Sith only

Good work on the sub so far, that's some serious development! :)

Just run through the maths, please let me know if I'm off:

Fifty Quad Heavy Long-Range Mass Drivers 2000 (50*4*2*5)
Fiftty Quad Heavy Long Range Ion Cannons 2000
Eighty Heavy Quad Mass Drivers 640
Eighty Heavy Quad Ion Cannons 640
Eighty Point Defence Laser Batteries 320 (80*4)
Fifty Dual heavy Flak Guns 200 (50*2*2)

Under the assumption that I would allow you to trade in all 120 warhead launchers to capital guns without penalty, the standard loadout has: 1140 capital guns, 80 defense guns.

Your vessel has 5280 and 520.

Regardless of any amount of development, for a minor production ship this completely breaks balance. Could I ask that you review this, and let me know if you think my numbers are correct? (Heavy generally ~x2 modifier, long range ~x5)

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Ok for all options I'd like to see the following please:

Remove Hangar
Link to the deviantart user's page rather than just the image

Two options then follow:

Change Production: Limited

20 Heavy Quad Mass Drivers
20 Heavy Quad Ion Cannons
10 Point Defence Laser Batteries
10 Dual heavy Flak Guns

And behind door number 2:

Keep minor production
12 Quad Heavy Long-Range Mass Drivers
12 Quad Heavy Long Range Ion Cannons
20 Heavy Quad Mass Drivers
20 Heavy Quad Ion Cannons
10 Point Defence Laser Batteries
10 Dual heavy Flak Guns

Add another exploitable weakness

I am, of course, amenable to you suggesting alternatives based on this - including a balanced approaching to adding some carrier capacity back in.

I would suggest that firing arcs for the weapons may be of use as well :)

All the best!

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Raziel"]

Thirty Dual Heavy Long-Range Mass Drivers = 600
Thirty Dual Heavy Long Range Ion Cannons = 600
Eighty Heavy Mass Drivers = 160
Eighty Heavy Ion Cannons = 160
Eighty Point Defense Lasers = 80
Fifty Dual Flak Guns = 100

So capital guns would be at 1520 and defense guns at 180, and cut the hanger down to 4 squadrons?

That would put it on par with the Noblesse the Republic has

My apologies :)

Please let me re-clarify my earlier post. [member="Darth Arcanix"]

Ok for all options I'd like to see the following please:

3 Squadrons in Hangar
Link to the deviantart user's page rather than just the image

Two options then follow:

Change Production: Limited

80 Heavy Mass Drivers
80 Heavy Ion Cannons
80 Point Defence Lasers
50 Dual Flak Guns

And behind door number 2:

Keep minor production
12 Quad Heavy Long-Range Mass Drivers
12 Quad Heavy Long Range Ion Cannons
80 Heavy Mass Drivers
80 Heavy Ion Cannons
80 Point Defence Lasers
50 Dual Flak Guns

Add another exploitable weakness

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Ok this looks alright to me, but perhaps could still do with a more meaningful weakness on there.

I'll ask whoever reviews this to cast a second pair of eyes over this before approving please?

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Before i approve this i must agree with Raziel. This ship should have more weaknesses, specifically because i don't actually view this as a weakness;

Darth Arcanix said:
No missile weaponry
That just happens to be a feature of the ship.

Take this out and replace it with another actual weakness and I will be satisfied.

[member="Soliael"]

Would it be acceptable to say that if the primary bridge is destroyed, the secondary bridge takes several minutes to get up and running and you lose shields during that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom