Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking Ones Cares Away

Picking the shot glass Adelaide downed it in one gulp. Setting the glass she motioned for the bartender to bring her another. One even two shots would get her nowhere drunk and she wanted to get drunk tonight. She knew it wasn't the best way to deal with how she was feeling but the young woman had never been one to talk about her feelings. Adelaide was a warrior not some girl whom liked to prance around in big puffy pink dresses though he used to call her his "warrior princess". That was in the past and ought not dwell on the past. It was hard though sometimes like today specifically was it would have been two years.

He would want her to move forward and be happy but Adelaide seemed to be stuck in the past. She hadn't forgotten what happened nor had she forgiven herself. If only she had been there he wouldn't be dead but be here with her celebrating. It was her fault he was dead and in her mind she didn't deserve to be happy or to move on. That was her punishment for not being there as she had promised. She had promised to always be there and she had failed.

Finishing the second drink she paused for a second before grasping the third to glance around the cantina she was at. It was rather empty and sad at the moment. It was early though and Adelaide was sure business would pick up or at least she hoped that it would after all she didn't want to drink alone. It would nice to have company.

Antares Windu found himself in a cantina. He started to find himself in these cantina's more often now that he had found himself wanting to join the GIA. It didn't bother him, in his opinion it was just him doing more work for the Republic now that the Sith Empire had scattered and only remnants remained. Being apart, and working with the GIA would let him to end the Empire even faster.

He took a seat beside, @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"] and when he ordered his ice water he glanced to the side to look at her. From what he could tell from the Force she was disturbed. About what, he couldn't tell. Not that he was trying, though he was garbed in his black Jedi robes, he had put some differences into it so that it would only look like traditional robes belonging to a Jedi if you looked closely.

"Are you alright, miss?"

Twirling her cup on the table she turned to give the concerned @[member="Antares Windu"] next to her a weak smile. Adelaide didn't look like the typical Mandalorian as she wasn't wearing her armor but instead a plain brown dress. She hadn't wore her armor in over a year nor had she seen her family. It wasn't that she had forsaken her roots it was just that she needed a break or at least that was what she was telling herself. The young woman wasn't exactly sure what it was she needed just that what she was doing now wasn't exactly working for her. She was clueless though as to what ought to be done.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. This helps though," she grinned picking up her drink before taking a sip. Adelaide didn't want him to think she was a drunk so it was best probably to down it. "Your drinking just ice water?"

There were the slightest hints of a smile upon his face when he nodded his head. "Indeed, simply ice water." He gave her a sidelong glance and there was a caring look in his eyes, though along with that look was also a hardness, and the smile on his face tied it all in together. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

He was genuinely curious. What was wrong with the woman? Was it actually something that he could help? Antares hoped there was, he didn't seek people who needed his help, for they were everywhere. But when he did find someone who needed help, or who were in a position such as the woman was, he couldn't help himself but to try and help them. "Anything, really." A reassuring smile was upon his face.

@[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"]

"I..I..I don't know. I'm a little lost." She sighed and shook her head downing the rest of her drink. Adelaide hated getting people involved in her affairs or even admitting that she needed help. The young woman was supposed to be a strong warrior not a broken mess as she was now. She wasn't sure where she had gone wrong and why she was nothing but a huge mess. "My life is a mess. I'm not sure you can fix it. You can drink to me though." She grinned as she motioned for the bartender to give her a bottle of something this time.

If her family saw her like this they would be very disappointed in her. This wasn't what they wanted for her but she couldn't be like her brothers, not anymore. It wasn't really her anymore but what her Adelaide wasn't sure right now. She still could kick their butts that was for certain. Even now she still kept her skills up to par those she didn't want to lose.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

Antares's head was bobbing up and down when she said she was lost. It made sense if you were distressed. But he still listened to her words. And then she said she wasn't sure if he could help. More of a doubt, anyone could do anything. If it was within reason of course, this was within reason.

"If it is a mess, I can help you sort it out." He had offered to help, but this was ground he was unsure of. But he wasn't going to say forget about it now that he had already asked. "Just tell me of your troubles, and we will see what we can do." He said sagely. His knowledge in situations such as these went as far as it required both parties to be willing to listen, and to speak. That was it. The rest of this would be...improvisation. @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"]

Nodding she sighed taking a sip of her new drink as a sort of liquid courage before beginning with a bit of her story. She had tried everything but pouring her heart out to others and getting emotional. The only thing she did was bottle everything up inside and get angry at herself. It hasn't worked thus far so maybe this.

"I have lost my way, I used to be this great warrior but now all of that has fallen to the wayside since the loss of someone important to me. Everything has kind of stopped."

She felt bad throwing all her problems on a stranger she just met. He hadn't really asked for this, he was just being nice. "I'm Adelaide, it's a pleasure to meet you." He should probably know her name if she was going to tell him her problems.

Matreya

A dark taint spread from the doorway, long before it moved with the new arrival. Clad in his armor, without his helmet in place, it could be inferred that the man was having a bad day. His nose bled, his hair was wind blown, and his lip was severely swollen in multiple places. But what did one expect battling a Rancor unprepared?

Waving a silent hand, a draft of wind swooped a bottle of Whiskey from a nearby shelf to his awaiting hand. Throwing over his shoulder the required credits, he kept himself from harming the overly anxious bartender. The patrons of the bar would be in for sight, should they slip up once.

Drawing a deep pull from the neck of the glass, he whiped his jawline after and reclined backwards, leveling himself on the rear two of the four legs on his seat, with his feet on the table before him.

His ice water found it's way to his lips and he drank from it silently. The reassuring smile remained upon his smile while she spoke. "A great warrior?" He said with a bemused look upon his face while he looked the woman over. Quite a few times too, though the look in his eyes showed he was joking if anything. "My name is Antares Windu." He said as if his name was worth nothing and she should disregard.

"Your important friend wouldn't want you to be doing this, sitting here and drinking?" He said and he indicated whatever she was drinking. "Would they?" When he asked, it was with a knowing look. He doubted her answer would be positive and so his eyes flickered over the cantina before his dark brown gaze found the woman's eyes again. "Focus on happy things, stay with your friends. They will understand of course."

Matreya

Concentrating for but a moment, the molecules that constituted the makeup of Antares' drink, he forced them into an energetic spree. The result? Slowly heating the drink from within. Since his recent drop from the Mandalorian ranks, Damien had realized that Jedi could never be trusted. No matter the case.

He would make the man leave.

With the Council starting to get back to a more balanced track, Josh wasn't as much of a drinker as he used to be. A drink now and then, but he still would visit establishments at times... It seemed most times he did, he met interesting people. That, or he ran into someone in trouble... Or someone asking for trouble. Either way, he was never at a loss for something to do here.

Regardless, he took a seat and ordered a drink. Just some wine. As he was slid it, he took a gulp. Ah, that was good. His gaze wandered freely around the bar, ensuring that there would be no trouble...

Of course, who would figure him for a Jedi Master? Black leather jacket, dark blue t-shirt, a pair of black pants with a red line down the sides... Black boots, steel toed, made of Magnus Metal. You wouldn't think him a Jedi at a glance, but a second might show that calm demeanor that the best of the Jedi tended to show.... As if you knew he had the world on his shoulders yet he refused to show the signs.

"No, he would be very upset at me for behaving this way. He would expect more from me, he wouldn't want me to act like this. I know he would wish for me to move on and forward with my life. It's just hard you know and I'm not even exactly sure where to begin." Sighing she took a sip from the bottle. He was nice listening to her sad tale of woe. She didn't expect anybody would after all everyone had their own issues. They didn't have time to deal with other peoples.

"My friends do understand but I don't want to bother them with these issues if that makes sense. I don't know, I'm being silly aren't I? My name is Adelaide Baldesarra. It's nice to meet you and your right let's focus on happier things. What brings you here today?"

Antares wasn't drinking from his water anymore, so when @[member="Lord Daemos"] tried to use the Force to heat up his drink, it failed because it wasn't even in his hand anymore. Shameful, really. Antares paid no mind to his water and he just listened to @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"]'s story.

"You are not being silly, you are acting as you should I suppose." He shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't know what to do either, I don't think." He made a show of scratching his forehead as if in confusion.

He smiled warmly at her, "what brings me here today is a nice cold drink." He lifted his hand to indicate the probably not so cold water anymore, though he didn't look at it. No reason to, he knew where it was. "What did you used to do to make yourself happy, I could help you if you wished?" The smile was ever present on his face though he made no other suggestions. He was being genuinely serious, people who were hurting needed help. That's why he existed.

"Well, @[member="Antares Windu"] I am a warrior. I liked wrestling and fighting with my brothers but all for fun of course. I'm a Mandalorian just haven't worn my armor in a bit. Besides you know fighting and that I do like just laying in the sand and watching the stars. It's very peaceful. Anyway, I would be grateful for any help you can give."

She couldn't believe her luck to find someone whom was more than willing to help her in a cantina of all places. Adelaide figured they would just chat a bit but he seemed to genuinely wish to help her which was a nice change to see from what she had this past year. Everyone was always out for themselves and nobody wished to help someone in need out. The young woman found that people only helped when it was convenient for them which made her a little leery of him but she wanted to believe he wished to help. In the end she hoped that she could do something for him in return.

"Is there anything I can do for you in return for your help? There must be something."

"There isn't." He smiled at her offer. He felt as if he was acting older than he actually was, but might as well continue. A mandalorian as a friend? The odds were in his favour it seemed. "I am a Jedi, Adelaide. I live to help people." The smile remained on his face and he got out of the chair and extended his hand out to @[member="Adelaide Baldesarra"], "shall we go off now?" He inquired, they might as well go at that moment, the sooner she was feeling happy the better he supposed.

She heard of Force Users. They were any interesting bunch if she did say so herself. Adelaide didn't think one way or the other about them. Jedi seemed to be nice or well some of them seemed to be nice like him. "Where are we going? Where are you going to take me?" The young woman asked as she took him hand and got up from her seat.

"To do what makes you happy of course." When she took his hand, he helped her off of her seat and slipped his arm around her waist gently. "I am certain we can find a place to lay in the sand and look up at the stars." He said with a warm smile.

It wasn't some that he did often. Or, at all. But there was a first time for everything. Looking at the stars? An interesting hobby he had to say. He never had time to do things like that, between being a Jedi Knight and having a Padawan and all.

A smile played on her lips as she followed him out of the cantina. The last time she looked up at the stars with someone was so long ago she almost forgot what they looked like. It would be nice to go somewhere and just lay there looking up at the stars and forget about everything else. She may also get the chance to actually learn more about him. She would really like to learn more about her new found friend. There was nothing wrong with having a Jedi as a friend. He was outside her culture but there was nothing wrong with that. Different was sometimes good.

"I would love that and perhaps you can tell me about yourself as well as we gaze at the stars. I know the sands of Mandalore but others aren't that familiar. Do you know somewhere close?"

A smirk crossed his face as he looked over at @[member="Antares Windu"]. Ah, someone he recognized. Entertaining a lady friend, it seemed.

He gave his fellow Jedi a nod. He wouldn't bother him unless asked. He wouldn't want to disrupt his time entertaining his lady after all...

A chuckle escaped his lips as he looked back at the bar, taking a sip of his drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom