Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eenee, meanee, minee, moe, I choose you..(completed)

The shadows was where she worked the best, the ability to fade from sight taught to her since she was young. Every female child of Emberlene was taught all the skills they needed to survive. Their motto, or mantra, We do what we must to survive.

They were clans headed by women, the men had been given their chance in their history and when it failed and had sent the women into action, taking the lead. All Emberlene women were strong warriors, hired mercenaries. The ability to become anyone based on a database created for just that idea. Become anyone who might be on the same planet as you, and know them well enough to pull it off.

Today was about marksmanship, here on the desert dunes of Tattooine she vied for a contract against another, an unknown. The Hutts were hell to work for, and they made terms that would make a sandtick dance in frustration. The hot sun was roasting her alive, sweat poured from her brow. She looked down, the targets were set. Her clan needed these credits for this job. Why were the hutts being this difficult? She suspected there was more to this, she needed time to figure it out.

But where was the competition? Who was it?

Satine looked over well this was interesting a mandalorian, another who understood clan life, and were said to have a code of honor. Perhaps this would show her what they were made of, what their mindset was.

"Hello, Satine D'ulin" She saw no harm in giving her real name right now. She was not known that she knew of, "have you ever heard of this before, someone testing out people to see if they are worthy of a contract?"

She looked at his weapons, very nice, very interesting.

[member="Nolan Detta"]

"A pleasure. No, but I have taken many tests in my time as a Vode, child of Manda'Lor. This is very new to me."

He chambered rounds into each gun as he spoke. He removed his helmet once he was finished to reveal the matted dirty blonde hair and deep emerald eyes. He was young, but war had aged him slightly and he would seem to be wiser than his age would suggest. He placed his helmet aside and sighted in his weapons.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

She had not taken out her weapon yet it lay beside her completely covered, not that she was so good that she didn't want to show it. She wanted it to remain cool handling it when hot was a bit painful.

"I have too have taken many tests it is clan traditions that we face challenges to make us stronger" A child of the descendents of Emberlene. The things they made them do.

"The contract however is quite lucrative from what I understand though the Hutt would not give me more information on it." She smiled, "he gives enough for us to show up, and then he dangles it like a carrot." She looked over again at Nolan, "Have you worked for Hutts before?"

Hutts are a 'pleasure' that I have known to work with on a few occasions. Saved one once. Another has tried to buy my services before, but he couldn't afford a Detta.

Nolan chuckled at the thought. Detta's are known for their tendency to make a mess.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

"A pleasure now that is not a term I've heard in conjunction with a Hutt." Several things were now beginning to happen around them the Hutt was sitting on his high platform looking down at where each of his contenders were waiting. His large eyes blinked owlishly Satine had seen a Hutt a few times, it was not pleasant.

The Hutt, Weelo kept grabbing into a large dish it seemed to hold water until Satine saw him come up with something the wiggled and squealed until he popped it into his mouth. Gross was all she thought.

She reached down for the soft cover case bringing it up preparing to open it.

The sun was hotter she was not prepared for such weather she had hoped it would have been over by now. A cage was being brought out, she studied, "A animal?" she tilted her head, Weelo was speaking. Something about smugglers, slavers, and drug dealers. The one who could bring him back the prize would take the contract to Nar Shadaa.

Always the criminals. The canvas was taken off ..

Nolan picked up his Charging Rhyno and River Rifle, leaving the Kath Hound behind and sat on the ledge of where they were set up as the Hutt rambled about prizes and something along the lines of killing his enemies. The cafe below them sat almost in the center of view and what rattled inside seemed primal, obviously a beast of some kind, so Nolan figured this was a hunting match. Whatever was inside was either known for its ferocity as a predator or it's cunning as prey.

"It seems as though we are to be pitted in a game of cat and mouse. Now the question is, are we the cat... Or the mouse...?"

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

Satine looked she had thought to bring the verpine shatter sniper rifle but had instead brought the T-28, "I'm thinking we are the mice" She looked down there was a roar Satine looked out towards the desert, "do you know what that was" She caught her breath. Was it possible, it couldn't be possible.

"The hunter approaches!" The hutt yelled.

"Dammit, that's a krayt dragon have you ever seen one?"

The Hutt was laughing the deep growling echoing sound, "the first one to bring back this one, gets a specialized contract" He laughed more. Satine shook her head, "Shassa" She got up, she really needed something with a bit more firepower. The ground was beginning to vibrate, this had to be a fully grown dragon 30 meters, mouth full of teeth, and aggressive.

"Nolan Detta time to make a plan" She smiled.

[member="Nolan Detta"]

"Krayt Dragons, from Tatooine, roughly 30 meters, venomous bite and spines, attracted by the darkside, and have 2 dimensional vision. One fundamental weakness, a weak point in the sinus cavity, 20 centimeters below the eyes along the nose. One well placed shot and boom, dragon skewers for everyone."

Nolan donned his helmet and leapt off the parapet he say on. Landing in the arena below, the Krayt dragon roared at his falling visage. Landing in a crouched position, one hand on the dirt, he slung his L3 and tightened his fists. He looked up at [member="Satine D'ulin"] and gave her a two finger salute, "Take the shot when you have the chance, but let's give them a show first."

Nolan ran off to the dragons right, Satine's left. And stopped in a shadow. He closed his eyes as the dragon marched slowly towards him, inspecting it's potential prey. He stood absolutely still as he focused his mind on the pain and hate inside. He opened his eyes, were his helmet not on, anyone with a view would see Nolan's eyes turn from emerald to gold. The dragon at that moment would sprint at Nolan. As it sprinted, Nolan would activate his repulsor pack and lift off about 10 meters above the dragon...

[member="Nolan Detta"]

She listened to him give the information on the dragon, 30 meters she repeated. Before she could say anything he had donned his gear and jumped. "Really?" She saw him break off to her left as the dragon paused and then gave chase to him only to stop as if it had lost something along the way.

A show she thought a show, she slung the T-28 across her back, and then jumped down. She sprinted to the long tail why was it so interested in Nolan was he carrying something. She pulled her knife and made a stab for the tail. It turned looking back at her. Ok..maybe it wasn't interested in Nolan so much, or was she just annoying it.

She stepped back. Remember poisonous bite. Watch out for the teeth, and it was probably a lot quicker than she was going to give it credit for.

Nolan hovered above the dragon as Satine circled to the dragons tail, but it noticed her. So Nolan roared a challenge, fueling his Force Rage.

As the dragon turned towards Satine, almost as if someone had called it's name, the dragon's head would snap back to Nolan. The dragon returned the challenge and charged. Nolan dropped to the ground and did the same... At the last moment, before the dragon sank it's teeth into Nolan, he snatched the upper and lower jaws of the beast and began a primal tug-o-war. Back and forth they struggled, the dragon growing it's own anger at the strength of the Mandalorian and the Mandalorian, with Force enhanced strength and crushgaunts, was holding his own against the immensely strong reptile.

Poison dripping from the razor sharp teeth within the mouth of the Krayt dragon, it's tail thrashing forward to try and reach it's prey. Nolan was holding it at arms length, inside his helmet, grunts and growls echoed around in the silence of his bucket.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

Satine had to take a pause to watch this feat of strength to take on the Krayt Dragon this was a very strong virile man. Satine moved around to the side keeping a watch, she brought up the T-28 keeping it at the ready.

"Kill it Nolan" she urged him all while she leveled her aim at the Dragon's head. The feat of strength would garner much support and her having a front row seat to see such power made her light headed.

Finally the crowd above roared in approval at Satine's request to Nolan to end the show. He looked at her, shoving his right hand down and away for his body and his left up and out, snapping the jaw off the dragon and tossed it in front of Satine so she could shoot it in the head to finalize the kill.

"You are victorious Madam Satine. Go claim your prize."

After she would finish off the dragon, Nolan would begin to collect the spines and teeth from the dragon. Also the top half of its head, he would sever as a trophy.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

She smiled at him and she really wasn't sure why, she didn't know if he was being a gentleman or a showoff, but either way he made an impression. Satine at such close range needed onto land the shot, she aimed. And then pulled the trigger, the crowd roared. it was a short lived show but it was one that they would not forget.

Satine looked up to the Hutt, she would collect her contract. With a nod she told them she would be there to collect. She looked over to Nolan, "With your bare hands, so you've done this before?" She spoke with a gentle accent of her tribes.

She looked again at him. Perhaps he would be one to help her with another small detail, "Can I buy you a drink?" She asked, hoping it would invite him to speak with her.

Nolan looked down at his hands, his crushgaunts stained with the saliva of the Krayt Dragon. Calming down from his Controlled Rage, he looked back up to Satine at her offer of a drink. Even through the visored helmet, Satine would see his body straighten up and almost happiness exuding through the armored Mandalorian.

If you're buying, I'm there Satine. Let's go claim your bounty. I'll bring this, He held up the head of the dragon. He walked up to Satine and waited for her to lead the way.

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

Satine nodded, "yes let's go collect my contract, my bounty, and then get you a drink. You and your little friend" She pointed to the head, as they turned to walk back around the winding stairs to see the Hutt or his representative.

Before she had even hit the top of the step with the bottom of her foot one of the henchmen waited. He handed her the chip, and the credit chit. "Pleasure Ms. D'ulin." He smiled a toothless grin and then looked over, "Mr. Detta" and then with a silent air of acknowledging they had been in his presence, Satine shrugged, she had seen worse.

Turning, "Drinks I gues, are..on me" She pointed up the way making sure she took her weapons. This was still Tatooine, and anyone could decide to get frisky.

[member="Nolan Detta"]

Nolan walked with Satine, weapons holstered/slung. He followed her to a local cantina and pushed a few Rodians out of their booth in the back corner of the bar. He didn't have to touch them, the dragons head did enough to make them move.

As he stood aside for Satine to take her seat first, after all, even Mandos had manners. He asked her a quick question.

"So where is it you hail from, you appear much to proper for a job like this?"

[member="Satine D'ulin"]

[member="Nolan Detta"]

"I'm an Emberlene, and this is what we do. Much like mandalorians supporting our clans. " Satine Sat down looking at the Dragon. Nice trophy she thought. "Thanks for having lovely manners. And for asking. " She smiled again.

"Which mandalorian world do you come from?" Maybe he knew her father. Maybe he could tell her about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom