Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death's Claws

Death's Claws

08dacdc1beb5031080a5549a39daa177.jpg
Image Source: https://uk.pinterest.com/wowjinn/props/

Intent: An item to be wielded by the Pale Assassin of the Sith Assassin.
Development Thread:

Manufacturer: Darth Lykos.
Model: N/A.
Affiliation: Pale Assassin/Aspect of Death.
Modularity: No.
Production: Unique.
Material: Durasteel.

Strengths: Runic empowered ability to damage memories.
Weaknesses: Requires maintained physical contact for the Claws' effect to work.

Description: The Claws were created for the sole purpose of adorning the hands of the Pale Assassin within the Sith Assassins. Calling upon the moniker given to the Pale Assassin, the Aspect of Death, these Claws are capable of damaging the very memories of whomever is unlucky enough to become their prey. Created by Darth Lykos, his inspiration came from a small religious passage from his home Clan, taught to him during his younger years. "Death is but one form of Nath's will. He is it in all forms and all truths, everything you know of Death is known of Nath. The destruction He brings is but the ending of a finite cycle. He is never seen, never glimpsed nor felt 'till it is time, for He is never to be noticed by any who have not passed into His embrace. Unseen and unnoticed 'till His destructive gaze must fall upon your Mind, Body and Soul." In this case, the Claws are inspired by the section that talks of the destructive gaze falling upon the Mind.

On the inside of each of the Claws, hidden from view, is a Sith Runic Cluster that is comprised of the following runes: Gaarn'vel, Felana and Pac'mor'ah. Gaarn'vel serves the purpose of targeting memories with its very meaning being exactly that, memories. Felana is what creates the property of destroying memories, its meaning very simply being "Destroy". Pac'mor'ah increases the focus of the prior two Runes, it's meaning being "To Focus/To Define A Target". To activate these Runes, the Claws must penetrate the flesh of the target and be bathed in their blood before being held their for a short while of around five seconds. Anything less and the Claws will simply be sharp adornments.

The Claws are a part of a set and work with the Cloak, Death's Embrace, that is also intended for the Pale Assassin of the Sith Assassins.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Death's Claws, an accompaniment to the Death's Embrace Cloak. These were just a quick idea I had and, well, I just thought "Why Not?" so went ahead and quickly wrote this up for your judgement.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Having now read them, I love it. Though, I wonder if it's fair that I should have two items whilst others have one. If the others are okay with it, I would love to use these along with the cloak.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

The reasoning I had behind two items was that, to me, while the Cloak itself is strong, it is not exactly unique. All of our characters most likely know of ways to hide themselves within the Force and physically, so, to me, I thought to create something extra for you to use, something that is more unique. (Hope I explained this well enough.)

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Could just make the cloak for all four members.

Or give all four a cloak. One that represents their color.

Doesnt matter to me though. I get mah saber sword and thats enough for me.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Do I have your approval to go ahead and submit these? If you still wish for me to do so, of course.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a tool for usage by the Pale Assassin/Aspect of Death of the Sith Assassins. (Darth Ophidia.)
  • Image Source: https://uk.pinterest.com/wowjinn/props/
  • Canon Link: N/A.
  • Restricted Missions: N/A.
  • Primary Source: N/A.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Darth Lykos.
  • Model: N/A.
  • Affiliation: Darth Ophidia.
  • Modularity: No.
  • Production: Unique.
  • Material: Durasteel.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Death's Cold Touch.
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Death's Cold Touch: Upon the activated of the Runes engraved upon these adornments, the corrosive nature of the Dark Side of the Force will come into play. Slowly, the person who is being targeted by the Runes - the one activating them - will have their memories eaten away. The longer the effect is maintained the more severe the damage dealt. Should they be subjected to this effect for only a short while, their memories will return to them. However, if subjected for an extended period of time, it is likely that they will never recover the memories. Due to the Dark nature of the damage dealt, focused healing with the Light Side of the Force can also undo the damage done.To activate the Runes, the Claw's must penetrate into the flesh of the target and be bathed in their blood before being held their for, at least, five seconds. The memories that are attacked are determined by the wielder of the Claws as they must be focusing their thoughts at the time of utilising them, however, this focus can be generalised (i.e "memories of their mother") or focused (i.e "memories of their last meal"). Failure to focus the effect of the Claws or active the Runes will mean that the Claws become simply sharp adornments worn on the hands.

Strengths:
  • Death's Cold Touch. (See Above.)
Weaknesses :
  • Requires maintained and prolonged physical contact for its effect to work.
  • Radiates a "Dark-Aura" within the Force during and for a short while after use.
DESCRIPTION:
Death's Claws are a paired set of durasteel claws that are meant to be worn on both hands. They were created for the sole purpose of adorning the hands of the Pale Assassin within the Sith Assassins. Calling upon the moniker given to the Pale Assassin, the Aspect of Death, these Claws are capable of damaging the very memories of whomever is unlucky enough to become their prey. Created by Darth Lykos, his inspiration came from a small religious passage from his home Clan, taught to him during his younger years. "Death is but one form of Nath's will. He is it in all forms and all truths, everything you know of Death is known of Nath. The destruction He brings is but the ending of a finite cycle. He is never seen, never glimpsed nor felt 'till it is time, for He is never to be noticed by any who have not passed into His embrace. Unseen and unnoticed 'till His destructive gaze must fall upon your Mind, Body and Soul." In this case, the Claws are inspired by the section that talks of the destructive gaze falling upon the Mind.

On the inside of each of the Claws, hidden from view, is a Sith Runic Cluster that is comprised of the following runes: Gaarn'vel, Felana and Pac'mor'ah. Gaarn'vel serves the purpose of targeting memories with its very meaning being exactly that, memories. Felana is what creates the property of destroying memories, its meaning very simply being "Destroy". Pac'mor'ah increases the focus of the prior two Runes, it's meaning being "To Focus/To Define A Target".

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Oh these have my approval all the way. Only thing I'm unsure about is whether it is meant to adorn both hands, or just one. Either of which is fine.

Go right ahead and submit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom