Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Chancellor

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Chancellor Harkness,

I've recently met with a member of the Jedi Council on a matter of some importance, and the next logical step is to connect with you.

The Fringe Confederation has always followed the political model of the Omega Protectorate. Most of our member worlds are democratic, as is the advisory council which assists the High Council. However, it's always been my desire to surpass the Protectorate in indices of democracy. I intend to sponsor elections for the entirety of the seats in the High Council, elections in which I will not run for office. I would like your assistance in bringing democracy to the highest levels of my government. The Jedi Council member with whom I spoke promised to assist me in securing impartial Jedi election monitors to assure free and fair elections throughout the worlds of the Confederation.

As always, I reaffirm the non-aggression pact I forged with Chancellor Ijet.

Grand Admiral Ashin Varanin

@[member="Jack Harkness"]

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
Chancellor Jack Harkness looked at the message as he read it and.. It sounded good. Really good, almost to good to be sure and in all honesty he spoke. "We had a non aggression pact?" Confusion went across his face first while he thought about it and well he couldn't blame former chancellor Ijet but he also didn't know what to say. There was plenty to dislike about this. Namely finding out about something that big and it never had the approval of the senate or was even told to anyone. Except maybe Halen but he was glad to leave the Republic floundering just as easily. The mans finger went over the console while he sent a reply.

To Ashin Varanin,

That is a name I did not expect to hear and I regret that we have never met in person. That your having elections is something I can support and another democratic government in the Unknown regions I can get behind. Please know that Chancellor Ijet did not leave any mention of a non aggression pact. An oversight I am certain as she was an upstanding citizen but something that makes this message and such a thing a surprise.I will be looking for the documentation and will honor it so long as there are no attacks on Republic worlds. Thank you again.

Supreme Chancellor Jack harkness

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Jack Harkness"]

It had been a diplomatic answer - polite, but vague. That Ijet hadn't passed on the NAP to her successor was, well...it should have been expected. After all, she'd been something like seventeen at the time, maybe younger.

Chancellor,

Thank you for your prompt response. Naturally we will leave Republic worlds untouched and keep our more militant elements leashed. Networks of alliances are transitory things these days, but we will also do our best to avoid violence with those we believe to be the Republic's allies -- the CIS, the Fel Imperium, and the Omega Protectorate. In regards to the Protectorate, they recently invaded us unprovoked, and we intend to strike back at a single world in a proportional response, in the near term. This will not, I trust, constitute a problem between us.

Thank you, also, for endorsing our election process. Considering I have also obtained the support of a Jedi Council member, now that you've given your own support I've informed my people that Republic election monitors will be advising and guiding our attempts at free and fair polling.

Best regards,
Ashin Varanin
Jedi Knight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom