Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting [OP Bladedancer Training]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Delila Castillon"], @Any OP Members Who Want Some Extra Training,

Abregado-Rae,

Military Academy of Abregado.. Rae.. duh.

It was one of the larger training arenas that this thread takes place in. Training weaponry and first aid kits already prepared in the larger arena as the droid Exarch entered, unusually naked without his usual armor, cloak, or robes, just him in his silver Phrik body, holding over his shoulder what was equivalent of a boom-box.

"You ready for this, Dells?"

The machine would ask, giving a nod of greeting to the "student" he expected to meet there, stunning Delila herself,

"Let us not waste time and start, I made the announcement I will be giving training here today public, so other people may show up later to watch or get trained after I am done with you."

He would quip, strutting by the redhead to put his boombox down by one wall of the arena and pressing a button to play. Turning around he would get in his Echani-reminiscent open palm fighting stance, looking to Dells,

"Ready to finish your training? Remember what I taught you last time? It is all about being like wind or water itself, carry through your motion, evade and dance."

As he spoke and advanced towards her a peculiar song would begin to play on the boombox

[member="HK-36"]

Insanity could be defined as doing something over and over but expecting different results. Delila had expected her training to be finished long ago. She expected HK to have a bit more maturity in his programming -- enough to stop hitting on her at least. None of that was true. She had signed up for more torture...er....training....through the ancient droid. It was something really designed for Force users but she liked the fact it was something different. An unexpected hand-to-hand combat style that wasn't always seen in folks like her.

"I don't know. Last time we trained was so long ago. I'm old, mind isn't what it used to be." Delila quipped before HK started his music. It didn't seem very bladedancer-y type music to herself. More like if she was running perhaps. Or doing some type of solo cardio activity. Either way, its what she had to work with. Honestly, if she wanted to win this match all she had to do was show a little cleavage. This wasn't the point of bladedancer training though.

As HK advanced, Delila took a few steps back and to the side, moving diagonally away from the droid.

HK-36

[member="Delila Castillon"],

"I am sure you could still run me through my paces."

The droid quipped once again hitting on her, after all she was the hottest redhead in all the land, it was his civic duty as citizen of Protectorate to hit on her.

And speaking of cleavage, the droid tried to close the distance in quick advance of snappy crisp fencing footwork, aiming to carry out his initial strike, a flat-palm hit aimed at her solar plexus, right between those Dell-bosoms to knock her back on her butt.

It should be easy enough to avoid or counter due to the distance Delila caused, she forced HK's hand into over-extending slightly.

Also, he begun to sing along with the song playing from his space boombox.

"What will you do when you get lonely? No droid waiting by your side. You have been running and bladedancing much too long. You know it is just your foolish pride.."

Yeah she'll have to endure that too

Strolling into the arena sleep still in my eyes I was welcomed by music, it wasn't quite to my taste but I wasn't gonna complain. If it had something to do with the training the Hk droid was supposed to be providing I would deal with it. Not like I really had a choice. The droid was quite peculiar, he never acted like a regular droid but more like a human inside a droids body. Before me I saw the Hk droid and a women in middle of training so I simply walked over to the farthest corner and took a seat deciding to watch and learn from what the two were doing. The way they moved with fluidity almost like it was like a dance it was transfixing. This was supposed to be my first lesson into combat with the Omega Protectorate since I joined them, and to be honest I really needed it. If I got into close quarters without a blaster I would be in for a world of trouble which was my main reason for deciding to show up.

Telgath was quietly watching the training. He was ever confused by this human droid. It did not make sense to him, he had never learned much of droids but he knew it was uncommon for one to gain personality. He had come because he knew even with his own training of swordsmanship, he could always use more training. He had spent many hours teaching himself how to work with a sword, and he fancied that he was pretty good at it, but that was no reason to not get more professional training when the chance arose. Though he found it even more strange that it was a droid teaching this. He looked forward to learning what he could. His technique had been to simply batter at the enemy until he found a weakness in the persons form. But he doubted that would really help against experienced fighters.

[member="HK-36"]

The goliath soldier, Titan walked into the academy on Abregado-Rae hoping to add to his training. On his back lay his personal Beskad, Kronos, the giant blade that slew dozens of sithspawn on Zeltros. He wore the skin suit for his armor and combat pants, something comfy.

Commander [member="HK-36"], Might I join your class. I wish to enhance my sword skills.

His voice matched his size as it echoed through the training room. Titan stood at attention and saluted the ancient droid general.

In his own corner of the shadows, Sarge stood, bolter mag-clamped to his thighplate. Angry red lenses glared outward to denote not only his presence, but his displeasure at hearing music from his own played so blatantly by a very ancient droid with a serious need for a memory wipe. It was an egregious need, in his own personal opinion. Then again, his opinion of most of his coworkers was also disturbingly low.

He'd never quite been able to puzzle that one out; mostly cause none of them had ever partaken in any actions detrimental to himself or those he cared about.

Maybe he was just getting ornery in his old age.

Or maybe the droid did just need a memory wipe. Better men than him could decide that, he was sure. But that wasn't going to stop him from judging - quite harshly - from his own little corner of the area. That had always been his wont.

Chaff strolled into the room and casually leaned up against a wall. Someone had told him about a blade training course being held here. While Chaff did not think he needed any kind of training, he was never one to turn down a fight, even a mock one. He walked in to see two people already in the middle of a fight. The black armored hunter looked over the rest of the people in the room. Only one he knew was the droid in charge of the class, it seemed. Whatever. Kept things interesting. Chaff deployed his duel wristblades and started sharping them as he waited for the two currently in the arena to finish their fight.

Uriel

I Shall Know No Fear
Another set of helmed armour walked into the room right behind the Colonel, a bolter strapped to his own thigh-plate as well. Needless to say, they were coming out in force. A force of two. Which, in the entirely non-humble opinion of the thinker of this thought - and that would be our six-five superman, not the five-eight universal brainmeat - that force of two was basically worth the entire room and then some.

Nevertheless, it had been a request from the boss. A request that would be obliged. Taking a quiet position near Sarge in the corner, arms folded and eyes flitting back and forth to scan the room and determine just how good the rest of these Protectorate warriors were, Uriel watched and waited. One of them was bound to have some talent.

Tanalth

Crazy Never Looked this Good
Upon hearing of a training session being hosted by [member="HK-36"] Jenna was only vaugly interested. She'd felt she'd been through enough training throughout her time growing up as an agent of the OP, along with her own skills learned on the outside from her parents, to be sucessful enough to pass any physical trials. However in recent events she had found that she was a little out of whack than usual. That she more so blamed on the fact she wasn't taking advantage of her time off to actually work out her skills. With that in mind Jenna eventually caved in and thought "why not?" and agreed to come to the trainign session.

She arrived soon after some of the others, wearing a spandex workout outfit since she knew strecthing and the like were probably involved. Upon entering, and taking a moment to see the others who arrived, the first thing to catch her attention was the music playing while HK and [member="Delila Castillon"] had already started. While it wasn't her usual music she did give it credit for making her bob her head and snapp her fingers to the beat as she made her way over.

Recognizing [member="Telgath"] from a pervious mission she walked next to him and waved once he'd noticed her. She remained quiet after that, her attention going back to the two currently in training.

[member="Uriel"] [member="Meanken"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Titan"] [member="Zemen Selah"]

(Here's her outfit in case you're wondering http://www.active-wear.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Hot-Spandex-Workout-Wear.jpg )

[member="HK-36"]

The puns were horrible. Shouldn't he be saving those for those gathered? Like a demonstration lesson where HK could pick on others under the guise of learning. Somehow her brain had blocked this part of the bladedancing training out. Maybe HK had drugged it out of her. He wasn't exactly a trustworthy droid when it came to relations between the two.

Silver arm shot out to attack her. It seemed to easy. Must be testing the waters. Dells couldn't take a step back -- she'd be boxed in. Instead she took a flip over the droid instead. Fist grazed her booted feet but she rolled with it, ignoring his annoying crooning as she did so. Landing, the redhead turned and thrust her leg out to give HK a good kick in the rear -- if it connected.

HK-36

[member="Titan"],

"Bloody, yes!"

The droid called out to Titan not really able take time for any longer answer as [member="Delila Castillon"] flipped in a jump over him,

"To be a Bladedancer is to be a stream, to be the wind!"

The droid called out to those gathered [member="Uriel"], [member="Jenna Templar"], [member="Meanken"], [member="Sarge Potteiger"], [member="Zemen Selah"], [member="Telgath"], his head utilizing that high-speed rotor in his neck to already be looking at Dells by the time she landed behind him, his head facing all the way around.

"The best way to survive being hit is to not be hit in the first place."

He muttered as he swiftly turned around fully and slid down to his knees in a fluid motion,

"Layla, you have got me on my droid knees."

HK quipped, oh the puns, titling to the side slightly he dodged the kick which now would be aimed at his upper torso and head and instead tried to deliver a flat palm hit underneath her leg into her heel.

Dodging a kick like that by turning around was really stupid and inefficient, but this writer just wanted to put that that "on my knees" part in there, the droid's dodging will only get him so far, this writer would also not pass up on an occasion for him to get tormented and juggled a bit by the Dells in front of other Protectorate soldiers.

"Layla, I'm begging, darling, please."

He sounded out, whether his hit would connect or not he would roll out away from her, getting some space while he could to have a better look at the group gathered and get them engaged a bit!

"And this is where the comedy comes in. Alright, the excited fellow who wants to enhance his swords skills-"

He would refer to Titan, speaking quickly,

"Grab a practice sword from the back and help Delila out in catching me, Agent Templar,"

HK looked to Jenna,

"You too, you will be using only your hands but I want you to see you get hits on my vital target areas, that is neck and throat, kidneys in the back, solar plexu, armpits, ribs, heels and the back of my knees, in actual combat those will have either least amounts of armor or easiest way to disable your target. Watch my movements and the choices of movement I make, the worse thing you can do is to get yourself cornered, and if your actions are forced by the movements of your opponents then you are heading for a trap. This is as much brawl as a Space Chess fight."

The machine would turn his head all the way around again to see if Dells was dealing a sneak attack on him.

"Zemen, Telgath, Chaff, start warming up, you will be in a group together, Telgath grab a practice sword. Other large fellow,"

This time he referred to Uriel,

"I am assuming that you are here to watch as Sarge is."

Dells better be doing something sneaky and tormenty through him taking all this time to get people involved, how dare he?

Titan marched himself to the wall of practice weapons and grabbed something similar to his own Kronos, a clever of a weapon but fashioned in wood. It was much lighter than Kronos but hard as stone. Titan gave it a few one handed swings to get the feel. An audible wish of air followed each swing.

He stepped onto the training pad and took an offensive stance, sword in his right hand, pulled back but angled forwards. His left hand was out in front, as a meat shield, if you will. Standing near two feet taller than most everyone in the room, the 7'3" Goliath of a soldier waited for an opening to begin his assault on HK alongside the female known to him only as Delila.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Delila Castillon"] @all the others

Watching as Hk's head spun completely around Zemen couldn't suppress the frown on his face. That wasn't really fair. They wouldn't be dealing with people who could do that, but from what he saw Force users might as well have eyes in the back of their head so it was fair game. Three versus one at first didn't seem fair either but after seeing what the droid could do Zemen had started coming around to the thought. Looking over at Chaff and Telgath he wondered how those two would fair with him in the fight. Since Telgath was told to grab a sword Zemen assumed he had some type of training or proficiency with it."How bad you think they're gonna get beat?" Zemen asked the two in his group.

[member="Meanken"] [member="Telgath"]

HK-36

[member="Zemen Selah"],

"I am not hearing you stretching and preparing for practice!"

The machine called back to Zemen's group, being an ass to them to get things picking up on speed and people included,

[member="Titan"],

Finally facing the large man with a wooden sword the droid would get back into his hand-to-hand combat stance, starting to move and shuffle on his feet, keeping his receptors on Titan and [member="Delila Castillon"], after all he still needed his ass kicked by her!

"Good, do not start fights, if you have to fight you want your opponent to come to you, watch their body, remember the movements of muscles. If you learn the body, you will learn the movements. One you know that, you will be able to predict what their next move will be. A Jedi named Kira taught me this when I joined the Pyre."

The droid made a few quick steps towards Titan in a feint attack, however quickly backing off to get more distance and see if he could provoke him into a swing which he could exploit,

"When facing an enemy with a sword or lightsaber you always have to keep in mind the extra reach they have. Proper footwork and distance between you and your opponent is the key, for blades and sabers do have a minimum distance between their target required. It is possible to get close enough to outmaneuver your opponent's weapon and overpower them. So when you face someone with blade advantage, keep in mind openings and how you can create them, dance around the blade until you are able to close in and either disarm or disable them. Just the same when you are the one wielding the blade remember to keep proper distance, do not let it become too close or else your opponent will take advantage of it, always keep your eyes on your opponent and their movements, the distance between the two of you."

He explained while performing the faint to try and provoke a swing or a cut into the empty air he could exploit.

[member="HK-36"]

Titan would fall for the feint, but his reach along with the reach of the longsword would cause the droid to backpedal further or risk taking a dent in the chest as the massive soldier shoved his arm forward, twisting the wrist outwards. The blade would come from a diagonal top right to bottom left(per Titans viewpoint).

Confident in his speed, and strength, Titan would follow the attack with the same move but coming from the opposite angle(top left to bottom right) with the intensity to create the audible whir from the air displacing around the large blade so rapidly.

HK spoke of the philosophy of swordplay, it made sense to Titan, he had the reach advantage for sure, and the strength to back it.

HK-36

[member="Titan"],

"Do not make your moves so bloody big, large swings may be good at larger distance and with multiple foes-"

The droid spoke as he side-stepped in a quick dodge to the side the first swing, arcing his body to let the blade fly over his head and miss him,

"But when your foe is quick enough they can see the movement coming ahead of time, and take advantage."

In his side-step he would close enough distance to Titan to attempt a flat-palm hit aimed at his wrist with the droid's carpal structure components to either knock the man's blade out of his hands, push it away, or grapple him.

With his other hand the droid would attempt a slap or more of a chop aimed at the man's throat, his Adam's apple, a hit just strong enough to launch him into a reflex coughing fit.

Whether these two hits would miss or not, the machine would soon enough tumble back, rolling on the ground before stopping himself with his hands and feet,

"You can build up nice enough speed, do not waste it by making your swings predictable, smaller blade movements, more precise. When you attack make it deliberate, efficient, it will help you capitalize on the speed that comes from your body, and watch the distance, try to keep both of your feet at the ground as often as possible so that you are able to move and change position at moment's notice. If your feet are not on the ground then you cannot change your trajectory, it is simple as that."

Titan watched the droid dodge then deflect his attacks. When the metal hand came for his throat, Titan used his size and leaned back, the metal hand slamming into a massive pectoral muscle. He flexed, the pec pop of love, increasing the density of his already solid chest to defend against injury.

He took a step back from the blows power, but he regained his balance and was moving forward for his next strike. Walking forwards as the droid rolled backwards, his blade came up, telegraphing his potential attack path, the vertical angle of the attack would come as an overhand chop, with his arm bent more than the first attack, not reaching full extension. As the blade traveled towards it intended target, Titan would flex hard, straightening the attack into a jab, extending the reach of the attack. As he would predict, Titan figured the droid would move on the initial strike, attempting to avoid a bisecting cut, either left, right or back. In that case, all Titan would need do is follow the direction of HK's movement upon implementing the second part of the strike. If the droid did neither and came straight for Titan, as if he were to tackle him, the droid would find a tree stump of a knee coming at his photoreceptors as Titan pushed his legs forward to execute the lunging motion of the jab.

Titan also kept his free hand back for defensive purposes.

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Titan"],

The droid would indeed tumble back, creating more distance between the two of them as he sprung to his feet, stepping back still as the jab came, keeping himself out of the range of the sword as his hand came up, planting another flat-hand hit, this time on the flat side of the sword to cast it aside and change its trajectory for another maneuver as he spoke,

"Remember, the farther a point on the blade is from the hilt, the weaker it is, meaning it is easier to manipulate and parry by your enemy."

The machine instructed, not conducting much of a counter-attack or moving in with the parry being conducted, just keeping the blade under his control by keeping the blade pushed by his metal hand, placing pressure on its flat size to keep control over it.

The droid again deflected his attack, though, this time HK kept his hand on the flat side of the blade to maintain control. Titan saw an opportunity to react, turning his wrist outward, to slip the blade under HK's hand, the massive soldier aimed to scoop the blade up into the midsection of the droid.

Throwing his shoulder into it, Titan would potentially lift the droid and fling him across the training room. Titan would then step back and regroup his stance whether the attack worked or otherwise.

[member="HK-36"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom