Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Torran's Jedi Combat Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
The darkness lays ever near the light.
swtor-resolute-guardian-armor-set-male_thumb.jpg
Out of Character Information

Intent: To create Darren Torran's new armour since he has become a Jedi.
Image Source(s): Credited under each Image.
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_armor

Production Information

Manufacturer: @Darren Torran
Model: N/A
Affiliation: @Darren Torran
Modularity: Yes
- The cloak may be swapped out / removed.
- Pauldrons may be removed
- Other Plates may be removed
Production: Unique
Material:
- Phrik Plates
- Armourweave Thermoguard Bodyglove
- Woollen Cloak
- Electrical Components

Technical Specifications

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 12 kg
Quality:
Plates: 10
Bodyglove: 8
Cloak: 4

Special Features

- Lightsaber Resistant Phrik Plates

Armour:
Thermoguard Bodyglove
Temperature Regulator
Digital Life Support System
Radiation Reflection Badge

Utility Belt:
x2 Grenade Hooks
x2 Ammunition Pouches
Combat De-Ionizer
Canteen
Sound Dampening Belt
Individual Field Disruptor

Boots:
Grav Boots w/ Magno Grip Soles

Strengths

Phrik Plates: Due to it's Phrik plates, Darren's armour is resistant to lightsabers - and relatively resistant to blaster shots too.
Movement: Although it leaves some of the body exposed, the phrik plates only cover the vital organs and limbs - allowing for freer movement to align with Darren's agile fighting style.
Technology: Darren's armour is much more technological compared to the conventional jedi robes, meaning it has an advantage over those of others.
Invisible to Infrared Sensors: Due to the thermoguard bodyglove, the armour is invisible to Infrared and Thermal Sensors.

Weaknesses

Exposed Portions: To accommodate for freer movement, only the vital organs and limbs are protected by the Phrik plating - meaning some of the body is exposed.
EMP/Ion Resistance: Due to it's lack of EMP Defense - and the abundance of technological components - said technological components would easily be fried by an EMP.

Description

Darren Torran's personal armour was made by the man himself shortly after he discovered his force sensitivity. It was designed to accommodate his typical fighting style - while still offering more protection in battle than that of the typical robes.

Darren is not your typical Jedi - and his armour very much reflects that. It is not force imbued, it is much more technologically advanced and it is armour - armour that most Jedi would only wear in the most dire of circumstances. However, Darren is a soldier through and through - and he forever will be - so his armour incorporates aspects of a soldier's while still keeping movement relatively free for lightsaber combat.

Netherworld

<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Netherworld

[member="Darren Torran"]

Darren Torran said:
Image Credit: "Pristine Jedi Armour" - Google Search
  • Google Images is not sufficient image source. Please link the website or author of the image you're using.

Darren Torran said:
- Other Plates may be added (Eg. Bracers)

Darren Torran said:
Exposed Portions: To accommodate for freer movement, only the vital organs and limbs are protected by the Phrik plating - meaning some of the body is exposed.
  • These two things don't go together. You may have the option to remove plates under Modularity, but not to add them, or that Weakness is completely irrelevant.

Darren Torran said:
NOT Force Imbued: Unlike many Jedi robes - Darren's armour is not imbued with the force.
  • That... isn't a Weakness. It's a design choice. Please remove it and replace it with something solid and relevant. Like, say, Weakness to EMP/Ion that would disable or fry the technological components of the armor.

Darren Torran said:
swtor-resolute-guardian-armor-set-male_thumb.jpg
Production Information

- Other Plates may be removed

Weaknesses

EMP/Ion Resistance: Due to it's lack of EMP Defense - and the abundance of technological components - said technological components would easily be fried by an EMP.
Changes made - though I have seen judges say in the past that Google Searches are viable - though as a last resort.

Thanks!

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld

[member="Darren Torran"]

Darren Torran said:
Heat Resistant: Due to the Thermoguard Bodyglove - and thermal gel - the armour is resistant to high temperatures.
  • Thermoguard bodyglove:
    The thermoguard bodyglove was an expensive form of bodyglove that was developed to allow the wearer to become invisible to infrared and thermal scanners.
  • The thermal gel would provide minimal resistance from heat and kinetic impact. The bodyglove does nothing of the sort – it's a form of stealth technology. Please remove it, and any references to it.

Netherworld

[member="Darren Torran"]

Netherworld said:
The bodyglove does nothing of the sort – it's a form of stealth technology. Please remove it, and any references to it.
  • I think you misunderstood – the thermal gel is fine. The stealth is not.

Actually, I'm going to ask that this be denied/archived please [Member="Netherworld"].

I'm going on LOA tomorrow and to be honest I think you'll just keep finding something to pick at. I also don't appreciate the tone that you've taken - it comes off very condescending and passive aggressive - so I'd suggest you attempt to change it in the future. I've heard similar things from those you've reviewed before - it seems to may be rather bias during your reviews - tarring all lightsiders with the same brush (specifically Silver Jedi). I've attempted to be polite and cordial with you - though there is only so long I can stay that way.

Thanks.

Netherworld

[member="Darren Torran"]

I'm sorry you feel that way. You're free to request a Second chance at any time during the judging process.

I'll archive this submission. If you'd like it brought out later, you can PM Raziel, Cira, or Jamie Pyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom