Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Chos Garga

Status
Not open for further replies.
7mcIDcw.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To flesh out a new nomadic NPC enemy species for the board.
  • Image Credit: X
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Weken
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Chos Garga [Chos for short]
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Weken
  • Average Lifespan: 150 Years [Oldest Known Member lived for 300 years]
  • Estimated Population: Inter-Planetary [15 Billion Across Numerous Systems in Wild Space - Actively Rising]
  • Description: Boasting a striped equine's body, humanoid torso, and a semi-featureless head that resembles a masked helmet, the Chos Garga are a unique creature even by general Galactic standards. On their six legs, they typically stand over nine to ten feet tall [thirteen to fourteen feet on their hind legs]. They have two long fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand - of which they have five - each tipped with sharp claws. The most distinguishing trait beyond the preliminary examination of their wholly unique look, however, is the Chos Garga's environmentally resistant skin that allows them to work in otherwise hazardous locations.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: All Types except Type-IV
  • Average Height of Adults: 3.0 Meters to 4.0 Meters
  • Average Length of Adults: 2.0 Meters to 3.0 Meters
  • Skin Color: Various Blues, Greens, and Grey
  • Hair Color: N/A
  • Distinctions:
    • Legs and Arms: Possessing six legs and five arms - two on their underbelly, two on their shoulders, and one from their abdomen- the Chos Garga are inherently alien compared to the rest of the Galaxy's denizens, and their evolutionary path has baffled even the most astute of biologists. Almost nothing on their world or in what history is known about them can explain why they look the way they do or how their multiple appendages allow them to function as if they were a standard bipedal mammal. It is presumed by some that the Chos Garga are not, in fact, natural creations and are either mutants left to run rampant or creations of a mad man long dead.
    • Head: The head of the Chos Garga is as unique as it is disturbing, being crowned like a helm with a large hardened crest, and bearing a seemingly metallic plate over where their nose and mouth would be. Attempts to remove this plate by scientists has, however, revealed that it is entirely organic and is connected directly to the specie's digestive system.
    • Eyes: The eyes of the Chos Garga are pitch black, yet are able to perceive multiple spectrums without the aid of a mechanical device such as a mask.
    • Ears: The ears of the Chos Garga are pointed like a Sephi's and highly attuned, able to hear nearly silent noises with great clarity.
    • Skin Texture: Many a traveler and scientist have described the skin texture of the Chos Garga as something akin to rough leather under flowing water.
    • Environmental Resistance: As a result of their tumultuous evolution on a hostile world, the Chos Garga are incredibly resistant to environmental damages such as radiation and extreme heat.
    • Great Physicality: The Chos Garga's great size and universally strong features make them easily identifiable - and no less intimidating - from large distances.
    • Reproduction Rate: The Chos Garga possess an incredible rate of reproduction, producing nearly five million children a year, each capable of fighting for their lives only a few days after birth.
  • Races:
    • The Hig: The purest bloodlines of the Chos Garga painstakingly maintained over centuries, the Hig are genetically perfect in almost every sense of the word. The strongest and most intelligent of the Chos come from these bloodlines and possess the greatest equipment, from power swords to blaster cannons. The Hig are also in possession of a unique Force ability dubbed "Spectral Projection." This ability - a variation of Precognition - serves as a guide in battle, giving the Hig an advantage their kin can never hope to possess.
    • The Gaar: The standard Chos, the Gaar fill the necessary roles to keep their people's reach alive. They are warriors and thinkers capable of great achievements, but never on the level of their Hig masters.
    • The Jin: The lowest of the Chos Garga, the Jin fill the most basic roles in their people's reach. Chefs, janitors, and standard-bearers, the Jin are of below-average physical and mental capabilities on the Chos scale.
  • Force Sensitivity: Rare
STRENGTHS
  • Strength: Granted by their immense stature and endurance, the average Chos is incredibly strong, capable of lifting objects twice their size with relative ease. This aids them greatly in battle as they are proficient with brutal melee and have conquered many moons and many worlds through this prowess alone. The strength of the Hig is even greater and they have been known to clash with Wookies on equal ground.
  • Environmental Resistance: The dangerous atmosphere and environment of their homeworld have allowed the Chos Garga's hide to grow resilient to all forms of environmental hazards short of the most damaging. This allows them to fight on worlds without the necessary protection that other races require, an advantage they have yet to squander.
  • Captivating Presence: Despite being predominately warriors and earning much of their reach through warfare and their frightening appearance, the Chos Garga have earned their fair share of followers and servants through their magnetic radiance which has been compared to that of religious leaders. This has aided them in expanding their borders through subterfuge and explicit treacheries.
WEAKNESSES
  • Populous People: The population of the Chos Garga is rising at such an incredible speed, they find often find themselves with more people than housing space, even as their homes are built with rapidity. This creates an issue that results in many infants and young Chos dying of starvation and other undocumented causes.
  • Egotistical People: Because of their physical superiority compared to many races, the Chos Garga's have developed a great ego, not too dissimilar to that of the Sith. This ego often results in the Chos getting themselves into dire situations when fighting with factions and defending armies beyond their natural capabilities.
  • Aggression: It is all too common to see the Chos Garga enter a battle rage or engage in combat all too quickly, which ties into their near-universal egotism. Naturally, this can result and has resulted in great levels of casualties in combat.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Due to the harshness of their homeworld, the Chos Garga have become incredibly carnivorous and will devour anything and everything they can grasp. Various sightings of their feeding processes show them holding chunks of flesh to the metallic carapace on their face and seemingly sucking it through barely-visible "grating" - essentially liquifying the meat. This diet also extends to cannibalism, as the Chos Garga will readily devour the old and weak without mercy.
  • Communication: The centauroids are capable of impeccable conversation and are fluent in many Galactic languages as if they were their native languages.
  • Technology Level: The technology of the Chos Garga is comparatively standard to the rest of the Galaxy, but boasts their own unique spins to compensate for their anatomy and size. For example, their vibroswords are often large enough to be gripped by their three upper arms and their blasters are usually light and medium-sized so as to allow the Chos to carry more than two. However, this is not the case for all of their ranged weaponry. Their blaster cannons, for example, are designed similarly to their vibroblades, and feature three grips - two top and one bottom - for their three upper arms to allow greater control and aiming capabilities.
  • Religion/Beliefs: The Chos Garga are entirely antireligious and believe that such beliefs are inherently weak and that those who follow them are fools looking for excuses for their weakness. As such, the Chos Garga seek to eliminate all religion from the Galaxy in their campaign for domination. How this explains the Hig's almost obsessive usage of the Force and their unique abilities is unknown, but it could be an indication of either ignorant hypocrisy or blatant manipulation of the Chos Garga masses by the leaders.
  • General Behavior:
    • Disposition: The Chos Garga are often seen in two moods: pompous or ravenous. There is no in-between and these two moods are often at their most extreme levels, to the benefit of the Chos society and the detriment of others - alongside the diplomatic relations with other species. As such, the Chos are extremely vain when in the former and believe in taking and taking all that they can without giving and do not believe in limits to what they possess. In the latter, they are nearly mindless beasts and act with feral primality rather than the nigh-regality they express in their cities.
    • Views on Death: The Chos Garga are indifferent to death in the sense that they do not mourn the passing of their kin, instead using their corpse for advancement in sciences or simply food.
    • Mates and Family Life: The Chos Garga are a species of harems and believe in excess for most things in life. An individual Chos can have upwards of sixteen spouses - man and woman - and are adverse to sharing with any, often entering blood-feuds over it. Because of this lifestyle of excess, the population of the Chos Garga has advanced rapidly, for better and for worse, giving them a wide dominion of warriors but with a lack of resources to fully support it, hence their increasingly violent approach to conquest.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION:

Born on the poisonous world of Weken some millennia ago and having evolved to resist all but the most dangerous of environments, the Chos Garga are a nomadic and violent race who seek to take the entire Galaxy under their banners. With an armada of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of warships, the Chos Garga launch from Wild Space against all in the Galaxy and will stop at nothing until their species has devoured all foes.

Last edited:
[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Ok. So first, These guys look cool. There are some issues though. The Physical Information section is missing the Race category. Even if there isn't anything, the section still needs to be there. Also, even if the lifespan is unknown it should still have a number for it, even if it's just an estimate. Say, and estimated number of decades or centuries. Also, if I remember correctly, the Helgardi are a species you've already made. If so, or if they are an existing species, would you please add the link.

One last thing, while not required, it would be nice to go into more detail on the various modifications they've done to themselves.

[member="Kalic Daws"] Hello! I added the links and the estimated lifespan (150 years). The modifications I was going to do in a separate tech or lore sub, if that's alright. That would allow me to go really in depth with what I am imagining.

[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't get the alert. Everything looks good, but you do need to go into some detail with the mods. At least some basic examples of what kind of mods there are, and links to any already submitted.

Lorale Farmar said:
Modifications: The modifications of the Dotouki are highly variable and depend on the individual member, but a general average has been gathered. Most modifications seem to range towards synthetic organs and ligaments, such as arms and legs and even torsos and heads. These modifications are believed by the Dotuki to increase their effectiveness in life, which is a belief that has some factual merit. Some of the more extreme will even graft themselves into the systems of their machines and vehicles that have been designed in such a way that they could be constituted bio-mechanical. Others will augment themselves so as to have mounted weaponry on their forearms and shoulders, extra legs to increase speed, and so on. The Dotouki in general hold the extreme belief that flesh is weak and to become one with the machine and their technology is to achieve immortality and greatness in legacy.
[member="Kalic Daws"] Hello! I have added a small explanation under distinctions. I hope this is acceptable. If not, let me know!

Submission moved to pre-codex as per writer request.

Please remember to include a list of changes when you tag a member of codex staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

BobertEZ BobertEZ

Nice job! I really love the art you chose for these guys. My only suggestion would be to link the things you mention of your own creation. Most readers won't know what it means if you say "They are similar to the Helgardi/Helgard" because it isn't Canon. Sometimes, even linking obscure Canon references can be helpful.

For Height of 6’0”-8’0” - Measurements should actually be in metric.

Otherwise, your edits check out. Thanks and tag me when ready!

Submission Name: Dotouk, The Phoenix's Laboratory
Link to Submission: X
Reason for Moving to Pre-Codex: Rework anything and everything to my current main characters after the death of this one.

Submission Name: Helgard, The Wolf's Den
Reason for Moving to Pre-Codex: Rework anything and everything to my current main characters after the death of this one.

Submission Name: Helgardi, The Warrior Poets

Submission Name: Hjallaheim, The Wolf's Cave

Submission Name: Dotouki, The Machinists

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
BobertEZ BobertEZ

Where are you on this sub? Would you like more time to complete it or would you like it to be archived?

If I don't hear anything back within a few days, this submission will be archived for inactivity. If you would like it pulled back out of the archives so that it can be worked on - Please make the request in the Submission-Modification Thread.

Ylla Caeli'runa Done. Compared to the previous version of this submission, everything has been changed entirely. Art, strengths and weaknesses, everything. The history section has been left rather bare due to:
  • the species being free-use for the board and me wanting them to have a history developed over time.
  • me not wanting to have this choke up the pre-codex any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom