Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you continue stories & relationships from other sites?

A lot of members have characters that started at a site that was not Star Wars RP.net. So, upon transferring they usually have to deal with how to adapt their character to the site's timeline.

I know for a fact that not everybody continues their storylines or relationships from other sites because I retconned my characters' history (at least, for the few that transferred).

Some people put events from other sites in some unspecified period of time in the timeline of Star Wars. I don't even do that. Darth Apparatus is the most apparent of these. None of his backstory has been confirmed to occur more than a few decades before 835 ABY, nor will I ever say outright to anyone if he's really some ageless Sith Lord. I will never reference but a few things that have happened in the site I transferred Darth Apparatus from, and those few things are mostly because people are either too insistent of their own character's story from the site or because it's actually something that would be very cool to continue at Star Wars RP.net.

The reason I made Theo was because Ronin Wendgio and Arianna were looking for writers to play the children of of Ronin and Arianna. They asked me and I said yes. Yes I keep Theo’s relationship to his relatives when he was transferred over here. I did however change a few things about him when he was transferred. I opted to make him more of a politician and had him sever himself from the Force.

Siobhan was created on another site and I basically ported her backstory over with some minor modifications to suit the new site history and canon, though her personality is different in some ways. She and @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] were already good friends back then. Varying incarnations of Sio exist in other settings, and they all seem to hate each other.

Moira, by contrast, already existed before but was strongly rewritten as a character, though that had less to do with the different timeline on the site and more to do with me not being entirely satisfied with the original product.

I brought Fabula over specifically with the understanding that this version was not her previous version. However, Razelle Breuner and @[member="Domino"] are the same characters as on other sites, and they still maintain their relationship.

@[member="Fabula Cavataio"] clones FTW :p

For Amari, she is pretty much new that took aspects of characters that I felt wouldn't adjust to a new story line. Then Dharma has always been carried over from board to board just different age, but here I saw a window to do a little American Horror Story'ish with her... new season, new story line and push the crazy even more.

I think it's easier to engage in the opportunity of carrying over stories/relationships depending upon how much history is already involved toward said characters. Less history there is, easier to do a rewrite, my experience and opinion, anyway.

My character's personality, mannerisms, allegiances, values (basically, his entire character) always remains the same.

Specific backstory elements have to be dumped though, when entering a new universe. I've roleplayed Darth Immortus at three different places, and tweaks have had to be made to conform to each new universe. Relationships with other characters have also had to be dropped, either because those characters do not exist in this universe or their creators have changed them also.

I will keep relationships from other universes going though, if that character's creator expresses a desire to do so and we figure out a way to work it in.

Matreya

I don't usually, but sometimes it is fun. When I plan to bring over my character from an old Dragon Ball Z site (no worries, he's human) I keep thinking I could keep roughly half of his history as it is just familial/social based (he went to X and did X, just no real battles or abilities etc.)

Depends on the character. If I'm transferring a character I try and keep their spirit and story as intact as possible, while fitting into this universe. Akio required an almost complete rewrite keeping only his general background concepts, some of my other characters needed none.

@Circe Savan, @[member="Aken Bosch"], @[member="Lamia Quresh"], @[member="Vitor Imperieuse"], and @[member="Myra Subach"] are all ports of characters from the last site I was on. @[member="Amora Illusia"] and @[member="Jentara Vel"] are new.

Circe's personality is mostly the same, though she was never as manipulative as she is now, and never did anything big. She died due to OOC lies getting me to join a thread, where a site admin metagamed grabbing her and killing her.

Bosch is essentially a direct port as well. He died when a Sith Lord magically summoned his personal guard onto the ship's bridge. And they killed him.

Lamia was my main on the last site, and had roughly the same personality, but was far less developed than the original. The original Lamia wanted to be a Jedi, then a racist Grandmaster crushed that hope. Oh, and she died due to someone OOC lying about the purpose of a thread too, as did her clone(who I won't be porting over).

Vitor is... I don't even remember how he was characterized, so I'll say it's different. His story was changed to fit in with a script I was writing. Oh, and he died too. In his second ever thread, to a "perfectly timed" machete strike.

And Myra is somewhat the same, though she used to be promiscuous like Circe. She died when Subach was OOC folded, and the people IC, who were going to make a deal with her, had no use left, so they killed her. Oh, and her unborn son.

Yeah, I think you're seeing a pattern here.

I made some chances to Garith when transferring him over. Staring out I changed his playby back to the avie he started from. Since the beginning of when I wrote Garith I purposely left out his origin. It was only a couple of years ago I had started to write out where the heck he came from and why he hide his past. I cut that off from his story and developed a new one from here. Other then that I took Garith’s history and stretched out here to have slowly developed over a very long period of time. I would like Garith to continue to know the other people he has known or have met on other sits. I’m willing to work with other to make sure that happens.

Garith and Appartatus has had a long history together on a different site. I’m perfectly fine if they still know each other.

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

I've had Chupa on multiple sites, and whenever I add him to a new one, I go back through the old ones and retcon his bio. So for Chaos, he's not anything brought over, just a new addition to a long standing decade of character writing.

For me, it all depends on the story and the potential of said character in the universe I might be bringing them into. My main character from another site, Chiara Xextos, was not transfered over because her story was so evolved and attached to a particular storyline, that I just didn't have the heart to reboot her. Instead I opted for making one of her ancestors in the far-far-future, Ailyne Viren.

Alida Ember is one of the characters I did transfer over. In a story arc that takes way too long to explain, Alida Ember was an alter-ego/alias of Chiara in the same universe, but she had a strong enough story to be supported all on her own and I took that alter-ego persona and developed/minorly altered Alida into her own person apart from Chiara on this board.

So yeah, really depends on the character, their story, and what I see for them. If I don't think they're going to prosper at another site I won't do a transfer, and I move onto the next story.

Before I joined this site I roleplayed on a Final Fantasy site. (less than two months) and while there I had a character named Xander Cion. Who looked nothing like Cloud. He more so looked like a mix of people that I put together and he was a rather "grey" person being somewhat alone like he is now. The reason I left the site was because my character was killed on his 5th thread. (OOC wise they told me that I would be getting an awesome weapon and maybe some armor if I fought one of them) As it turned out the person I fought brought others with him in the thread and all attacked me after I had gone to bed for the night IRL. With a spam of 30 plus posts against my character. I reported all of them, and then left the site when I found my Cousin playing on here.

At first I knew very little about star wars. maybe enough to get by. But I knew so little than what I do now. and so I started a few characters that I randomly made, or did with others, and Decided to make my "Xander" character again, but wanted to look for a story to play off of. so I chose Zayne Carricks spawn that is somewhere down the line (will determine where later). and so far, I rather like the way he is turning out to be.

Sorin has actually gone through a few different reincarnations and appearances, because I tend to make my main character in a very similar manner of mindset. They're all not the same character, but because of the way I like having my main character, they're all inspired by the previous ones. First character was Michael Vereaux, a Fae of the infamous Vereaux Clan on Earth. I kept the clan name after the thing died, because it was too cool not to use xD Since then, I had a back story revolving around Michael and six others who are extremely loyal to him. You'll note with the sigs that they have phrases on them; well, each had their own phrase unique to their character. Since then when on other sites, I've blended different characteristics with different characters to try and make the best one I can think of. I eventually changed the names around, and named him Sorin, bringing him to a few different places but never got anywhere with them because the sites kept on closing down =( I personally hope to bring all seven here in various forms and do different things, so who knows =)

Dumah, on the other hand, started as a stand-alone villain without much of a direction. He had his own mindset too, so he first started out being called Sakimaru, some twisted mega powerful guy that wanted to kill everything. I made him more humanistic, keeping the name, and having him be a Sith that eventually reached the rank of Sith Knight. I don't remember which site that was from though and eventually lost track of it. Since then, I made him have the same appearance as Ulquiorra, turned him into a shadow assassin on one site, and then eventually moving him over to here. I knew I wanted Sorin and Dumah to know each other, become rivals in a sense, so I made them be trained and live together.

When I do introduce everyone else, it'll be over time. As cliche as this sounds, they'll all be force-sensitive.

My character has always had the same basic background. I also add important events from past sites I've been on. However, for this site, I kept only her beginning. I want to see how things play out here.

One of the things I want to do some day is write out her life in a fanfic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom