Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Detox [NPC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a1a3a66b-4e0f-4378-997c-8771df42d83a.jpg
Detox.

Name: Detox.
Loyalties: Xenia Nastassia.
Maker: Xenia Nastassia.
Role: Personal droid & sidekick.
Development Threads:

Fallout; Begin Anew. | A thread in which Xenia first discusses the creation of Detox on the planet Devaron with associate Kaiko Amana.
Perhaps Fate. Perhaps Bad Luck. | A thread in which Xenia meets with Neuro-Saav representative Matsu Xiangu to discuss the details of her prototype NN-K and Detox units which leads to their involvement in the Kashyyyk invasion.
Welcome to the Jungle. | The OS invasion of Kashyyyk, where Detox impersonates Xenia's image in order to defeat numerous opponents. A blatant display of prowess.

For more visit Xenia's app.

Species: Droid.
Force-Sensitive: No.

Appearance:
Detox, originally developed from the stock model of an NN-K Infiltration droid, was an expensive and highly effective hologram projection droid designed by Xenia Nastassia and manufactured by NasTech's private sector. Starting as a sleek model with most of its internal modifications leaving no visible trace on the exterior shell, over time the droid began to assume differing appearances as Xenia became more and more thorough with her upgrades and swap outs. Eventually, however, the droid was no longer capable of housing its complex A.I. matrix within the NN-K's already robust systems, and Xenia was forced to create another, second shell for the intensive droid. Following the design concept of the NN-K, Detox's body remained humanoid and only lightly armored so as to give it a slender physique. Dark chrome plating of durasteel, and a transparisteel faceplate which displays a glowing codex interface. Of course, while the facial display does appear critical it houses no major systems and the droid can actually survive for continued combat without its head unit.

Personality:
Built originally as an improved upon NN-K model, Xenia intended the droid to replace her previously modified protocol unit- a droid which met its end by way of bombing. Detox, originally unit number N9000, was a constant work in progress until its most recent transfer from the stock NN-K frame. Limited to edits on the already brilliant A.I. Xenia eventually built a custom body for "Detox" with far more advanced systems. In this update, its most recent and perhaps most permanent update, Detox was given an A.I. which represented the highest budget prototype NastassTech had been involved in thus far. Culminating all of the best brains in her business, and providing the sum of her work thus far, Detox was given programming so complete it resembled that of a sentient. Filtering through various personalities and millions of information types, Detox is able pull in holo feeds and display them using its projection technology. It's programmed not only as an infiltration unit, but fully equipped for battle. As such, it comes with a complete set of battle capabilities. In a sense, it achieved self awareness, or something similar, Xenia always saving his memory to create one constant stream of story to the droid. It's hard to predict, at times completely unexpected and random, and it prefers the name Detox. It's primary programming is male, though it often goes between personas from either gender.

Weapon(s) of Choice:

Hologram Projection Units.
Like the NN-K model, Detox is fully equipped with heavily evolved holo-projection units. Still, its primary function is infiltration and impersonation for its gain. It would rather walk through enemy lines as their peer or leading officer than fight through with blasters. In difference, Detox's projection range is further than the standard NN-K, allowing it to project at a range of about five meters. As easily capable of manipulating its surroundings as it is itself.
Palm Mounted Shock Pads.
A militarized version of what was given to the NN-K models, Detox is equipped with ion powered shock pads on either palm. Each pad is capable of frying finer circuitry as well as causing moderate to extreme pain upon contact. Additionally, when struck in the proper places, these shock pads are capable of rendering a foe unconscious depending on their level of tolerance. These pads are used in tandem with the droid's unarmed combat programming, giving it a deadly edge over ordinary fists and kicks.
Lightsabers.
Acquired by Xenia after the OS invasion of Kashyyyk, Detox was given programming in the proficiency of lightsaber combat. In total, the droid has three lightsabers, one green, blue and red, respectively a Jedi master's, his padawan's, and a Sith's. Through internal simulations and movement re-trace technology, Detox is able to mimic the combat style of those it can observe, provided it's given enough time to develop its own mimicry. Of course, without the force, Detox is unable to fully embody the power of a Jedi or Sith just by mimicking its combat style alone.
Combat Programming.
Programmed in a dozen potent methods of martial arts, Detox is certainly a threatening combatant when you consider its higher-than-human reflexes, durasteel shelling and frame, target finder and elimination directives- the list goes on. It can fight, and it can fight well. A touch from Detox means a powerful electrical jolt capable of incapacitating most, and it's capable of predicting projectile trajectory, scanning, analyzing, and developing out of the box approaches. Complete with Echani's unique arts, teachings from Jar'Kai, and Hapan Honor Dueling.
ELG-3A Pistols.
Standard Nubian styled pistols, four of them, lining the droids legs two on each symmetrically placed. Like its maker, Xenia, it prefers the pistols purely because of their aesthetic appeal. The wookiepedia description here: SoroSuub elongated the barrel of the Q2 to improve the range while maintaining the weight of a hold-out blaster. They also tuned the focusing ring to deliver better stun damage than other blasters of its size. The end result was the ELG-3A. The ELG-3A could also be set to stun, so it did not kill its target.

Wealth: N/A.
Combat Function:
See 'Combat Programming' and 'Lightsabers' above. Detox is programmed with immense knowledge of various fighting forms, including proficiency in unarmed, blaster, and lightsaber techniques, among others. At times employing the lightsaber forms of a Jedi, others displaying an Echani's martial arts with the assistance of its palm mounted shock pads. It's certainly dangerous, but not because of an inherent prowess. Without mistake, in combat alone many of the strongest warriors would prevail, though it's been able to secure victory against these kinds of opponents in tandem with Xenia and through use of creative problem solving.

[ + ] Detox relies on subtlety and wit, speed, precise movement, and well chosen actions. It thrives on its intelligence more so than it's overwhelming powers of strength and durability. In truth, Detox is rather fragile. Similar to the NN-K ancestor, Detox is an infiltration model and isn't designed as much for one on one combat as it is for infiltration and tactical support.

[ - ] Where Detox excels in agility atop other more specialized defenses, it lacks in physical defenses or overwhelming mechanical strength. While it is still metal, the alloys aren't reinforced or made for armors. Under fire, Detox would take damage quickly when hit. Additionally, there are precious bits of technology along the droid's surface which are all subject to destruction when damaged. Fragile components which, while guarded lightly, can be easily broken; things like holo-projection units and its own weapons.

Notable Possessions:

Brain Stirrer [_End_Game]
Because Detox holds a great deal of sensitive information, it's equipped with a self destruct program designed to stop others from learning its secrets. Because the explosive is mostly compartmentalized to its own insides, it isn't a dangerous setting to anyone outside of the droid. Purely a last resort self defense mechanism.
Other Notes: N/A.

[member="Xenia Nastassia"]

Alert me if I ever make you wait more than 24 hours for a response. Sorry about that!

Alright, this is a very well made submission with a lot of effort, thought, and creativity put into it. You've got excellent development too, so that's a plus. However; after reading through the submission I am a little bit worried about two things...
  1. Artificial Intelligence.
  2. Elite combat prowess.
Let's start with artificial intelligence; A.I. is a tricky subject, although you have more than enough development going on and it is based off of an existing factory submission this still proves to be a unique Codex sub. I like it, though! Anyway my point is I need to know how advanced the A.I. is. What can it do? Is the droid entirely self-aware, able to contemplate its existence -- can it conduct tasks outside of its programming?

Secondly, NPC that are made for combat are also a tricky subject. I don't believe you'd put this much effort into Detox if you just wanted a weapon that was independent of your character but I prefer it if you'd list some strengths and weaknesses under combat function.

Hi! And no worries, I'm in no rush. But yeah, good thoughts! As touched on and talked about a bit in the write up I have already, Detox is depicted as Xenia's pet project. She's always trying to add to him or update him in minor ways, so its hard to exact where he blurs the lines of droid and self aware A.I. In truth, I haven't yet written anything in relevance to Detox's supposed self awareness, I merely wanted the option to begin peeking its head- or making subtle suggestions that something like that might be going on. It's a hyper intelligent droid designed to trick you into thinking it's sentient. There's been little to really prove sentience beyond what lengths one might go in proving sentience in an organic character. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears, but yeah, it's tricky to really give an accurate analysis of Detox's development, as it's happened through threads and threads of experience.

As for the weaknesses, I've added them to the combat function as indicated by the [ - ]; there's also a short strengths, both of which are super brief. Lemme know if you were looking for something a bit longer, I'll totally understand :p

Thanks for the kind words too, Detox has been a cool part of Xenia's character development. Thought it was about time I made an official NPC template for it.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

[member="Xenia Nastassia"]

Good edits.

Use this droid wisely, and please don't abuse its intelligence in roleplay and stay true to its strengths and weaknesses. Otherwise excellent work!

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom