Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Secrets (complete)

Voss had a history associated with the Sith. The Sith enslaved the Gormak of Voss, and when the Jedi arrived and founded the resistance against them, the Gormak agreed to fight the Sith in exchange for being taught to use the force.

The rise of the Gormak Mystics evolved losing their feral traits and became a new species, the Voss.

Serena had read many of the holos available to her about the Mystics, she knew there were some still out there, she could feel their movements. She could also sense the Gormak their violent tendencies bounced hard against the Serena's senses.

Did she feel them because of the little bit of darkness that lived in all people, or did she feel them because of something else?

Her Master was busy with other matters this morning, Serena stood outside the temple looking off into the distance. They were out there the Voss she felt as if she could hear them luring her toward them.

Serena took a step, she tried to reason with herself. Was it the force directing her, or was it her own will? Was there a difference anymore? One more step, she felt her own breath stop, her eyes searched darting from left to right.

Before she asked herself one more reason, she headed down the path toward whatever it was that made her feel compelled to go.

She was running along the path she had followed this path the day she and Connor had walked they had stopped at the ruins, she had not taken time to look that day. The discussion of to be a Jedi or not to be one had taken her attention.

Slightly out of breath she stood beside the ruins a Jedi temple, but had the Mystics entered there. Slowly she walked up to where they had stood beside the fallen column she looked back at the temple it seemed so far right now. This time she turned away from it and surveyed the ruins before her. She was sure they had gone through here with a fine tooth comb checking every corner, crevasse, and indentation.

She put her hand on the column she knew she needed to practice the psychometry it would become so helpful for her work. What would it say to her, what would it show her she could only wonder at what mysteries she was missing.

She breathed out effortlessly. No, this was not the place that whispered. She carefully walked down into the ruins wanting to explore, she could see Jedi runes carved into the stones, the mention of the old clan system that the Silver tried to bring back. Serena brushed away some of the growth to examine the stone closely.

Connor Harrison was sat on a small pillar, hidden amongst a collection of old stone broken walls, columns and arches. The ruins had been the place Serena wanted to visit the first time he had intercepted her; before she had become a fellow Silver Jedi.

Over the last few days of conversation with others and getting back into feeling Force throughout the Voss temple, he owed it to Serena to find her and catch up. After all, before parting for Rhen Var she was on the path to answering her calling through the Force, and now it seemed she had already been off-world with others doing her duty.

”I thought I’d find you here.”

He smiled, leaning on his knees with his elbows as he watched her from a far looking around curiously at what surrounded her.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

That voice the one she had waited to hear. Her blue eyes slowly looked over to where he was once more perched. She had thought she sensed him when away.

She had hoped he would have shown up on Onderon and was disappointed he had not. His journey had taken him where he needed to be she accepted that. She smiled though.

"[member="Connor Harrison"]. I was wondering if I would see you again. Welcome back" She didn't move the experience on Shari Tal still bewildered her.

"I'm really happy to see you" She was. He was why she was still here. "Did you find what you wanted on your journey?"

He slid down a few feet to the soft ground, hands drifting over the ancient carvings on the surface. Connor inclined his head to her slowly.

“I’m so glad you found your calling with us, Serena. Welcome to the Silver Jedi.”

He slowly walked over to where she was, stepping up and down the odd raised ruin here and there, enjoying his time out without sense of urgency, danger or demand.

“Rhen Var produced the answers I needed, thank you.”

Such a short, to the point reply for something that was a long story, but he wouldn’t bore her with it just yet. He wouldn’t want to scare her off so soon. He was pleased that someone genuinely was happy to see him without any hesitation or judgement, but it made him wonder just how much she knew of his recent journey.

“So how have you been? I come back and see you as one of us, and nothing delights me more. How are you finding things?”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

She would not lie. "My master finds me difficult. She thinks humans are flawed, she says if my masters left me before it was because they found other students more willing. She says I have no fire, that I sulk, that she's not my mother. That I do not wish to be taught. She said I am a fool and should nit need the world explained to me." Then Serena smiled.

"So things are I do t know" She wasn't even sure what she felt after that encounter. Truth she didn't know why she was still here. She looked at the column "I do so love history. Rhen Var you say maybe you will tell me about it one day."

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor turned his head slightly, a eyes closing narrowly as he listened to Serena. She wasn’t lying, he could sense that about her, but it troubled him to hear such negativity from a Master.

Constructive criticism was always going to be present, that much was true, as it was the only way you can build yourself up to be the best. But this didn’t sound like criticism to Connor. If he had heard such words in his early days, heaven knows what side of the Force he would be on right now.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Serena. I think no matter how young or old, how receptive or lost a soul is who comes to the Silver Jedi, they are all equal in the eyes of what we strive for and flaws should be smoothed out gradually, not heightened. Who is your Master?”

It was disappointing to hear that Serena was experiencing such difficulty so early on. This was the most precious time for a Padawan or Apprentice, a time when if they felt the path ahead was blocked, they would simply turn around and walk away.

“One day I will show you the Citadel on Rhen Var. It’s a dangerous planet, but one with great history…for myself as much as the Jedi and Sith.”

Connor couldn’t shake the feeling that in Serena being let down, he was responsible for anything that happened to her after pushing her to seek out the temple.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

She took a breath. "Understanding it was all I wanted Connor, a teacher who could see my state of unsure and help me beyond. Quenladose just makes me feel worse for not being what she expected in a padawan. I didn't want to disappoint her she asked my skills I told her she then decided to start with saber skills and I questioned why. If we are peaceful Jedi why start training there, and from that moment I no longer had confidence in myself."

Serena made a face, "I'm sorry I did not do better." She looked over at him. "I'd like to see the citadel I bet it tells quite a story"

She felt it then a sensation radiate off him "you're not responsible you made a suggestion the rest was up to me, I didn't do so well is all"

“Quenladose? I’ve heard of her but I’ve not met her myself. I’ll have to remember the name.”

He promised to himself he’d find the Master soon enough and just prick the edges of how Serena was doing. It wouldn’t hurt to show interest.

Connor stepped closer to her and stood beside her, surrounded by the ruins and peaceful nature of Voss.

“Never forget, if you handle a blade, you hold in your hands the weapon that represents the grace, nobility and beauty of what it means to be a Silver Jedi. Nobody likes violence, but when it comes to defending innocent people, standing by one of your own in combat or protecting yourself from evil, your lightsaber is your most trusted asset.”

He took his hilt with his right hand and held it up to her.

“Nobody controls this except you. You determine how and why it must be used, and thus it is an extension of your ability as a Jedi and one who is control of the Force. Don’t be afraid of it – a lightsaber doesn’t make you a violent person. It makes you a protector and a guardian of the Light.”

Looking at his weapon, Connor smiled softly back up at Serena and clipped it to his belt, on his left hip.

“And don’t apologise to me of all people for not - ” he rolled his eyes, “- doing better. What does that mean? Who are you comparing yourself to? And why do you feel the need to apologise to me?”

He looked away.

“I can sense you’re too hard on yourself, Padawan. You will have many bumps along the way, trust me. But from what I saw weeks ago, that determination and honesty to find yourself, I know you can conquer anything if you truly believe in yourself, and one day you will stand beside me in battle to serve the Order.”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Serena nodded listening carefully to what Connor said, "I agree one of my former masters said something that I think applies. She said, " a light saber is an extension of yourself it can be used for protection, and for defense. But always remember that when you go to use your light saber you must be prepared for two things, prepared to die, and prepared to kill"

She looked at the light saber yes in ways she feared what it could do, of what it could grow to represent to others. If the Jedi were seen as fighters it could change the ability to interact with people who truly needed help.

"I only apologized to you because you felt responsible." She arched a brow, "My mother often feels like that, I know that sensation well. She feels that way when we do something she didn't expect, she says things like I should have been a better parent. When in fact she is a wonderful parent, it's how my brothers and sisters use what she has taught us, or shown us. So. I wanted you to feel better, and not feel responsible."

Perhaps that was a fault to but there was no reason for anyone to carry such a thing, even her own mother she would often remind that as adults they all made their choices. "I perhaps should have waited to question her methods, but I couldn't see a reason not to ask. Quenladose knows elemental powers, and stealth both very useful for me on my chosen path." She wouldn't say much more

Serena didn't know how to tell him about that day and the words spoken. She was sure Quenladose would talk about it from her view.

He looked away, yes she was hard on herself. She nodded in agreement with him. As to her standing beside him in battle, that would remain to be seen. The future was always in flux and could change with a simple wave of a hand.

"Tell me what else you've been doing, I am exploring the ruins finally the old runes say many things about the Jedi that were here, but I also imagine that there is a Sith temple somewhere as well considering the evolution of the Voss. Have you ever seen one of the mystics?"

There were other things to talk about.

Looking out to the far temple, atop the magnificent cliff faces that seemed to stretch deep into the planet, Connor listened to all Serena’s words. It was a sensitive subject, and he wasn’t here to check up on her or pass judgement.

”I understand, but I advise you not to let others make you feel doubtful of your ability. The Force brought you here for a reason. It brought you to me for a reason. That reason? I don’t know, but you’ve taken your first steps into a larger world, and I’m glad I could help guide you onto it to take them.”

With a disarming smile, he turned to her and sighed, letting out the tension of the conversation they were having.

”I’ve seen little of Voss, to be honest. The Nightmare Lands, most of the rolling fields and, of course, all areas in and around the temple. But most of my activity has been carried out off-world. However there are many places here to reflect and find peace, or to find adventure and training.”

He started walking around the ruins again, like an eager child investigating.

”There is even a dark catacomb underneath our very temple where we live and breathe. I investigated there once but didn’t get very far. It’s riddled with dark secrets, but I myself have no idea what they are.”

Looking at her, he made a spooky noise and wave of his hands.

”Scary, eh? Right beneath you, a world unknown to many!”

He chuckled.

”To answer your question, I’ve just been…taking some time to find myself, to discover the Force within me and find my place in the Silver Jedi. Thankfully I found the right answer, hence my being here. A few scars, physically and mentally from the journey, but I’m all good. Better, in fact. If that makes sense? You never feel more alive when you’re about to die.”

And after facing down a Sith Lord and surviving, Connor felt he could say that statement with conviction.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Serena laughed when he made a face and wiggled his fingers. It felt good to laugh right then. She was trying as well to figure out why she had come here, and why was it to Connor of all the Jedi that roamed the galaxy, and he was the first one she encountered. Whatever the force had in mind she had to accept would be revealed when the time came. Whatever that was.

She was glad his journey of discovery helped him to know himself and bring him back to Voss.

As he spoke about the wonders that were here on Voss wonders that could reveal knowledge of Voss and all those that had come before them to be in this place. She couldn't wait to find them and see their secrets.

But.

Nightmare lands she bit her lip and yet her eyes would show that spark of curiosity. She got up from where she was, she was thinking about what he said that there was a dark catacomb beneath then.

This made her stop, some of the emotion left her face she swallowed hard and thought her eyes looked away she thought about what had been happening. She took a breath revealing this to him she wasn't sure what it would do.

"When I'm in the temple" she raked her hands through her long hair trying to choose the right words, "Connor something is whispering to me, I thought it was my imagination you know but even this morning I felt compelled to leave the temple, being drawn to something. " She exhaled trying to relieve some pressure she felt on her shoulders.

The whisper was silent right now.

Should she tell him about what happen during battle at Shari Tal, should she tell him that the skies seemed to open that she could hear screaming, and a red circle that seemed all around her that she couldn't explain, and was certain no one else could see or hear.

No let's start with the whispers.

Cocking his head slightly, Connor sniggered to himself. It seemed there was never a day in the Silver Jedi to rest without darkness rearing it's ugly head. Even out here in the morning sun, Serena was out to question herself.

"You can talk to me."

He leant against a tree, one of a few entwined with the ruins around them where the planet had begun to flourish amidst the ancient stones and bricks to take back it's beauty.

"What were you drawn to? What did you feel precisely?"

[member="Serena Bouie"]

What did she feel precisely.

"I felt like something warm had covered me from head to foot, and gave me a gentle nudge to move. All while a voice said come to us out here" Serena turned and looked further deeper into the jungle around them. "I stopped because my curiosity wanted to know what was going on in here, the stones grabbed my attention."

She shook her head and laughed slightly, "Are you going to say I'm dreaming it all, cause sometimes it feels that way." She looked at nothing as she tried to think, "it didn't feel bad, but when you said dark catacombs it made me think that what if." She put the palm of her left hand to her left cheek rubbing her face, "Its an initiation trick right? Just like the red sky, hearing screams, and seeing a red circle around me..you guys are using Jedi trickery on me" She smiled sort of, "right" she asked softly.

It was as if everything around them had grown silent waiting for the punch line to be delivered. Serena poised and waiting, Connor watching her.

As Serena talked, Connor couldn’t help worry that the spirit of the Taung was still present around Shri-tal, where they had recently been. For one so young to the Order and developing, the lure of such dark power that once captured Connor’s mind and nearly killed him was ever present, and it would be something to think on and watch how Serena developed.

Her smile showed that she was trying to hide her concern.

”No, it’s not an initiation on our part. The initiation, if anything, would be ensuring you have the strength and the resolve to avoid falling to any manipulation that lies beyond our walls.”

Connor pursed his lips, thinking over how she must be feeling.

”Serena, don’t be afraid to tell me anything that happens to you, or that you see or feel. This is a dangerous time for us all, and I understand that more than most, so if I can help you find your way, I will. I said I would, remember.”

He slowly walked back and forward in front of her, between the trees.

”For your own peace of mind, maybe – MAYBE – we can investigate the temple and grounds more to see how you feel, but not yet, that’s not my area to take you away from your studies whilst you’re still fragile.”

With a slight amused sigh, he frowned.

”I’m making this far more complicated than I should be. I didn’t come here to lecture you about things, I’m sorry!”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

She laughed, "oh Connor if you only knew having someone lecture me is like being at home." She shook her head. "Both my parents are scientist one of the things they do best is lecture me." She laughed a little more something she did when nervous.

She stood there emotion running through her she wasn't as Jedi like as others and perhaps would never be that kind of Jedi. There were things that were apart of her ingrained as part of her soul. She reached over to Connor touching his upper arm. "I'm made of pretty strong stuff the fact that you're willing to help me I appreciate . "

She pat his arm gently. Then she got a bit coy with him, her voice a little sing song.

"Course now that I know these things I could just look on my own" She looked over at him withdrawing her hand but standing closer to him. "I am just that curious you know"

She smiled at him again. "My being a padawan. I should have some supervision. If. I. Go. Off. Investigating. The unknown.."

She sighed some, "it could be the mystics too. Maybe they want to talk" she really hoped it was. She really didn't want to be listening to something dark.

”Your parents are scientists? How noble. However, you’re not at home now, so it’s not my want to lecture you. I am here as your equal, and will help the best I can. You are more than welcome.”

He smiled at her touch and rocked gently on the heel of his boots.

”I can sense your doubts. Do you think that, with all I have been through, I would still be here now if the Silver Jedi weren’t capable of seeing through one’s background and personal confrontation? No matter what you are, if your heart is in the right place, your mind is willing and your drive is strong, then everything can be adapted to your advantage.”

Connor was the prime example of how one could falter, but still remain respected and strong. It would take time, of course, but he had taken the chance given to him to be something great rather than be cast out as many other Orders would have done.

”And if you go off on some foolish wanderings then I will have to let your Master know, of course.

He stopped and tapped his chin gently with his fingers.

”But, I’ll have to make sure you don’t get into trouble. I can only advise you, I can’t control you.”

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Oh Connor she thought. You misunderstand I liked being lectured in a moment where I felt unsure. It reminded me of home it was that moment that said its ok.

"Yes I have doubts." She closed her eyes there in the force a bright glowing ember radiating. "I could see you from Shari Tal " she said softly keeping her eyes closed, " I wanted to ask you if you were alright" hints of emotion crossed her face her hand went up to her heart the centre of her being. She focused and drew on the calm around her.

She opened her eyes to look up into his, "of course you would have to tell her" that little grin that projected she was going to do something.

She took a few steps away from him, looking back. "You would be remiss in your duties as a Jedi if you didn't advise me. Or follow me to continue advising me" a few more steps.

"I thought about you while you were gone. I'm thinking of either the catacombs or that way" she pointed. Then she stopped moving.

Her head tilted back slightly. Her eyes opened but did not see, her voice dropped, as her head turned to look at him, something that was not Serena spoke, "She seeks. She will find. Come with her"

Then her head dropped she reached out to grab the column near her. "I'm dizzy" she whispered in her own voice. "Sorry. I think I need some water. And to go down this path." She exhaled.

"You will come, yes?"

The more Serena spoke, the more Connor found it harder to syphon what was natural and what wasn’t. She was bright and eager, but something was radiating from her that made him wary; was she fighting something else?

Maybe he had been out of touch for too long, but he felt she was teasing him…? He couldn’t help smile gently at her youthful way.

”I will do what I must, don’t you worry. You won’t get into trouble as long as I am around.”

He took a step forward but stopped when she did, a swift coldness blew over them as Serena spoke in a voice not of her own, as if she was being overlooked by a greater being, talking directly to Connor.

”Stay with me, Serena,” Connor said, calmly, ”for we have lots more for you to achieve as a Jedi.”

Trying to identify what was wrong with her, the moment passed quickly and the young girl looked disorientated, leaning for support on a stone column. Glancing around at the ruins, Connor felt this was no place for one so open to the Force as Serena in her state.

He moved and took her gently by the arm, guiding her away from the ruins and back along towards the small lake running along the planet, on the way back towards the temple.

”We will go this way, the ruins and catacombs can wait for now my dear, let’s just get you some water and you can clear your mind.”

Rolling his tongue around his teeth, Connor felt that Voss was starting to bring nothing but bad omens to the Silver Jedi and those most vulnerable to the power it contained.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Serena looked at her arm where Connor was holding her to guide her, then she looked at him what was behind this face he showed her, what was he thinking, what was it that had driven him from Voss. Words floated at her, emotions tickled her skin and senses.

"I will stay with you Connor, I am doing my best to do so" She grabbed his hand, "it is the one thing that all creatures need, to touch, to feel comfort, to" she coughed, "not feel alone" She held his hand tight as if it were the only thing holding her down.

Serena's mind was such a fog at times, words that she wouldn't normally speak out loud fell from her mouth without control, Goddess she would never have told someone she thought about them what message did that send? And OH MY GOD did she just say she would stay with him.

"No Connor dear, not the temple, please" She bit her lip, "Do you remember the story of Corran Horn, and Exar Kun and the Temple of the Blue Leaf Cluster?" Her mouth felt like cotton, "I just don't think this is evil it's something I don't understand."

How many times had she felt this otherness come over her, as if watching from the side and having no control to say anything. But never had there been cruelty, evil, anything that was reminiscent of Kun and his possession of the Jedi of Yavin IV.

"Let us think, help me think Connor. Have there been other Jedi on Voss to experience similar things that maybe were dismissed as an odd moment." She tried to laugh, "You know someone who suddenly starts walking in their sleep" Serena kept licking her lips

Long history of Sith on Voss, don't you think they filled the dark places? Things that would bring them power, and gain would there only be a few or would it be countless among the stars?

But there was light too, there were Jedi how much of the darkness had they found and eradicated.

Serena did not know she was empathic the ability to read and understand people and be in tune with or resonate with others, voluntarily or involuntarily of one's empathy capacity. Proper training and she could in time have more control, even develop the ability to scan another's psyche for thoughts and feelings or for past, present, and future life occurrences voluntarily.

now things came at her that assaulted her.

Or was this nothing to do with Voss? Was it connected to the tablets that she was researching for Shari Tal? The four tablets she was working on the day the attack began. The day the red circle, screams, and a sense of Connor's presence began.

So many questions.

.[member="Connor Harrison"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom