Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drama Queen? What do you all think of Jolie...

Alrighty talk about calling the kettle black here however the newest headlining of Angelina Jolie makes me think she is just trying to get a rise, and maybe live on drama or attention being given to her.

What do you all think? could she be for real, or is this just some publicity stunt to feed her already inflated ego?

and yea, I know..cold hearted of me to state, yet I am known as a complete sociopath on swtor and so many other mmo's... so once again, Not unusual.

Two years after she underwent a double mastectomy to cut her cancer risk, actress and U.N. envoy Angelina Jolie has had surgery to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes for the same reason, she wrote in The New York Times on Tuesday.

Jolie, 39, carries a mutation of the BRCA1 gene, which sharply increases her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Her mother was diagnosed with the latter at age 49 and died seven years later.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/us/angeline-jolie-ovaries-removed/index.html

Yeah, I think you're being a bit ridiculous to think she's living on the attention/drama of proactively fighting cancer.

Yea.. she seems to think she is able to so far catch different kinds of cancer quickly..

This is a 2 count now, first it was breast cancer now it seems to be ovary or some crap. Heh.

alrighty well thanks for posting, tef. :)

Mallory Pryde said:
Yea.. she seems to think she is able to so far catch different kinds of cancer quickly..
I come from a long line of cancer survivors. Grandpa, two aunts, an uncle, both parents, and probably a few others that are just to distant of a relative for me to know about. We're a generally strong stock of people, but we're prone to diseases. Cancer is one of them.

You'd be surprised by how much cancer can do to a person before killing them. How quickly it can spread. And how it can strike twice, thrice, or worse in different areas at different times... or at the same time.

If I was at (a higher) risk of cancer (than I already am) and there were things I could do to reduce my chances... Well... it would be 'bye-bye-boobies' before you could recite the alphabet. Or 'bye-bye *insert thing here*'.

Bunker-level Normal
If anything, the media coverage of her private medical operation is just silly. Let's worry less about what Angelina Jolie is or is not doing for her own medical care, and worry more about our own health.

Verie Lacroix

V
Drapeam Nyx said:
I come from a long line of cancer survivors. Grandpa, two aunts, an uncle, both parents, and probably a few others that are just to distant of a relative for me to know about. We're a generally strong stock of people, but we're prone to diseases. Cancer is one of them.

You'd be surprised by how much cancer can do to a person before killing them. How quickly it can spread. And how it can strike twice, thrice, or worse in different areas at different times... or at the same time.

If I was at (a higher) risk of cancer (than I already am) and there were things I could do to reduce my chances... Well... it would be 'bye-bye-boobies' before you could recite the alphabet. Or 'bye-bye *insert thing here*'.
What this guy said. Also OP is a tool. The end.

Verie Lacroix said:
What this guy* said.
*gal
giphy.gif
Pretty much.

At the end of the day, nobody truly knows the full extent of what someone else is going through. Forget Jolie for a second, anyone you might deem a "Drama Queen" may simply be someone going through so much in their own life that they have to find ways to combat it, even if it comes across negatively to the rest of the world.

We have no right to judge anyone; even if we experience what they have, we will never know exactly how it impacted them. No two people are the same.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom