Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drink to Your Health

332rpl2.jpg
Valae padded across the floor of the meditation room. Well, it was usually a mediation room – but today it was a tea room. The Silver Circle members had gathered to participate in an ancient ceremony that revolved around the drinking of a healthful brew. The ceremony usually focused on a single brew, but Valae had attempted to spice things up a bit. She had gathered a number of tea varieties: lively green, delicate white, spicy chai, and a robust red. Along with the loose leaf teas, she had displayed small pots of healthy dried herbs and aromatics. Once the ceremony was underway, and the healers had a chance to witness the process, they would each have a chance to craft their own unique brew.

There were lovely cast iron teapots and matching cups on display, delicious sweets had been set out, and the kettle was on the heat. Everything was nearly ready. With her hands clasped before her, Valae stood to wait by the entrance. It was true; the Silver Circle was a rather small group, at the moment comprised of only five healers. However, Valae was confident that more would come. But to be truthful, she didn’t mind their small number. It was a close-knit group; they were friends as well as colleagues. The connection to her peers was important, and it helped them do their job that much better.

But today, Valae had opened the invitation to others interested in joining. She figured that this would be a good chance for some of the other healers on the campus to see what they were about. Waiting with a smile, she spotted Celeste and Lila walking across the grounds. Then, Vash was soon to follow.

They needed only to wait for Quinn now, and any newcomers that wished to join them.

[member="Charity Luckless"]

Charity wreathed the pond at the edge of the gardens, its small pool of crystalline water lolling over the very edge of its confines and dipping down into a stream with a playful gurgle, whereon it would flow serenely into the lake that the campus was situated upon. Master Yune had referred the quiet Jedi to one Master Kitra, the organizer of a group of the Order known as the Silver Circle. Her passive and tender personality seemed appropriate for this fraternity, and her focus on the healing aspects of the Force throughout her late Padawan years and early Knighthood would be a fair contribution. That was not to say that she did not have much more to learn. But she would fit in well enough.

As she approached the meeting place with her flowing gait, her steps became shorter and her hesitance would be noticeable to any observers. Social behavior was not something she excelled at, and being atypically tall also contributed to her unease. It was hard accumulating so much attention simply because her pituitary and thyroid glands had been a bit more active than those of others. It was hardly a burden, of course, but she was already reticent of extracurricular interaction. It was difficult communicating with people.

But she pushed ahead as a true Jedi should. When she arrived at the meditation room, Charity found that it exuded a soothing atmosphere that was tepid enough to put her thoughts at ease. She was among fellow Jedi--healers, no less--and the four so far present appeared welcoming enough. The woman at the door held herself straight and with a formal posture, and the violet-haired Knight halted before her and offered a respectful bow along with a simple greeting. "Master."

[member="Valae Kitra"]

As a new face approached, all eyes in the meditation room seemed to turn at once. However, each healer looked on with friendly and inviting expressions. Valae stepped into the room and motioned for the young woman with vibrant hair to enter. There were cushions on the floor, and she gestured to one of the empty ones. With a quick glance past the new arrival, she could see that Quinn was making his way across campus. He would be there soon enough, so she made her way to a seat of her own. After tucking her legs beneath her, she looked over towards the new girl.

“Welcome to the group,” She said with a smile, “We’ll get started with the ceremony shortly. In the meantime, why don’t I make introductions?”

Valae nodded towards the Mirialan woman across the room, the one clad in somber tones and a hood that covered most of her face. “That there is Lila,” Next she gestured to the brunette woman sitting cross-legged and a sturdy young man, “Celeste, and Vash next to her--” Just then, a Cerean man with white hair entered. “Lastly, there’s Quinn.” Valae finished with a grin.

Her brows lofted slightly, and a soft blush found her cheeks.

“Oh! I almost forgot… I’m Valae.” She added sheepishly, ruffling her wavy hair.

She folded her hands in her lap, and turned her attention to Charity.

“So, who might you be? Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?”

Her topaz irises shifted nervously as they analyzed the environment of the room. As her eye lit upon each student, it was apparent that they would be accepting enough to accommodate her company. Charity nodded to the collective group before gingerly following Master Kitra to the area set for tea. She supposed it was always good to start with tea.

Sheepishly, Charity found a sufficient empty space on the floor and lowered her body, legs crossing beneath her robe until her rear found the ground and her feet locked snugly underneath her legs. Her hands initially leveraged against her hips, then slid to cup the caps of her knees. The antsy feeling about her wouldn't let her settle easily, however, and she shifted the position of her hands once more, folding them together and dropping them in between the gap between her legs.

She felt embarrassed somehow and dropped her gaze, though she returned her eyes to Master Kitra momentarily to answer her inquiry. "I'm... Charity..." she mumbled, then picked up her voice to remedy that lack of clarity. "Charity."

Her speech remained timid, but at least it was audible now. What exactly does one tell about themselves on first meeting? "I was a Padawan under the Republic Jedi Order, before my master sent me here for refuge during the war." The violet-haired Jedi briefly looked around at the friendly faces. Did they think of her differently for being trained under a different Order? Or that she was weak because she had been withdrawn to this haven instead of fighting bravely for the Republic? Her spirit knew better, but her mind attempted to confound her, and she was forced to steal a deep breath before she felt able to continue. "Now that I am a Knight, Master Yune said that I would be a good fit for Master Kitra's group."

Well, she got that part over with.

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Once Charity had introduced herself, there were smiles and kind words that followed.

“It’s nice to meet you, Charity.” Valae added to the pleasantries being offered.

She listened as the young woman with colorful hair continued to speak. Valae’s brows rose slightly, curious and interested in what Charity had to say. It seemed that there were flutters of nerves, but that was to be expected when conversing with an unfamiliar crowd. After all, she herself had a tendency to grow anxious and uncomfortable when she found that she was suddenly put on the spot. Her smile grew when she learned that Arisa had suggested that Charity come to join the Silver Circle.

“Well, we’re all very happy that you came to join us today.” She said, “I’ll go ahead and get started, but feel free to speak up or ask any questions you might have.”

Valae rose from her cushion on the floor and moved to the front of the room. There was gentle steam rising into the air now, the kettle had just come to a rolling boil. After turning down the heat, she lifted a small muslin tea bag. She plucked a few pinches of various herbs and dried tea leaves up, and set them gently inside the cloth.

“While tea is often consumed for many health benefits. It may not be able to heal you, but there is something healing about it. And there is something very comforting about a warm cup of tea, wouldn’t you say? I think that’s something special.” She paused, and dropped the tea bag into an empty cup. “Many of these herbs have properties that calm and mind and help to bring us clarity.”

She motioned for the others to gather around.

“Go ahead and select your own blend of herbs,” While the others began to shuffle about, Valae turned to Charity. “So, you’ve probably heard – we’re a healer group. Is force healing one of your specialties?”

Charity nodded as Master Kitra affirmed that she was indeed welcome here, and observed the ensuing process with the steaming tea. Her words to the class were soothing; enrapturing almost, even if trivial in their meaning. The tall Jedi supposed, however, that she hadn't really thought of tea in such a manner. The way in which Master Kitra spoke of it moved her to decide that she might want to add it to her daily routine. Perhaps tea could be healing in that sense. It made sense enough.

Following her senior's lead, Charity nervously arranged a small collection of herbal bits and wrapped them in a cloth of her own, then stepped to the side with her cup. She acknowledged Master Kitra, awkwardly slouching her neck to try to even out the height difference somewhat. Size did not equate with superiority, but Charity often worried that others saw it differently.

"My original master said I had a gift for sensing the pain of others and that I must learn to heal those in need," she replied, lowering her eyes shyly to gaze at the floor. Truly, she was not entirely skilled at the art of healing yet, her training having been interrupted before her master could fully introduce her to that aspect of the Force. "So, aside from Soresu, I suppose you could say healing is my only specialty, Master. Or, at least, I would like it to be my specialty..."

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Valae nodded as Charity spoke, listening to the young woman’s voice as it carried over the din of the room. There were the low voices of the others in the background, water being poured, and the gentle clinking of cups. It was quite peaceful, almost meditative. It seemed that Knight Luckless had come to the right place, the Grandmaster was wise to steer her here.

“Seems like you’re in good company here,” Valae grinned, and sniffed the herbal steam that was rising from her tea cup. “Most of us have a focus on healing and force protection skills – Vash is the only one that has more than one specialty, he’s a fighter and a healer.” She motioned towards him. “As for me, I’m pretty hopeless when it comes to fighting, so healing is a great outlet, and it’s right useful.”

While Charity did not seem overly tense or ridged, Valae sensed that she wasn’t quite at ease. She hoped that maybe the tea would help. The others began to settle in themselves, their conversations had grown quiet, and everyone seemed to be entering a state of reflection. She lowered herself down onto a cushion once more, crossed her legs, and took a deep breath. Slowly, she brought the tea cup up and took a tiny sip. The herbal mix was spot on – just the right brew of peppermint leaves, chamomile, and revitalizing white tea. The warmth seemed to spread through her body, bringing with it a state of calm and relaxation.

Valae nodded towards the cup in Charity’s hand.

“Is it good?” She asked, canting her head to the side.

Charity followed suit, taking back to her seat on the floor within this "Silver Circle" next to Master Kitra. It felt wrong for her to take this place, as if she were implying a sort of seniority among these students. But the Jedi instructor had beckoned her to take it after all. Perhaps this was just to make her feel more comfortable. Maybe it did.

The violet-haired woman took a brief sip of her hot liquid. The tea nearly burned the roof of her mouth, but it wasn't bad enough to alleviate the taste. She supposed it could have been better, but this was her first time actually fixing her own concoction. "It's fine, yes." She obviously had much to learn in the art of tea making, and still more to learn in the practices of healing.

Doing the best she could to smile at Valae, Charity held her cup steadily over her lap and nodded. "Thank you for allowing me to join you."

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom