Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomacy on Naboo

Ava Solborne

A
Nabooish.jpg
Theed, the capital city of Naboo
The Jedi Order was becoming strong again. A thing what even a Sith Lord could see. The galaxy and The Republic has begun to shine again. Now, a great friend of The Republic, Naboo, had to be a part of it again. Since Naboo was formerly an elite member of The Republic, young Jedi padawan Equa Dominator was sent on the planet to talk about future plans. The Queen of Naboo had no possibilities to fly to Coruscant, so someone had to discuss these things in Theed. Since Dominator was free at the moment and he had never seen Naboo before, he was ordered to go to the beautiful planet with a message from The Republic.

Dominator has always thought, how does it feel to rule something... He has never ruled anything, since his home planet was very... non-democratic. It was a honour to visit so important person as the queen of Naboo. But again, Dominator was shy. He thought that maybe he doesn't have enough courage to walk into the palace. Dominator was happy, because he was sent with a droid. And even better, with a protocol droid V-34S. Someone said to Equa, that the droid is special. Still, like Dominator has heard, all protocol droids are polite and are coded to discuss so important things. The man, who gave the padawan V-34S had to change something of the droid, so before going to the planet, Dominator had to wait. If he was given the droid back, they walked to the hangar and the man gave Dominator a Jedi Starfighter.

Now, Dominator flew towards the planet and thought about the meeting. He was so nervous, that he almost flew against a meteorite. After a hour of flying, the droid said, that Equa had to rest, V-34S started to fly himself and padawan went to bed. The flight was so calm, that Dominator relaxed and fell asleep. The droid looked at him for a moment, but then he concentrated on flying again.

A few hours passed and Dominator woke up, when they landed. It was raining in Theed. Dominator became nervous again, but V-34S tried to calm him. He even gave him a pill, what would relax him. They both left the starfighter and started to walk to the palace's door. Dominator remembered, that the droid was special and asked him: "What did the man mean? He said, that you are special." V-34S looked at Dominator and answered: "Well, there is an error in my code, but no one knows, how to fix that. I... I have the ability to think. Not like other droids have. They are coded to react to different situations with different actions, but I can choose, what to do. But that's not enough. I have feelings, emotions. That's why I am special."

Dominator thought a little and asked: "But what did he do with you?" V-34S didn't give him the answer. They both reached the door and the droid opened it. Dominator walked in and so did V-34S. Now they didn't know, what to do.

It caused Daxton grief to have to wear uniform of the Jedi, but he could not be seen as a member of the Sith on this planet. No, the plan called for discretion even though he felt naked without his full armored regalia. He was here to scout the planet as possible target for future action, and from what he has seen it was ripe for the plucking.

No one really thought twice about telling him things, especially when he told them he was a Jedi Master. He wanted to laugh out loud, a hairless wookie could call its self a Jedi Master and they believed. Stupid people.

Still he got what he came for, as he stood outside what was once the summer home of Senator Palpatine. The outside appearance gave no clue on how important this site was to a follower of the Dark Side. Daxton hoped to search the home and perhaps obtain artifacts which would aid in his study.

Looking both ways to make sure he wasn't observed, he used the Force to break the lock and swung open the gates. With a purposeful stride, he walked toward his target.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator walked around. They already walked farther from the door. He had no thoughts, where he should go. Even V-34S didn't know, what to do or where to go. Luckily, a palace guard came and asked: "Who are you?" Dominator didn't want to answer, but he had to. "I am Jedi padawan Equa Dominator." He answered and the guard bowed. He waved his hand, like they had to follow him. So Dominator and V-34S did. "There is another Jedi on the planet." The guard said. Dominator was surprised. He thought, that The Order sent only him, but maybe they ordered a Jedi Master to follow him... just to be sure. Or was it a trial?

They walked around, but Dominator had a feeling, like someone followed or wanted them. It was not like someone good wants them. He sensed, that it was a bad, really bad person, so he took his lightsaber out. "I think we can now handle it ourselves." Dominator said and the guard nodded. He ran away. His steps were heard for long time, but Dominator concentrated on the someone. He turned his lightsaber on and a green laser came out. V-34S was confused. "Master, what are you doing?" He asked, but Equa didn't answer. He thought, that maybe he sensed something wrong. There was no sign of anyone, who followed them. Maybe he was farther?

Daxton paused in midstride as he sensed vibrations through the Force. So it would seem that there is a force user nearby, no matter since he did not use any dark energy merely an extension of simple force push to break the lock. Turning to face the path he had just entered, he waited for the other force user to make his appearance.

Taking a small concealable camera obtainable from any blackmarket dealer, he used the Force to attach it to the door where it would not be seen. Once in place, he sent a message to U1O1 to start recording the transmission for later study at his pleasure.

Ava Solborne

A
"Come, V-34S!" Dominator said and so they moved on. They walked around the palace, while Dominator used his senses. He wasn't close enough to read the someone's thoughts, but he heard vibrations and waves in the air. He walked for some time, sometimes being close and sometimes being far from the someone. It was hard to reach to correct place without help. V-34S didn't do anything to help the padawan, but... it was good. Trying to find the someone with Force would be a great Trial of Spirit.

Dominator and V-34S still walked around the palace, but then they found someone... a Jedi! He stood in front of a door. Dominator wanted to bow, but then remembered. He had to find the someone, so he couldn't spend time talking with a Jedi.

Raising an eyebrow with a faint look of concern on his face, Daxton carefully modulated his voice to sound parental and concerned. "Is this truly the caliber of Jedi we produce today? No sense of politeness or decorum? Who is your Master, that I might have words with him if his students cannot exercise common civility."

Pushing on the offensive, Daxton planned to keep the Jedi off his feet. Perhaps he could gather some information from him, after all it seemed that he was alone aside from the droid at his side.

Ava Solborne

A
"I... I don't have a master yet, but my name is Equa Dominator, master..." Said Dominator and bowed quickly. "I am sorry, but I need to go... somewhere." V-34S looked at Dominator and shook his head. "I am sorry, master, that padawan Dominator is so impatient. He was ordered to come here." Dominator took V-34S' hand and tried to walk away, but he sensed, that the someone was gone. Well, his waves and vibrations were gone.

Dominator looked at the Jedi Master and looked at him sadly. He thought that the master is very mean and tried to not say anything. Then he remembered, that he didn't even shut his lightsaber off. He pressed the button and the laser was gone.

"Padawan Dominator is it? Come closer, no need to be shy." Daxton said as if to reassure his unsuspecting foe. "My name is Master Olix Windza. The pleasure of your acquaintance. See how easy that was? One can hardly have a polite conversation when sabers are lit. Surely you can spare time for a fellow Jedi, can you not?"

"The problem with young padawan these days is that you're always rushing off to do things. Stop and meditate. Clear your mind." Daxton spouted off more Jedi drivel which made him want to vomit but he had to keep a straight face. "Breathe. Now tell me where do you need to go?"

As he spoke, he slowly closed the gap between them all the while projecting a bemused fatherly concern.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator sighed and looked down. He didn't want to talk with him, but he finally answered: "I have to talk with the queen." Then he looked up and breathed calmly. The waves were now totally gone and the padawan even thought that the someone is finally gone. "I thought that I was sent here alone." Dominator said. "Why are you here, master Windza?" V-34S would've killed himself, when he would've sain those things. He was polite, like all protocol droids had to be. And Dominator still didn't know, what the Republic man did with the droid.

"Please forgive padawan Dominator, master Windza. He is not taught to be very polite." V-34S said and kicked padawan Dominator. Since he was very close to him, no one couldn't even say, that he did something, but Dominator exclaimed. "Why did you do that?" He asked from the droid. V-34S shrugged.

"Ah the queen." Daxton said with a knowing smile, "I don't believe I have had the pleasure meeting the reigning monarch of Naboo. It as been a long time since I have been back here. But I have heard stories of her beauty and grace. I am sure you will do the Jedi proud, if we can remember to keep our lightsabers unlit."

"No need to ask forgiveness, my friend droid. Our young padawan here is on urgent business and I would hate to be the cause of the delay." Pausing as he was now only a pace away from the young Jedi. "But a question was asked and it would be impolite not to answer."

"Why am I here? Tell me young padawan, do you not feel the ripples in the Force? Dark times are upon us. What I will tell you, I ask you keep in strictest confidence, understood?"

"Tell me, young padawan, are you not concerned with the present course of action some of the Masters are undertaking? An alliance with the Republic is all well and good, but to meddle in politics and to wage war? That isn't the way of the Force. To strike with aggression is an act of the Dark Side, a way of the Sith. Yet some masters refuse to meditate, refuse to see the errors of their ways."

"Again I urge you to remember I tell you this in confidence, these masters and their students have lost the way. They are on a slippery slope to the Dark Side, and will cause untold terror and misery in their wake. The way of the Sith is not the way of the Jedi, yes? Tell me that I am wrong. Tell me that the current state of affairs is justified. I am not telling you to believe because I said so. Look around you and see for yourself."

"The Dark Side is rising, young padawan, we must be on our guard. Continued vigilance my young padawan, that is the key. Now I was hoping to ask a small favor in return. Since you and I are here and we seem to have a little free time, perhaps you would care for a short sparring session. Its been awhile since I have been able to cross blades and I could use a little workout. If that isn't too much of an interruption to your mission."

Ava Solborne

A
"I have heard, that Sith tries to dominate again. And I feel it. Maybe I sensed something wrong, but I sensed, that someone is after me... or wants to kill me, maybe? The greatest mystery for me was, that when I came here, the feeling was gone." Dominator said. "I think, that everyone, who doesn't study the Force closer, falls to the Dark Side, or like I call it, Traitor Side. I believe in Unifying Force and I don't think that there are Light Side and Dark Side. Just... Force."

Dominator looked at master Windza and thought a little about, what he said. "I would like to practice a little." He took his, well, actually master Whudha's lightsaber out and pushed the button. The green laser came out again.

"For the purpose of this exercise I want you to pretend I am a Sith. Do you understand? I want you to strike as if your life would depend on it." Bowing to the padawan, Daxton summoned his lightsaber to his hand, and it hummed with light blue energy, as he swung the blade forward to strike at the Padawan's head only to feint at the last second and slash across the chest.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator looked confused, but nodded. He took his lightsaber better in his hands and wanted to hit the Jedi, but master Windza already slashed his chest. Maybe master didn't think he would hit Dominator. It was a great pain for him, but he didn't let it change his mind. Dominator then slashed his lightsaber towards Jedi's legs. V-34S was so scared, that he ran away.
____
OOC: Sorry, if I got something wrong.

Leaping over the his foes blade, he stepped back and lowered his guard. "That would not do young padawan. If I were a Sith, as I just pretended to be, you would be gravely injured or dead. When you look at me I want you to think I am a Sith. That I am your mortal enemy. Can you do that?"

Raising his guard, he motioned the padawan to strike at him again. This time Daxton would focus on a series of blocking attacks, allowing the Padawan to strike his blade but not come near his body with the intention of frustrating his young opponent.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator sighed and then looked at the Jedi master. He concentrated and with a little use of the Force, he saw an enemy in the Jedi. V-34S cam back, but quickly ran away again, if he saw, that they are still fighting. Dominator nodded and ran towards master Windza and slashed towards his stomach.

The blades sparked as they collided, Daxton spinning effortlessly to the side, and using a Force Push strike to his opponent's side, sending the force of strong punch into his kidney area. "I sense you are still hesitating, young Padawan. Come on at me faster." Daxton was slowly gaining a measure of his opponents capability, based on his rather conservative actions.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator fell farther when getting hit by the Force push. "I can't do any faster, master Windza!" Dominator said. It was too much for him. The master was really very tough, but the padawan need to train, so he used Force push on Jedi master's lightsaber. He tried his best.

Daxton could feel the pressure on his lightsaber hand, so to amuse himself, he allowed the blow to strike, sending his lightsaber spiraling into the air, only to catch it when it fell back into hand. Deactivating his lightsaber shook his head as he said, "A wise Jedi once told me, there is everything is possible when we put our mind to it. I sense the Force is strong in you, young Padawan. Yet, you surrender too quickly. You chain yourself only to what you think you can achieve. Had I been an enemy, you would be dead in the span of five heartbeats and the order would be poorer one less Padawan. This was hardly even a challenge, and I did not break a sweat. At this time you lack the desire to win, to rise above the situation. This will get you and your friends killed. The Masters must stop meddling in politics and train you properly. I could offer to train you but I am not considered among the most popular masters. In fact, I do believe many of them would prefer to pretend I do not exist. But it is of no matter. Perhaps when you do decide to be serious about training you could seek me out. Yes, I think that would be best. For now young Padawan call your friend droid, I am sure he is worried we haven't seriously hurt one another. You still have a mission to do, remember? It is best not to keep the Queen waiting."

It would be so easy to kill this Padawan, too easy that it took out all the fun. No, better let him go back and think about what Daxton said. Sometimes a hunter needed to let the young ones run free so as to provide a better challenge in the future.

Ava Solborne

A
Dominator bowed and unlit his lightsaber. Then he walked away the hallway and tried to find V-34S. When he was out of the room, he sensed the waves and disturbance in the Force again. Maybe the someone came back? But he had no time to think about that. He had to meet the queen. With V-34S. Without him, he would be completely helpless. He wasn't polite, like the droid said. He was shy. But what happened, when he met the Jedi Master? He wasn't shy at all. Maybe the being shy was just an illusion.

V-34S came and together, they walked around the palace. Again. But this time, they found the throne room. Dominator took his courage and opened the door. V-34S stepped in and looked around. Everyone was sleeping.

Daxton laughed as he watched the Jedi leave. It was sorely tempting to give him a holocron to begin his reeducation but unfortunately he had none on hand. Making a note to remember next time, he recovered the camera. The footage he obtained was just as valuable, as he had video of Jedi fighting. Although he had hoped for a more aggressive attack but no matter it would still serve his purposes when the time was right.

At least he now knew that the Jedi were interested in Naboo, and Daxton had plans to counter that. After all the Queen had very little power and it was so easy to topple a queen. Taking his tools he opened the door, and stepped inside. Hours later, he emerged under the cover of night after ransacking the place for anything of interest. Soon Naboo would be visited by the "Jedi Republican Guards" and all hell would break loose. Now that was something worth looking forward to. Disappearing into the shadows, Daxton made his way back to his ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom