Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dangerous Ride

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay borrowed her adopted son's speederbike for a ride in the Twin Canyons on Commenor. It had been ages since she had gone out for a ride. Whipping through the canyons was a stress relief for her, giving her full control of what happens to her, something that she didn't have so much of in life. Being a Queen and now a Chancellor on top of that, it didn't leave her much room to do anything freely. She always had to watch what she did and what she said. Even what she wore could be scrutinized, though thankfully that hadn't happened yet.

One guard flanked her, each on their own speederbikes. This was Kay's first time on the Ventus, the model not really known to her. But with her son off world on a mission of his own, she couldn't just let the bike gather dust.

The Twin Canyons were daunting to some, especially with the speeds that Kay liked to travel. But she knew them pretty much like the back of her hand. Each twist and turn was calculated, her instincts guiding her while her guard just followed from behind, sometimes at a distance. It took a bit for her to get used to the Ventus and the way it moved, the ease at which it took the turns, causing her to oversteer at times. Kay was able to recover, fortunately, easing the accelerator when she felt as though she was losing control.

A large boulder took them by surprise.

As she made a quick turn to her right, the boulder that came down in a partial rockslide suddenly came into view. Kay banked quickly to the left to try to avoid it, but there wasn't enough time at her current speed. The Ventus clipped the side of the boulder as she moved past it, causing her to lose her balance and lose control. Another turn in the canyon was coming and she didn't have time to make it, so she jumped off, skidding and rolling to a hault on the canyon floor. The Ventus kept going, hitting the canyon wall and bouncing off to the adjacent ones before tipping over and sliding to a hault.

Kay's guard was also not so lucky, his own speeder hitting the boulder dead on, causing the bike to explode and sending the guard flying.

Billows of smoke rose into the air. Both Kay and her guard were unconscious, the latter far more worse for where than his charge. Only their breathing gave any signs of movement.

[member="Lady Kay"]

afc259fa524ad95684c279d108d51b25.jpg
Royalty wasn't the only one in the canyons that day. Salacia Consolidated crews were mapping a series of waterways in the desert, the thought being the knowledge would be use to the company in the near future. There was the possibility of experimenting with green energy. Minerals would be something of value to explore, should they secure a permit from the government of course.

Various workers sloshed through the clear water, either taking samples or measuring depth and width. There were records on file but Salacia preferred to have their own. It was easier. More accurate. Judah was out with the crews today, keen eye overseeing what was found. It was a debate if they wanted to set foot in Commenor. It had nearly everything they needed, a facility could do well to expand further.

Quiet in the canyons, it didn't take long for the crews to hear the rockslide. There was a mild bit of panic, Salacia employees were stuck at the very bottom after all. They would surely be buried. Tense moments later with eyes above them there was a call of safety. Looking about, someone pointed out smoke.

"We got a volunteer to hike to the top and take a look? We're not too sure about this planet, its important we don't get caught out here by the wrong people. There's some on every planet..."

Kay-Larr

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Darkness. That's all that Kay saw as her consciousness started to return. But the first thing that she noticed was sound. She could hear the wind through the canyon, and the fire burning the remains of one of the speederbikes. But that was it. Then came light, a small speck at first, yet slowly it grew as though she was in a dark tunnel and moving to the exit. Only once her sight became normal did she realize where she was.

Her sense of touch came next, moving in a slow wave starting from the top of her head and down along her body towards her feet. It was then that she realized that she was in an odd position. Pain shot up her right leg as she tried to straighten it, so she stayed still. Kay turned her head, looking around for her guard, yet he was out of her view, and she didn't want to risk getting up just yet. So instead she called out for him, her voice sounding quiet at first, but then it got louder. "Lir...? Lir..? Are you alright? Can you hear me?"

She fished for her commlink in her jacket pocket, however as it was brought out, Kay tossed it. The commlink was crushed on one side, making it inoperable. Perhaps Lir's would have survived. In a moment she'll check. She just wanted to rest a little bit longer....

[member="Lady Kay"]

Judah volunteered to hike to the top with a hired geologist, a contract worker. The Rodian named Tak puffed along next to him as they climbed to the top, stopping to look to see if they had any 'friends' lurking in the desert canyons. Both crested the top, staring out at the fire. Tak pulled out his macrobionoculars, scanning the horizon, trying to get a better read on the fire.

"Looks like a crash. Did we hear anything overhead? Could be a small atmospheric transport."

Blue eyes squinted, unsure.

"Let's go take a look. I want to be sure. Never know..."

Judah and Tak set off for the group of landspeeders in the distance, soon racing across the desert to see the fire for themselves. It wouldn't take long to reach the area near the fire at the pace they were on. Flat, dusty land passed beneath them until the rolling waves of smoke were close. Coming to a halt a distance away, Judah grabbed a blaster with Tak backing him up.

"We see something, radio back. Get the rest of the crew out..."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

Peering over the edge, Judah saw a hulk of burning wreckage that wasn't atmospheric. It looked land based. Speeders or military vehicles. The wreck made it very difficult to tell the original form of something. He turned, looking at Tak.

"I'm going down, watch my back."

Kay-Larr

Kay very well could have healed herself, but given that most of the time she hid her Force Sensitivity, she chose not to. Afterall, it'd look pretty strange if she were to come out from a bad accident without a scratch on her. It was bound to raise a few eyebrows, as well as suspicions. In her line of work, she couldn't have that.

Minutes ticked away as she lay there and still she didn't hear anything from Lir. Kay slowly sat herself up, favouring her right leg as she balanced herself. Looking down upon it, she saw what was causing it pain; a gash cut down the calf, no doubt caused by a sharp rock as she came off her speederbike. Ever so carefully, she gripped the fabrig of her pant leg and tore it open, her hands shaking a little as she saw the little pebbles and bits of dirt clinging to the sticky blood that flowed from the wound. That'll need to get cleaned up. Of course she didn't have a first aid pack on her. There was water not far off though, a river if she remembered correctly.

"Lir? Lir, are you awake?" Now that she was sitting up, Kay could see more of the accident scene. Her eyes were drawn to the fire first of all. It seemed as though there wasn't the chance of another explosion, but she wasn't completely sure. She looked for her guard next and spotted his crumpled form in the distance, about forty feet away. Wonderful. Clenching her jaw, Kay slowly got to her feet, biting back the pain with her stubborn determination. "Lir, I'm coming! Hold tight!"

And then she saw the movement of [member="Judah Dashiell"] walking around the turn that she had taken a while earlier that led to the crash. He had a blaster in hand and for the moment she had no idea of whether or not he was friend or foe. Did he cause the boulder to fall there? Was it all some trap set to ensare her? There was only one way to find out.

"Stop! Don't come any closer!" There was no fear in her voice, only the sound of authority.

[member="Lady Kay"]

His main focus was not to slide across the rocks. The hike down was steep and littered with loose gravel. Mix in the potential for the burning speeder bike to blow at any moment and it made the situation a little more than tense. Judah nearly slipped and fell when a voice broke across the valley.

Sliding to a stop, hands went into the air. Blaster was clearly visible in his left hand, finger off the trigger.

"Miss? Is everything alright?"

Clearly it wasn't but Judah couldn't move at the moment. He was still worried there were some unknown guns hiding nearby, waiting to prey on good samaritans.

Kay-Larr

Kay watched [member="Judah Dashiell"] as he raised both of his hands, clearly showing that he was armed, yet not giving off any sign of intent to use it on her. That was good.

She didn't move from where she stood, not wanting to show off her injuries just yet. Instead she just pointed to her bodyguard's body as he remained unconscious. "Not quite. We were going for a speederbike ride when there must've been a landslide. We were both knocked off our speederbikes and as you can see, he got the worst of it. I can't move him on my own...Are you able to help? Or at least call for help? My commlink was damaged during my fall." She hadn't yet gone over to Lir to check for his commlink. But that'll happen in time.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Hands remained raised, finger near the trigger of his blaster but not on it. He wasn't sure to keep up this position or to actually move. Blue eyes searched for an actual weapon on the woman. Not that it couldn't be hidden somewhere or the group could have others hidden, waiting for him to drop his guard.

Hand sort-of motioned to the man,still raised.

"I don't mind helping....but you shouldn't move him. Something could be seriously damaged. I would worry about making it worse. I've got my partner up on the ridge there, I'm sure he's already calling in for reinforcements. We're mapping a canyon nearby."

Kay-Larr

Kay's body relaxed a little as [member="Judah Dashiell"] seemed to be telling the truth. "Thank you. We're lucky that you're here."

She started to move towards Lir, doing her best not to limp herself. Her guard's situation was far more critical than hers was. It took her a bit, but she crouched down next to him, checking his vitals. His pulse was there, but weak, almost shallow. "Do you have a medkit?" Surely there was a chance that he did. Even though she was atupid enough not to pack one, it didn't mean that others were the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom