Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion: Princess Leia #3

Spoilers after image.

Princess_Leia_3_cover.png

Alright so it finally happened for me. The comic got a lot better. I enjoyed the art in this one a lot more. Same style but I think for once the pages were set up in such a way that the art got to shine. The conflict was also very interesting. So Princess Leia goes to sullust where an enclave of alderaanians have set up a base. They are super paranoid and actually view Leia as a traitor since she was a senator. Insight gained in this issue is that Leia is actually a princess. It is not just some honorific and title of an office in the way Padme was when she was Queen. So the paranoid people are willing to listen but oh wait one of the people rescued in the last issue is related to an officer in the Empire and sent a message to them! So when the paranoid peeps check Leia's logs they find out that the message was sent. Boom they just think that Leia is a traitor even more because an Imperial cruiser shows up.

Fight happens. Leia comes up big and earns the loyalty to of the enclave. She hopes they will help her find the traitor in her midst. The imperials also intend to watch Leia's actions and proceed from there. Just a great. Not sure the next one will be as good but this one stood out.

As I'm sure you know by now with me bugging you about every single one of these, I'm a big fan of these new comics. I'm going to be honest I didn't see Alderaan and Sullust having a connection at all.

Having grown up in an era before the prequels were made, I always assumed that Leia was an actual Princess with some sort of authority actually, though. My conception was that the Organa name belonged to Alderaan's hereditary royal family, and she was adopted and therefore made a Princess with some authority considering what she says at the beginning of A New Hope to Vader when on her alleged consular ship.

Then again, I also assumed for the longest time that Tantive IV was so named because she was the fourth ship called Tantive, haha. Sort of like how the Enterprise-D is named for Enterprise, Enterprise-A, etc.

By the way, since it didn't have it's own thread, I hope you don't mind if I share the preview here to the next Kanan comic:

http://www.starwars.com/news/kanan-the-last-padawan-2-exclusive-preview

Yeah I've been slacking on the Kanan comic. Didn't buy it till last night (forgot it was coming out wednesday this week. Been anticipating Darth Vader #5 next week too much lol). I'll throw your link in the bit before the spoilers warning because I think that makes a great addition. Thanks for supplying it!

Ya know, I do not think I'd ever really put much thought into Leia's princess title. I think I'd always assumed it was an honorific or by itself powerless title but that was just because I did not think about it much. I find the idea that she is legit royalty fascinating, as I do not believe that previous EU really pushed that (am I wrong? I don't know. It is a hazy part for me).

And yes the Alderaan-Sullust thing I don't think had much to do with an actual connection. I -believe- that the Sullustan said that Alderaanians bought the land. So I assume, if I'm remembering correctly, that the Alderaanians just bought the land they thought they could best hide in.

I took a closer look at my issue today [member="Selena Halcyon"] and yes, it's stated that the Alderaanians simply bought the land that they could best hide in. I was just surprised, since they would rather stick out on Sullust, but I guess it's certainly somewhere that no one was going to go about looking for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom