Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darth Strider

Darth Strider
cqUaR2a.jpg

Aliases: Boss (fellow Mandalorians), The Inquisitor

-
Species: Vedt-human hybrid
-
-
Sex: Male
-
Height: 6.8 feet/204cm
-
Weight: 240 pounds/110kg
-
Face: Unknown
-
Skin color: Almost pale
-
Eye color: Sith Yellow
-
Notable masters:

D'ton clan

Darth Revan (holocron)

King Adas (holocron)
-
Force Sensitive: Yes

Languages: Mandalorian, Ancient Sith, Galactic Basic..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance: Darth Strider's face is always covered with mask - a real piece of Sith Technology, personally designed by Strider himself - which features wide arrays of internal microphones and antennas plus outer dynamics and sound isolation to ensure privacy and secrecy of dialogues between Inquisitor and his strike team plus hiding. Helmet can also act as an oxygen mask so it's wearer would be able to survive in space without any kind of special suit ( external oxygen tanks required ). The mask itself looks like a weary Mandalorian-Sith helmet hybrid with silver-painted front area.

sFeyb1k.jpg

Other than that Darth Strider's dressed in usual Sith's attire consisting of dark robe, leather gloves and armored shoes. Even though he looks like a human from afar, it's not hard to notice Siths unusual body proportions - much slimmer tummy area, wider chest and array of muscles. All of this, together with a red lightsaberq
and lighting coming from his hands was quiet enough to make many run in fear back in the days of The Old Empire.

Biography
Born to unknown father and Vedt mother Darth Strider doesn't retain any memories of his early days, before he was found as an infant and adopted by Mandalorian clan D'ton at one of the many battlefields they used to fight on. Young Strider wasn't any different from any other kid in the clan - that lasted until his training began. During his training Mandalorian didn't only prove himself worthy and reckless fighter but also a great leader who after first two years of training already assembled his own "strike team" onsisting of loyal friends. His violent behavior though was simply considered a sign of a great will to battle by adults. After reaching the age of 13 Darth Strider finally experienced the climax of real battle and first kill. It was shortly afterwards, when Strider began to understand that his violent behavior is not something purely emotional, so he started first attempts to control and use it for his own good. However, everything changed when at the age of 17 Mandalorian encountered a Jedi Knight team in one battle. Despite the fact that D'ton outnumbered Jedi, it led to a point when Strider had to engage one of the knights in 1v1 battle having his own hands as the only weapon against Jedi with a lightsaber. That was probably the first time he consciously used the Force as he summoned Force lightning to cover his fists and punched enemy right through his abdomen which granted him a nickname " Lightning Fists" among his clan.
Years have passed and Strider became even more powerful in the Force up until the point of his "fall" to the Dark side which led him to join Sith Academy on Korriban despite protests of his clan (even though D'ton was fighting on Empire's side along Mandalor).Sith was clearly superior to any of Academy's acolytes in combat, so he used all free time he had to learn the ways and knowledge of the Sith through many books and holocrons available in there.

"It felt like I was living my whole life using my ears as the only way to learn what around me, but someone just opened my eyes and awoken all other senses at the same time. Now I can see. Now I can feel. Now I'm alive.

Sith was amazed by philosophy of his predecessors such as King Adas and Darth Revan (whom he respected since childhood) so he chose them to be his "masters". From Revan he learned about the Force and how to properly use it in battle, how to acquire more power from such feelings as anger and pain and more importantly how to control Dark Side but not to be controlled by it. King Adas taught Strider the ways of the ancient Sith, their views and language and how they used enemy's power against them. Using knowledge acquired from both masters he quickly climbed to the top and graduated not as a Sith Warrior, but as The Inquisitor. Right after that Darth Strider quickly returned into the heat of battlefield fighting along his old friends and Imperial soldiers. His previous experiences were nothing compared to the joy and power he had now. Not only he always stood against such opponents as a Jedi, but was also in command of a small army together with a space frigate.
During space battle for yet another system near Balmorra, almost defeated Sith Fleet began to retreat, however Darth Strider was able to quickly encourage it to fight until the end and battle continued. Even though Sith forced were clearly outnumbered they continued to move forward going through Republic's blockade and eventually made them afraid and discouraged by showing such dedication. The Empire won that battle but such a strange situation attracted higher-ranked Siths attention. Heavy damaged and outnumbered fleet going back to the heat of the battle instead of retreating? Republic forces scared of a suicidal attack? Dark Council proceeded to carefully investigate the situation only to find out one of the rarest abilities blossomed in Darth Strider - Battle Meditation.
Still, they weren't the only ones to figure it out. Right after Jedi Council understood what happened they've sent a strike team to get rid of a potential treat. Though their attack was successfully deflected, Darth Strider was asked to go into hiding until Dark Council will develop a proper plan how to use him in the future confrontations.
Finally having a free time, Darth Strider decided to visit an ancient temple he once heard of - Flying Fortress. It's location in Unknown Regions and a calm atmosphere would only help him to concentrate on training new ability so Strider took a smaller ship and went here with his Mandalorian brothers. Unknown to Darth Strider, this place was haunted by a spirit of an ancient Sith who couldn't become one with the Force. Unable to escape and surrounded by enemies they proceeded to the center of the temple and were able to defeat the ghost only to be sent into stasis for thousands years.

Traits (Vedt traits aren't listed):

+ Powerful in the Force. Intelligent[/b]
Darth Strider studied the ways of the Sith from such masters as Darth Revan and King Adas, not to mention other countless holocrons and books, which, together with his feelings and lust for power turned him into a powerful Sith.

+ Experienced warrior. Especially in a close range.
Raised in CQC-oriented Mandalorian clan and having spent 15 years on the battlefield Darth Strider became an excellent warrior and capable commander with strong body and mind.

+ Strong will.

+/-
Bloodthirsty.
Even though his biological bloodlust is one of Darth Strider's main sources of power, sometimes he can barely control it.

- Complete lack of knowledge what's going on in Galaxy at the moment and what's been happening for past 3000 years.

- "Interest".
Darth Strider usually interacts only with people he interested in or at least thinks are interesting. Such a strange philosophy leads to conflicts pretty often (though it's not like he has something against this fact).

- Bad with ranged weaponry. (excl. Shotguns)
Because D'ton clan heavily focuses on CQC Darth Strider possess extreme knowledge of close ranged weapons and techniques, but almost complete lack of experience with blasters and such.

Killing Jedi, Empire's enemies, worthy opponents.

Interrogating (as a way to relieve stress and bloodlust).

Interesting people.

Well-designed things.

Sith Artifacts.

-
Respects: Power, intellect, honor.
-
Dislikes: Jedi, Republic, fools, pacifists, weaklings (read: people who lacks strength in both mind and body), sell-outs, traitors.

Inventory:
Darth Strider's mask
sFeyb1k.jpg

-

Sith's robe, leather gloves, armored shoes.
cqUaR2a.jpg
-

Custom-designed lightsaber with Clan logo on it
ncNRAiSl.jpg
(bigger than average lightsabers but produces longer blade)​
-

Smoke Grenade.

Reclaimer
c8FZ0OMh.jpg

[member="StriderousD"]

The term "Iridonian" can be applied to two groups. The first group is Zabraks born on the planet of Iridonia, the birthplace of the Zabrak species (I believe). The second group is the group of mercenaries. I do believe that a fanon theory that I have applied to my own RPing is the the Iridonian Mercenaries formed out of the remnants of the Iridonian Zabraks that held dominion over planets other than Iridonia before being beaten back to the desert planet, hence why both groups bear the same name.

[member="Krest"] Actually no. Even KOTOR campaign guide describes them as "a mysterious species known for their savagery and aggressiveness." If they were to be born on Iridonia they wouldn't be such a rare sight in the galaxy. Plus I haven't heard of Zabraak hearts being popular on black market or having any valuability compared to Iridorian (SWTOR).

[member="Darth Lykos"] Still it's a fanon theory which probably doesn't explain why only Iridorian equipment was banned and their hearts were a real deal on black market, not Zabraak. The only thing that "connects" them with Zabraak is name. In all other terms they are more similar to Mandalorians and Echani - warrior culture with their own philosophy and unique set of equipment.

"An "Iridorian" appears in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game produced by BioWare in 2003. The individual appears on the planet Manaan wearing full body armor, so his actual appearance remains a mystery. However, he does inform the character Revan, controlled by the player, of the history of his species.
Later, in 2008, the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide was released by Wizards of the Coast. It lists a gear template for "Iridonian Manufacture," which describes Iridonians as "a mysterious species known for their savagery and aggressiveness." The gear template gives Iridonian weapons and armor extra resistance to bludgeoning attacks and a bonus to certain attacks that emphasize brute strength.[3] This description matches that of the Manaan Iridorian, but not the pre-existing species known alternatively as both Iridonians and Zabraks, who are said to be a more peaceful species. This change, from "Iridorian" to "Iridonian," was confirmed to be deliberate by Rodney Thompson, one of authors of the Campaign Guide, who explained that Lucasfilm Ltd. stipulated the change and that it was "the KOTOR video game that was in error.""

A quote from Wookiepedia. As you can see above, it clearly states that the KOTOR games was in error and that the Iridonian Zabrak Species was created and canonised before Iridonian Mercenaries. Hence why, in this case, we must lean upon fanon to explain away the holes that can be found within the canon.

You will also note that in my previous post, not once did I say anything against the two groups being separate. Indeed, to me, the Mercenaries formed from the remnants of the Iridonian Zabraks, but, I am not arguing that this makes them the same, just that the foundation and name of one could be rooted in the other. Yes, at this point, the only thing connecting the two Iridonians is name, and I do not disagree. Time and the differentiating environments will have caused different philosophies to arise. Furthermore, at this point in the timeline, I fully believe that the Mercenaries resemble Mandalorians now in that they are compiled of more than one species. However, I refuse to believe that the connection does not exist in the past, unless you wish to argue that two groups were named the same thing, especially when the Iridonian Zabraks come from Iridonia yet the Iridonian Mercenaries do not have a reason to be called Iridonian.

A note on the possible nature of the error. Iridonian Zabraks were know for their forging techniques used in crafting weapons. So, it is possible, that the error was in the differentiating the two groups as different, when they should have been the same, as the idea of the equipment and hearts could be linked to the Zabraks.

[member="Darth Lykos"] And again I will repeat that this is just a fan theory which has nothing to do with the canon. In KOTOR there weren't any mentioned connections between those two. I don't even know why Wookipedia,creators of this theory and you call them iridoNians - maybe to create this connection? Because in original game they called iridoRians. And not only once (when talking with Iridorian himself) but by other NPCs as well so it's not a mistake.
0k0m4WTh.jpg

onHFxf3h.jpg

I see absolutely no connections between Iridorians and Zabraak and such facts as biological difference (why weren't Zabraak hearts popular then? they are much more common and If your theory is right are absolutely the same thing as Iridorians ones), equipment and philosophy only proves that I'm right.

[member="Darth Strider"]

Irregardless of your arguments and my own, I propose that we simply agree to disagree in this. I had nor do I have any intent to start an argument over this, and I'm sure that you hold the same thought. I had simply wished to put forward, initially, my thoughts on this matter and then a reasoning behind why I hold that point of view. Anyway, as I said, shall we agree to disagree on this matter?

[member="Darth Lykos"] I just wanted to point out that my character and his mother aren't of Zabraak species in any possible term (especially biological). That's it. Who knows where Iridorians came from - that's still and will be unknown so the only thing left is to theorize. Both of us can be right. I think that they are completely different human-like race of warriors.But considering how Iridorian mercenary compares his kind to Mandalorians and Echani they might consist of different species (though he probably meant only difference between their cultures, cause their bloodlust really sounds like a biological thing).

[member="Darth Vindica"]
Well, my character was titled Sith Inquisitor (somewhere between Warrior And Lord) back in the days of The Old Empire. Or is there a level-up system where you should progress from one rank to another?

[member="Xiarr Sair"] so it properly works only within factions? Considering the fact that he (probably) won't join factions anytime soon and was already more than properly taught in Sith academy and sent on war it would be really strange for him to be just an acolyte. So should I try to request "Warrior" title from Judge/Sith Faction Administrator (but will have to join the latter)?

[member="Darth Strider"]
No, not really, my character was knighted by a roleplay judge, not a faction administrator. Unless your character is a transfer then sorry, you have to start out as a Padawan/Acolyte. But I'm not too knowledgeable on the rules.

[member="Darth Strider"] regardless of backstory, unless you are coming from another board and have record of the promotion you start at acolyte, its not a measure of authority as much as it is a measure of strength. The ranking system is in place so we don't have a bunch of Yoda/Vader-level people just popping out of nowhere, not to mention building from the bottom up is always good character development. While you can rank up without a faction its significantly easier to do so within one as their are masters and trainers available, but one cannot start as anything but a padwan/acolyte/initiate for the sake of fairness and balance.

[member="Darth Strider"]

What [member="Darth Vindica"] is saying however doesnt mean you cant have your backstory and all the training that you did. What you can do is have it so your character is weak from their revival and slowly regain their strength. You start at acolyte rank in terms of power, but you still have all the knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom