Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deep sea fishing...

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Somewhere in space....
Onboard the Defiance

"I'll contact you when we have the package"
The holo-image on his desk powered down. Jace had just finished going over the details of their next job with their new employer. Jobs were starting to line up which was good. It kept his crew paid, and his ship afloat. If this next job worked out, he'd have enough to install some upgrades on the Defiance.

Jace walked over to the wall of his quarters and keyed the shipwide intercomm.

"Rise and shine! We got ourselves a job, meet me in the lounge in 5 for a briefing"

@[member="Khull"] @[member="Veil"] @[member="Marrik Aloxum"]

Veil

Who needs legs when you have brains.
When the Captain sent the message over the ship intercom Veil had been sleeping in her bunk, or rather her little hammock bed she considered a bunk. She groaned a little as she was suddenly woken from such a nice dream before lifting herself up and yawning a little. Her hair was all messy and ruffled from her long night sleep and her glasses were sitting on a small nightstand near where her laptop was. Her chair was waiting for her right below as well, which she easily swung herself into just as when she climbed in. Picking up her glasses she checked the time, seeing it was still early to her, but gave a little groan as to the fact the Captain had given orders. She pulled her hair around a bit, trying to give it a quick clean without really doing so, before finally rolling out and making for the lift to the lounge. Once she was in she wasted no time in rolling over to the kitchen for coffee to wake herself up more. If any of the others were there and they'd said something she'd give a little grumble or something to indicate she still wasn't fully awake.

@[member="Jace Trent"] @[member="Khull"] @[member="Marrik Aloxum"]

Khull woke from his deep slumber, alcohol assisted. His throat was dry and sore from dehydration and excessive snoring. The large cat stumbled to his feet, plucking his clothing from the ground and woddled out of his room. Moments later after a stop in the kitchen, Khull had found himself in the Crew lounge with his firm tooshy resting upon the seat and his feet up on the table. He had a bottle of water in one hand and two pills in the palm of his other. Taking he pills and slamming it back with the water he shivered his lion like mane before taking another sip of water. He then looked over noticing @[member="Veil"] had been watching him the entire time.

"You should not let me drrink alone hot-vheels. Companionship and naked dancing is za only vay to enjoy drrinks" He smiled painfully as it felt as if a basedrum was pounding in his large head.
@[member="Jace Trent"] @Marrik Aloxum

Marrik rolled in his cot as the message came over the internal speakers. He swung his feet over the ledge of his bed, he stood and began his ritual of loosing all the joints and built up synovial fluid in his body. A large amount of cracking could be heard from the door of Marrik's cabin. He moved to the table and put on his clothes, a simple, skin tight shirt, combat pants, boots, combat harness and belt which he then slipped his vibrosword and collapsed energy bow into. After he checked that all of his attire was secure, he threw on his blood red cloak over his shoulders and straightened the hood. He walked to his wash area and splashed some water on his face and head. Running a hand-towel over his head, he felt the cooling air brush his pale grey face as the water droplets started to dry where he'd missed with the towel.

He opened his cabin door and walked towards the meeting area. He snagged a roll from the kitchen and munched on it as he took his seat silently and waited for the briefing to begin. He noticed the rest of the crew was already there and the captain stood at the head of the table waiting for the crew to file in.

@[member="Khull"] @[member="Veil"] @[member="Jace Trent"]

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Once everyone had arrived, Jace began.
"Alright, we got us a job. We're headed to Mon Cal to bag us a Krakana hatchling. So, from where I'm standing, once we get planetside, we need to get submersible suits, a couple of watercrafts, some nets, and a big tank to store the thing. Now i'm not one for fishing myself, but I'm willing to branch out for a decent payday. If any of you have any contacts on Mon Cal, drop 'em a line and see what they can do for us land folk. Questions?"
He scanned the faces of his crew, they looked tired, some more than others as his eyes fell on Khull.

"This'll be good for us, the creds are good, and basically, we are getting paid to go fishing. It's a win win"
@[member="Marrik Aloxum"] @Khull @Veil
(OOC: I sent you guys a group PM, if you have any ideas or things you want to add, just put pot it in their. Happy fishing)

Veil

Who needs legs when you have brains.
Hearing @[member="Khull"] give his little joke, Veil looked and said "One: You're never gone to see me dancing no matter how much I drink. And Two: I don't think I want to see YOU do that ever. Not unless I want a minock eating my eyes after."

After that she sheeled over near @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] on the couch, nodding to him being he was the silent type. She liked him but did often find it unsettling he never spoke as much as she or the others did. A real solitude type of guy she figured. Afterwards she listened to @[member="Jace Trent"] give his explanation of the job. Fishing? An interesting change of pace from getting shot at. When he went over how they'd do it she looked oddly at him while sipping her coffee. When questions came up she was the first to say something.

"I hope you're not expecting me to be swimming out there with you guys, Cap. Not that I don't think I'd look good in a suit, but no way can I kick myself away from any big fish we find down there. I'd be better tracking the big haul instead. From the ship. Where I can breath."

From behind @[member="Veil"], Marrik spoke, We will need propulsion suits if we are to keep up with a Krakana. If we are to be going after a hatchling, then surely you know we are going to have to deal with its mother. I suggest a diversion. You perhaps captain or maybe @[member="Khull"]. As you two are far more likely to draw its attention most effectively.

Marrik sat back into his seat and nodded at Veil's comment, she would not fair well in the slightest in water. She would be bantha fodder. But for someone as 'limited' as her, she never dampened her spirit.

@[member="Jace Trent"]

Khull focus on the wheeled beauty was quickly diverted as @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] volunteered the cathar to be fish bait. Khull did not take kindly to such "And vot tis vrong vith yourrr hide on za hook, Marrrrrik?" He growled in anger towards the shadowy cutthroat. Khull was of the feline persuasion, water was not exactly his friend.

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He cleared his throat to cease the arguing.
"Don't worry @[member="Veil"], you're gonna be driving the water craft for me, I'm gonna distract mama krakana. @[member="Khull"] will be driving the water craft for @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] who will be bagging the hatchling while mama's dancing with me. Now, I need to get my hand on so remote charges, anyone takers?

Khull let off a low growl before he broke focus on @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] and back to @[member="Jace Trent"] " I knoo a man" Khull replied vaguely. Of course he knew someone with such items. He once ran with the black sun and weapons and ships was the corellian cathar's expertise. All Khull had to do was make contact and hope that he was still in the good graces. "I vill take carrre of it"

@[member="Veil"]

The kitty kat didn't seem to like his suggestion, but Marrik paid the purring kitten no mind. He left the room, walking with @[member="Veil"] to wherever she had to go. He felt a strange sense of guardianship towards her. Her brilliance was only challenged by her appearance. He thought to himself, thinking of what it was that made him think of these things, as he had never experienced them before.

I admire your attitude on the matter, keeping a positive outlook is good for moral.

@[member="Khull"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom