Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dedicated Repair Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRD38.jpg

TGASwewillfixit.jpg

DRD_013.jpg

drd+defense+system.JPG

DRDZapper103a.jpg

DRD30.jpg

Image Credit: Farscape

Intent: To create a fun droid for use in starships.

Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Dedicated Repair Droid
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Very
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Ferro-Magnesium Ceramics, Alusteel frame,

Classification: Second Degree Maintenance Droid
Height: 0.333333 meters
Length: 0.2 meters
Width: 0.15 meters
Weight: 2.267kg
Propulsion: Fuel Cell,
Top Speed: 10km/h

Armaments: Modular Small Weapon Housing,

Misc. Equipment:
Binary Visual Receptors, Audio Receptors, Advanced Droid Processor Unit, Arc Welder, Sensor Probe, Manipulation Probe, Multi-fluid Injection Syringe, Micro-Vacuum, Waste storage tank, Vibroblade Razor, Multi-Spectrum Caution Light,

Description:
Designed by Mandal Hypernautics CEO Rygel Larraq himself, the Dedicated Repair Droid, otherwise known as the DRD, is a small, compact droid with great potential. The droid was designed specifically to support and supplement the hundreds and thousands of crew members required for the daily maintenance of a starship. Provided with miniaturized equipment that can allow the droid to do everything from sweep and clean hangers and hallways to assisting in major repairs. DRD's are even able to assist with the defense of the starship and can repel obviously hostile boarders by grouping together and utilizing their limited weaponry. An unintended aspect of the design is an ability to remove the built in shocking weapon of the droid and replace it with nearly anything small enough to graft onto the weapon arm. While small blasters can be worked into these mountings, the DRD model is notoriously inaccurate with ranged weaponry. As such, the droids are only effective in ranged combat when a dozen or more of them can volley their fire towards a single target.

Primarily propelled by multiple tiny wheels, the DRD can be deceptively fast. The droid can also utilize a combination of repulsor, magnetic, and suction technology to cling to nearly any surface. This ability can allow them to move over walls and ceiling or it can help them avoid being sucked into the void of space during a depressurization. These droids are able to communicate with each other to increase the efficiency of their maintenance projects and are also able to maintain and repair all but the most severely damaged of its DRD siblings. While the droid is able to understand, Basic, Mando, and a number of other common languages, the DRD model is only able to communicate in Droidspeak.

For proper maintenance of a starship, hundreds or thousands of DRD's are required, depending on the size of the ship. And while the use of these droids can drastically lower the required crew count of a starship, they are only programmed to repair and maintain the ship and its components, not utilize them. Also, due to the high number of these droids that must be obtained in order to get the proper utility out of them, each one can often go years between memory wipes, which leads to a rampant level of personality among these little droids.

Due to the self-repair functions that a colony of these droids possess, a wide range of variation can be observed between individual units as damaged components are replaced by whatever spare parts the sibling droids can obtain. Spare bits of metal and wiring, electronics and clockwork will all be utilized by these droids to keep themselves and their siblings functions. Unfortunately, this has led to a disturbingly random assortment of weaponry hidden within their tiny frames. At manufacture, each unit is equipped with a simple shocking mechanism that is common to droid units for self defense. However, should this component become damaged there is no telling what sort of weaponry a DRD will end up being equipped with. Everything from holdout blasters to dart launchers have been found jury-rigged onto a DRD unit's weapon mount.

To date, there are no recorded incidences of DRD's murdering the crew of a starship. None. Ever. No records. Stop looking for records.

Buy us!
DRD_02.jpg

Market Value: 450 Credits Each

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Captain Larraq"]
Due to the Tech Factory backup, I have been given 5th Freedom with the Tech Forum temporarily by [member="Kyra Sol"] and will be judging this submission.

Only one thing with this submission. The droid is called a Dedicated Repair Droid and is primarily focused on repair and maintenance. I just can't see a droid like that toting a blaster, light or otherwise. You can swap it for a electrical discharge type device, much like R2-D2's, but otherwise I just can't see them having that type of offensive weaponry.

I adjusted the submission to specify that the droid has an electrical discharge device upon creation at the factory, but a high degree of modularity is common in these droids due to their tendency to repair eachother with spare parts. I clarified that the droid can find itself equipped with a random assortment of weaponry if left unattended for long enough to require repair from its sibling droids. Hopefully that works for you.

[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Go ahead and check over your description a bit more as you left in the light blaster as a standard. Also, a mono-molecular razor would cut through most things on the first cut only, then it'd just be a super sharp knife after that. I'd suggest a small vibro-blade type razor, otherwise these things would be sharpening and resharpening their razors all the time.

Also, if I find out these droids are launching feminine hygiene products or personal devices around, I will find you and I will end you...

@ me when done and you should be good to go.

[member="Popo"]

I think I got all the required edits. Let me know if I missed something.

And I take no personal responsibility for what these droids do with 'spare parts' they find laying around. Rocket propelled Feminine devices included.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It

Captain Larraq said:
And I take no personal responsibility for what these droids do with 'spare parts' they find laying around. Rocket propelled Feminine devices included.
tumblr_msb546Jj2g1sf68hzo1_250.gif

Joking aside, looks good. Approved pending secondary, though please be patient as I have to find someone with moderator powers to put the tag up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom