Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disney Star Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got the chance to open this can of worms but I am definitely up for debating it and seeing what people think... What are your thoughts on Disney's acquisition of Lucas Arts/Lucas Films and their announcement that they will make a new movie every three years?

I understand the feeling. On one hand, I am excited to see new Star Wars content. But I am also nervous that Disney might further tarnish it. The original trilogy (Episodes 4-6 now) are still the absolute best in my opinion. The new trilogy (Episodes 1-3) really killed Star Wars for me. I think George Lucas tried to turn it into an enterprise for children and the Clone Wars cartoon... that's just a whole other ball game that I don't even want to get into. But Disney on the other hand is saying they will put out new cartoons, shows, movies, books... everything. My only wonder is, will it be focused on a childrens audience or an adult audience?

On a non-joking hand...I think Lucas is just trying to drain more money out of the Star Wars series even more then he already has. I mean, it's just getting ridiculous now...

I was hoping that they would expand Star Wars by creating films where the current trilogy leaves off and into the Expanded Universe. I think the Grand Admiral Thrawn and Daala books would make amazing movies if they delved into them but Disney says they are only going to focus on original content which is going to completely derail the history that the Expanded Universe has created.

I'm excited about it. We get new SW movies. From everything I've read they will be new stories. I'm curious on what names the solo children will have...I'm hoping they stay the same but it wouldn't bother to much if it was different.

I'm excited about it. But if the new movies are focused on a child audience... what kind of movies will we be getting? And will they DESTROY what Star Wars is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom