Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darth Infernu's Cursed Sword

Karter

Street-Level Darksider
New to this...fingers crossed. I notice that this site is A TON more tolerant about original ideas so I decided to try my hand at it...

Darth Infernu's Sword

Image Source: http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/c-776-flamberge-swords.aspx(It was the best image I could find at the top. Don't know if the image source will be accepted
Intent: To have my new character look for something to give him an edge in facing the Galaxy and how crazy it's gotten (From his perspective) Also developing it as a sort of story arc
Development Thread: Story arc currently being planned where Karter seeks out clues to find the sword
Manufacturer: Darth Infernu
Model: Same as image provided at top of page link. Otherwise, a simple two handed claymore with a wave pattern to it's blade.
Affiliation: Karter
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel and Sith Alchemy.
Classification: Sword.
Size:
Length: 145 cm
Weight: 4.3 kilograms
Special Features:

Strengths:

Enhances control of Pyrokinesis to any who wield it, amplifies the effects of Force Rage, letting it last longer. Absorbs Fire. Can block Lightsabers. Can channel and redirect flames via will of user, or allow the creation of fire constructs or a defensive sphere of flame. Drains life from opponent each time it lands a hit, transferring it to either the user or the blade to generate hotter flames.

Weaknesses: As it is not a vibroblade, nor a lightsaber, it is only good for cutting through flesh and bone. Also, it is a heavy sword, and requires great strength and dexterity to wield properly. Lastly, prolonged use of the sword throws emotions out of whack, fluctuates them unpredictably, making the user prone to fits of rage more often, and thus more prone to making mistakes at a critical moment. The longer the sword is used in active combat, the greater the chance of the judgement being overridden by emotion at a critical moment. Also, user is aggravated by a tinitus-like effect that grows worse and more painful each time the sword is drawn. Also the constructs it creates can never be more than the size of a small room, and the effect is more draining the less attuned to the Dark Side the user is. Attempting to create more than one construct at a time would seriously tax and perhaps even kill the user. Worst of all, the sword is addictive in spite of all these drawbacks, and the blade must touch actual flesh for the life drain effect to occur, and even then the amount drained may only go to either the user or the sword--not both. The flames, if made hot enough, can also kill the user if they are not careful.
Description: Darth Infernu was once a Jedi Knight with powerful pyrokinetic abilities, and an ancestor of Karter, whose original name has been lost to history. When he experienced a Force Vision that foretold he would become a powerful and terrible Sith Lord, he reacted in disbelief and horror. The Vision also showed him the people most responsible for causing him to embrace the Dark Side...a mixture of Force Adepts both light and dark that he had never met beforehand. The Vision showed in no uncertain terms that if any of them were allowed to live he would become a Sith. Determined to thwart the Vision at all costs, he sought to defy prophecy by tracking down and killing these adepts before they initiated whatever events that would start him on the path of a Sith. Against all odds, he successfully struck down everyone involved in the vision, even when it seemed fate was throwing everything it could to stop him from succeeding. He also went the extra mile and demolished the site he was supposed to embrace the Dark Side in, than finally vowing simply not to turn no matter what happened. He worked very hard over the next ten years to atone for his acts to prevent the rise of another Sith.

But the Darkness is not thwarted so easily with mere death. One of the relatives of the Force adepts he had murdered, spitefully gathered evidence and exposed him during a ceremony where he was about to be awarded the cross of glory, horrifying his Masters. Despite his explanation of wanting to prevent the rise of a great evil, the Jedi Council denounced him, as murder before a crime had even been committed was not the way of the Jedi. The enraged Knight was stripped of his rank, exiled permanently from the Jedi Order, and imprisoned by the Republic for his crimes. The Knight, fuming over the fact that all his efforts had been for nought, and gripped by pride, refused to accept his fate and escaped, seeking out the Sith and lamenting that he had not cheated fate after all. Cursing the Force for tricking him, he vowed to spend the rest of his life trying to make the Force his slave, so that it would never thwart, mislead, or defy his will ever again. He became exactly what the vision promised he would become in the end, and he took a special hate to the Order, loathing the fact they had exiled him for trying to prevent the rise of the very enemy he had become. He went on to kill many more Jedi with his sword, which he alchemically infused somehow with his hatred of the Order and a bit of his pyrokinetic ability, and spent years killing Jedi until he was finally slain by one of the last true Light-Sided Sith in what some would call a mercy killing for the Jedi Knight Darth Infernu had once been. His sword has been lost all the way until hints of it's existence cropped up in isolated whispers on Nar Shaddaa, prompting the bold to began a hunt for it.
Primary Source: Not sure what I should put here, as this is an item I made up.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Karter said:
Development Thread: Story arc currently being planned.
Does this mean you intend to do a thread wherein this sword is created & developed and/or found?

Karter said:
Affiliation: The Sith Order (Cold War)
Our RP board (SWRP Chaos) is set in 845 ABY (currently), which is several thousands of years after the Cold War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. I would suggest changing the affiliation to your character, as that is what it appears this weapon is going to be used by.

Karter said:
Production: 1
Please make this "Unique". We don't go by production values by how much of the items are being made, rather by how many people can use them.
  • Unique - Only one single character at a time. (PC or NPC)
  • Semi-Unique - Handful of characters at a time. (PC or NPC)
  • Limited - A select group of PCs or a select group of NPCs.
  • Minor - Any PC and only select groups of NPCs.
  • Mass - Anyone.

Once we go through the above we can continue to the meat of the submission.

Karter said:
Can channel and redirect flames via will of user, or allow the creation of fire constructs or a defensive sphere of flame.
This is a bit ambitious for a sword, I'm not too sure how capable a sith sword would be at accomplishing this. We can talk over ways to make this work for both of us, but I'm not too sure that full-on manipulation of fire while utilizing the sword is the way to go.

Other than that, the development thread you plan to work on should cover everything. If we can comb over the above issue then I'll just archive this until the thread is completed.

@Mention me to let me know what you plan to do.

[member="Karter"]
I'm going to archive this for inactivity, please send either myself or another RPJ or Admin a PM to have this pulled back out to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom