Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damn Damotite [First Order Dominion of Lanteeb]

070348cc1e68703b5842f21260a29a2d.jpg

"General Vaas, the ships are in position. All units are ready to proceed."

The black-clad First Order general momentarily turned from his perch at the window of the Adamant-class Star Destroyer Terminator, the blue-green orb of Lanteeb taking up nearly the entire view of the transparisteel window. Below decks, an entire legion of his best troops, personally commanded by Vaas, awaited his orders. Elsewhere around the Terminator, the rest of the First Order fleet was coming out of hyperspace, Star Destroyers suddenly appearing like sharp daggers in the blackness of space above Lanteeb.

Vaas' crystal-blue eyes locked with the subordinate officer. "Good. Send the dropships and commence with the surface attack."

This would also be the Navy's cue to establish space superiority above Lanteeb. However, despite the First Order's military strength, conquering Lanteeb would not be as simple as a hop, skip and a jump, Ludolf knew. The xenomorph aliens of the planet had been tipped off to the First Order's arrival - how the information was leaked he would never know, nor was it his concern. His only intention was to completely annihilate any of the partisan groups that had formed in opposition to the First Order, and secure this planet for humanity. Lanteeb's human population would be instrumental in this measure.

General Vaas turned away from the window and began to stalk out of the command deck.

"One more thing, Captain. Prepare my Walker."

Objective 1: Social/Political Takeover

Lanteeb is a planet colonized by xenophobic human settlers, with a small but vocal xeno minority. The First Order's objective is to curry political favor with the human settlers of Lanteeb to force a nationalist revolution. This may be done by any means necessary - political messages, populist demonstrations, and false flag operations to name a few. The humans of Lanteeb must be convinced that the First Order is the solution for their humanocentric nationalism.

Objective 2: Space Blockade and Control

The Blockade of Lanteeb. The First Order Fleet under orders from the Supreme Leader directed by High Command enter and establish Space superiority in orbit around Lanteeb. All First Order ships have established Rules of Engagement permitting opening fire on all non First Order vessels that enter Lanteeb space.

Objective 3: Ground Takeover

The Soldiers of the First Order will Descend to the Surface in dropships, targeted with capturing key strategic points on Lanteeb. The Damotite mines must be captured and secured for the First Order! There will be opposition from anti-First Order xeno rebels, as well as any other groups that wish to show up and contest our takeover.

Objective 4: Eliminate Enemy Opposition

Closely tied to Objective 3, Lanteeb's xeno partisans have heard of the First Order's rumored intentions to conquer Lanteeb and have armed themselves in response. The First Order military has been tasked with a search and destroy mission to completely eliminate the partisans. No mercy should be shown to these aliens - they are to be utterly liquidated as a fighting force.

Objective 5: Miscellaneous

Bring your own objective!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAH53qCO5U[/media]​

Objective: 4
Allies: The First Order
Enemies: Aliens of Lanteeb

The music started playing as The Disciple's Talon came out of hyperspace near the planet of Lanteeb, aboard it was Arthan Corvax and a very small squad of heavy stormtroopers including his most trusted sergeant. The Disciple of the Beyond was on a mission to make an example of the aliens on the planet, he would represent the Supreme Leader's lack of tolerance with dissent against the First Order.

It was ironic in a way.

Arthan, an alien, would be destroying other aliens at the wish of the semi-speciest Order which he was greatly loyal to. Currently the Zabrak sat in the passenger bay of the shuttlecraft going over a strategy with the troopers. Their target was a village that would not stand for humans, especially the First Order, they had armed themselves and added fortifications.

From the intelligence he received, the fortifications were little more than scrap that was hastily erected into a ten foot wall that surrounded the minuscule but overpopulated alien village. 'They will pay dearly, all of them...' Arthan thought to himself as the shuttle flew towards the surface of the planet.

He was sure of it.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"] @First Order

Objective: 1
Location: drop ship hanger the Adamant-class Star Destroyer Terminator

As Colrenth prepared to board the drop ship, his mind was timing was the devious and viscous intent and details of the false flag operations he would conducting as part of the military and political action, he double checked his gear and map which had had been marked with location of a lightly guarded xeno weapon cache. Satisfied all was in order he board the ship as the doors closes and ship headed for LZ on the planet below.

Objective: 3
Location: Command Dropship, Heading To Sector Alpha Zulu (Day 1)
Enemies: The Partisan Groups

Unlike my last invasion with the First Order where I had been given a small company to oversee, this time around I had been given full command of a small combat ready battalion that consisted of nearly five-hundred troops; spread out in the numerous dropships that were headed to our assigned landing zone. Alpha Zulu. I gave the proper speech all good commanders do before we departed the Star Destroyers, who no doubt where already moving into their tactical positions, to breath courage into those under my command. I held no reservations that I would bring them all back alive, just as they knew themselves that they would lose friends, drinking partners, and gambling partners today and in the ensuing days to come.

I stared at the holomap, memorizing the layout of both our landing area and travel path. There were a couple of strategic objectives my group needed to secure before moving onto the mines themselves, which was the true objective for this particular ground invasion. Since someone had tipped off our enemies that we were coming, High Command had stressed to us to prepare for heavy resistance.

"E.T.A. ten minutes to AZ," the pilot's voice boomed through the dropship's speakers, just as the first volley of anti-air projectiles began attempting to swat us out of the skies. We had expected heavy resistance, but not so close to our landing zone. "Lt. Jenop, notify the other dropship pilots to hover close to the ground so the troops can jump out. Tell them under no circumstances are they to land. No need to give our dance partners stationary targets to fire upon," I said to the pilot using the dropship's intercom system.

I produced my comlink that was channeled to the commanders that were in charge of the other four companies that comprised my battalion saying, "Order your troops to begin fanning out once they touch down and begin laying covering fire for the others. I want a perimeter formed at once where we can easily repel our attackers while maintaining a steady flow of troop dispersal and protection of the dropships."

I once heard that time stands still on the battlefield, well they were wrong. Those ten minutes were erased quickly and I jumped off the command dropship igniting my blades simultaneously, directing a few shots meant to kill me into the ground a few yards ahead of where I stood. From behind me and on both of my flanks, my troops began returning fire quickly into the enemy ranks, breaking their lines and sending some of them fleeing. Only the bravest of the enemy stood there ground willing to stand toe-to-toe with the might of the First Order's elite troops.

"I want those karking anti-air emplacements rendered useless," I shouted to the nearest company commander.

Jarren Velos

Scholar and gentleman, most of the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29eREwa2eFA

Objective: 2
Enemies: Lanteeb's partisan forces

Captain Jarren observed the quiet planet's surface through the wide overlook of his bridge. It always astonished him how quiet, peaceful and inmensely passive all planets looked from their orbits, unknowing and indiferent of their destinies. Poor old Lanteeb itself looked in complete stillness, impervious to the fact that death and destruction were about to rain down over it in massive waves of fire and steel, searing its quiet surface, disfiguring its very skin. The people would suffer greatly; there would be severe losses, homes and cities destroyed and whatnot, but the planet would endure, just inadvertingly shrugging off even the greatest of damages that their weapons could inflict upon its surface. It would not harm it. Life would go on. Sometimes sacrifices are needed for a greater good and although he didn't much like to think about it that way, the rebellious population of Lanteeb was one of many sacrifices to be made. A slight chill came down his spine as the voice of lieutenant Vark awoke him from his interior monologue.

- Sir, we are fully in position and operational, we await instructions. - Said the lieutenant's voice echoing from behind Jarren. - Good, we'll set up the shifts for the sensor operators now for 24 hours; we must be vigilant. Set the engines at minimum and ensure that the starfighters are armed and well supplied... Apart from that, all that is left for us to do is to wait for our prey, and the oportunity will present itself. - Vark nodded and left with a "yessir!", leaving the captain once again alone with his thoughts on the high bridge of the Overseer, overseeing everything as the First Order's grip slowly tightened around Lanteeb's fearful, unsuspecting neck, soon to be broken and subdued to the will of the Supreme Leader as the events started to flow into motion. Jarren smiled knowingly to himself and left without another word, his shiny, well tarnished boots echoing against the metal bridge's surface with every firm step he took in his way to the exit.

Objective: 3
Location: Command Dropship, Heading To Sector Alpha Zulu (Day 1)
Enemies: The Partisan Groups

"Suppressing fire on those emplacements," I ordered the troops gathered close to me while I continued to knock down bolts. One of the Commanders eagerly took his company toward the anti-air emplacements, destroying one but was having difficulty reaching the other and was nearly pinned down. Hence my suppressing fire order. Another Commander, whose full compliment of soldiers completely landed began fighting their way to one of the other emplacements, dividing the enemy's attention.

"Commander Kaory, have your heavy assault troops target the far left emplacement," I said into the comlink. Commander Kaory's heavy assault troops began opening fire using launchers, that quickly rocked and knocked out the emplacement. "On me," I yelled to the troops close to me, and led a charge toward the emplacement on the right, just as Commander Tro rallied his pinned soldiers and began advancing on the emplacements. The other two remaining companies dealt with the stragglers, killing them with pin-point accuracy.

Being the only one on the battlefield with a lightsaber, I managed to attract attention from the enemy as we drew closer to them. Using the Force to assist me, I enhanced my speed and shot through the ranks of troops, slicing my way through them while my boys unleashed hell on their comrades. I reached the poorly defended anti-air emplacement, since the enemy elected to throw their strength in the front, unaware that they left the machine practically undefended, minus a few soldiers.

I dealt with them thoroughly, then lept on top of the anti-air gun and sliced through it's barrel with both of my blades; silencing it. The gunner clumsily tried to eject himself from his seat, and again using the Force I shoved him back into his seat and lunged forward driving both blades into his chest. I looked around the battlefield, taking notice how quickly we began to route the welcoming committee. One after the one the last of the guns fell silent, while the surviving enemy forces finally broke and retreated. "Let them go!"

I hopped down from the ruined gun making my way to the gathering company Commanders. "I want detailed casualty reports from each of your companies. Then we reform and head toward our first objective." One of the Commanders asked, "What shall we do with the prisoners." Since we had been forced to deal with this minor annoyance, we didn't have time to catalog them and ship them to one of the prison barges in space. "Execute them."

Objective 5

The soft hiss of the main bulkhead doors leading to the bridge of the Terminator was barely audible over the dull roar of crew members and equipment working in a symphony of precision and tactical efficiency. None of that particularly mattered to the Master of Ren, however. Folds of dark blue and gray glided lightly over the treated deck to the soft cadence of rubber footfalls.

"One more thing, Captain. Prepare my Walker."

Silver-green eyes met the onyx-clad form of General Ludolf Vaas, a close adviser and confidant of the Supreme Leader. At least, that was what the Sith Lord had surmised from his, fortunately, limited dealings with Sieger Ren. Granted, the frequency of contact seemed to be growing far and far more routine in the wake of the disappearance of the Order of Ren's previous...steward. "General Vaas..." Ciardha Ren's deep voice called from beneath the cover of his cloak's hood.

Stopping his progression, the Master of Ren offered the General a subtle nod. "Itching to join the First Order's forces on the battlefield as always, I see." Whereas [member="Ludolf Vaas"] was not particularly concerned about how classified information had been leaked outside of official channels, the Supreme Leader apparently was. Hence the necessity for Cameron's presence during the current campaign. The specific objectives lacked any real...principle for the Order's involvement.

Still - it was a decent battlefield for a great many of their younger members to prove their worth, completing trials which they had yet to face.

Stepping aside, Cameron motioned towards the command deck's exit. "Don't let me keep you. Good hunting, General."

Allies: [member="Arthan Corvax"]

The shuttle bay doors opened, revealing a dark silhouette in their frame. Corvax's master, Greifen Ren, made his presence known when he peeled back his dark cowl, his fiery red eyes tainted with the presence of the Dark Side locking onto his Zabrak Disciple. Across from him, through the ship's viewport, the atmosphere of Lanteeb was coming into view. They would be landing within the minute.

"My Disciple," Ren said in a low voice to Arthan, though the rest of the Stormtroopers present could also here. "We must finish this job quickly. We have more pressing matters to attend to once these partisans are liquidated."

Then, Greifen could feel the ship touching down on Lanteeb's soil. Only a second later, the ship's hatch opened and the Stormtroopers began to scramble out. It was only then that Greifen was able to get a look at the enemy's fortifications; crude to be sure, but slung together with a desperation that told him that there would be no chance of surrender for the aliens inhabiting this particular town. They all had to die.

Greifen stepped out into the sunlight for the first time, the sun itching against his pale skin and causing him to squint and pull his cowl back over his head. "These aliens are sloppy and uncivilized, but beware a desperate enemy, my Disciple."

Objective: 1: false flag OPS

As the ship began it’s descent to LZ Colrenth took the opportunity to brief the selected few trooper that would be assisting him. “Listen up troopers, we are to conduct false flag operations, the objective is is make the human populace to believe the xenomophs are attacking them, I also to plan to make it look as if the xenos are being backed or aided by the resistance. To this end you have been equipped with holo projectors that will make you appear to xenos, I wal also plant holo projectors around our targets before we began an assault to will give the appearance that xenos are being support by resistance fighters. Once we land we are to make our way to a lightly guarded xeno weapons cache, secure the weapons and use those for the assaults. These operations are being carried out in conjuncture with political operations to get the human to side with and join the order, failure is not an option.” He said in his typical cold emotionless tone and heavy imperial accent.

As Kajtia prepped her TIE advanced to drop to the surface of Lanteeb, she continued to recite the mission objective in her head. No mercy to those alien non human scum. Kajtia was of Sajnen origin, a place very far from where the place she had come to call her home, The First Order was. Her home worlds were predominantly human, just like the First Order, and just like the First Order that she severed now, her previous faction was one that had little or no tolerance for non humans. Kajtia and The First Order were a match made in heaven so to speak.

Kajtia would hop into her fighter, all suited up and ready. Ignition, sequence, start. Her TIE Advanced came to life as Kajtia was then cleared for take off and promptly left the Terminator's hangar bay and rapidly descended towards the planet's surface below. As per her mission objectives, she would hunt for any Partisan scum and show absolute no mercy. She intended to kill any Partisan she found, them, their families, children if any, the lot. All in the name of humanity and the First Order.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

Allies: The First Order, [member="Greifen Ren"]

Arthan was observing the small map of the village that he had created when his master entered the area that he and the troopers were. His head snapped to attention while Ren's eyes focused upon the Disciple as he began to speak to him, "My Disciple, We must finish this job quickly. We have more pressing matter s to attend to once these partisans are liquidated." The Ren had said, just loud enough for both Arthan and the stormtroopers to hear him.

He stood up just as the shuttlecraft landed on the hard ground of Lanteeb, allowing the stormtroopers to move past him and down the ramp as he follow closely behind his master. They both went down the ramp onto the terrain and into the sunlight, a blaster bolt whizzed towards but stupidly far from Arthan as it missed even the shuttle by two meters, the enemy was desperate enough to hastily erect a wall and to waste ammo.

The Disciple heard his master speak once again, stating that the aliens were sloppy but desperate and to beware them. Arthan gave a subtle but noticeable nod to Ren, meanwhile the stormtroopers were formed up and awaiting orders from their force-sensitive leaders, hoping to get this done quickly and precisely just as his master wanted.

"If I may master, I suggest we find a route to the village with an adequate amount of cover. Even sloppy they are still armed and stormtrooopers cannot deflect laser blasts." Arthan said, hoping that his master would not get irate at him for stating the obvious.

Enemies: Lanteeb partisans

Knowing that his Disciple understood him, Greifen then unfurled his lightsaber. The men could use the cover of hills and trees to move closer to the hastily defended village, but sooner or later it would require a full frontal assault to take the gates.

"Divide our forces and move half along the village's right flank," Greifen said to Arthan. "Then we shall set up our heavy weapons and bombard the walls. This pissant village is not worth wasting an aerial assault on."

Of course, that would be too easy, and part of Greifen's purpose here was to test his apprentice. Arthan needed time in combat, he needed to feel his blade meeting flesh a few times, in order to truly develop his skills as a Knight of Ren.

"Let's move," Ren said, immediately igniting his crimson lightsaber. He moved along the village's left flank at the head of half of the Stormtrooper company, a move that did not go unnoticed by the village's defenders. Soon blaster bolts were headed his way, which were met by swings of his red blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCHsO6cwx8​
N O W
Objective 4: Eliminate Opposition

The heat from the confined plasma seared the underside of the boy's chin.

The flash of a green lightsaber momentarily blinding as the youngling ducked into a backbend to avoid the sweep of the blade which passed within a mere centimeter of his nose. Springing into a handstand, the small Pantoran threw his momentum into a straight leg kick that connected with the Jedi's jaw. As the boy's legs swung over, the Pantoran sprang as though from a backflip.

A blue blade cut in.

Weaving lightly on the balls of his feet, the blue skinned assassin avoided two sweeps of a padawan's shoto, using a feint and jab technique to step inside of the other youngling's defense. A jab to the solar plexus took him off guard. Knife hand across the face took his balance. Rotate, step... the Pantoran drove a knee up between the other boy's legs, doubling the padawan over even as the young Sith latched onto his lightsaber arm and used it for leverage.

Step back, pull up, around. Jedi 'mini me' went tumbling head over feet as he was disarmed and discarded in a single motion.

At least now Boo had a weapon. Adjusting his grip on the stolen padawan lightsaber, the Pantoran pressed a thumb down on the activator even as he dropped back into a ready stance to meet the Jedi Knight that was coming toward him. The blue blade flashed into existence with a snap-hiss... "ARGH!" Pain shot up his arm. The blue blade was flickering wildly, as though it had become a candle in the wind.

News flash, genius. The Jedi kid was using a Solari crystal.

Snapping his arm forward, the Pantoran put a telekinetic assist on the toss as he chucked the useless lightsaber at the Jedi. He was jumping out of the way, so he missed the reaction as the handle smacked the man right in the face. Backflipping neatly, the spry young acrobat bounded several yards apart to put some distance between him and the Jedi pair. As he'd suspected, Dudley Dooright stopped his attack in order to check on the Boy Wonder, giving them both a break in the fighting.

...well, maybe not a break in the fighting.

A blaster bolt sailed a few inches from him. The boy ducked back to avoid two more, as an insurgent sniper seemed to be bearing down on him. As the boy's yellow eyes gazed around, he saw only smoke. A burning village, as stromtroopers moved in concert with shadows striking from out of the urban battlefield they had discovered here. Bodies, some in white armor and some civilians, smoldered on the ground as the sounds of open warfare echoed like thunder.

This was soooooooo not going according to the plan...

T H E N
First Order Star Destroyer Valiant
1 Hour Earlier

"...intelligence reports indicate the hub of insurgent activity in this region to be focused on the town of Majeb. The First Division, 137th, will be focused on suppression, isolation, and then eradication of the stronghold there."

The young Pantoran was tucked away in the back of the briefing room. To be honest, he didn't even know why he was here. Which, probably was not helped by the fact that Angry Mynocks was much, much more interesting than whatever decrepit corpse of a Moff they'd dragged out to give this briefing. All this strategy and stuff about how they were doing to bring Lanteeb under control was more information than he needed to know. He was an assassin. Give him a target and then just let him go. He could figure the rest out for himself.

"There are some concerns that the insurgents may try to escape once the fighting breaks out. In that unlikely eventuality, the most likely destination to regroup would be here," the man said, as the holo support created various topographic maps to illustrate the area he was talking about. Trailing south from the metropolitan hub, the man highlighted what looked like an old mining town that had gone bust. "Rocantor Bay Colony. A single squad from the 557th will be dispatched. While intelligence believes the community there to be of no consequence, they will be escorted by a Knight of Ren for combat support, should any be required."

"-tt-" the Pantoran uttered with a click of his tongue. Babysitting job. What feth up of a disciple was [member="Cameron Centurion"] shafting with that boring job?

"Chiyo Ren."

Wut?

"You have been nominated to accompany the squad."

The Pantoran just blinked, as he found every pair of eyes in the briefing room suddenly turned to face where the youngling was holding a HoloBoy Advanced that had his game up over the screen. What had just happened?

"Please remember to keep your face concealed. Our Supreme Leader desires that Lanteeb be made into an obedient province. It is therefore necessary, for the time being, for the populace to believe ours is a humanist agenda."

Great. So he was babysitting a blue milk run, and stuffed inside his armor for however long it took to declare victory.

This was going to be one boring invasion.

Enemies: Aliens of Lanteeb / Partisans

As Kajtia saw a group of Partisans on the ground, they in turn saw her TIE Advanced approaching. The bursts of green from her fighter's laser cannons would suddenly come to life. Hitting the ground where the Partisans stood. Dirt and rocks could be seen flying through the air as well as bodies. Kajtia made a pass over where they had been and then turned her ship around for a second attack ran. The remaining two aliens were fleeing. They were trying to protect someone. Kajtia would once again light up her cannons, vaporising the remaining Partisans. Who were they protecting? Kajtia would find out and silence the lot of them.

She landed her ship gently on the rough terrain. She got out armed with a blaster and several bladed weapons. The tall Imperial pilot and agent of the First Sith scanned the area. Then she saw it. Five of them. Three women and two children of those disgusting alien creatures. So that's who they were protecting. That's who she would be killing next. She approached them. Fear, fear and the sense of helplessness could be seen in all their eyes. She raised her blaster and killed the two children and their mother first. Then she shot the next in both knees to maim her. She would be made to watch as Kajtia would use her bladed weapon to kill the other, her youngest sister.

"No, no please! Mercy on us please!"

"You deserve done. You will get none. The Order has sent me here to wipe you out. All of you."

Kajtia then slashed her throat, then proceeded to grab her by the top of the head and stab her straight between the eyes. Kajtia could feel the knife penetrating the young alien woman's skull, feel her life force drain as she pulled the weapon from her head and dropped the dead body on the ground.

"Your turn scumbag!"

Kajtia starred the slightly older sister in the eye, kicking her in the gut as she lay helplessly on the ground after Kajtia had shot both of her knees. She bent down and lifted her head. Smiling at her with the look of an assassin.

"It feels better killing you bastards up close and personal, than simply blowing you from the air with my ship. Now time to be reunited with your family!"

Kajtia's smile turned into an expression of hatred as she slashed at the alien woman's throat and face. The alien wasn't quite dead yet however. Kajtia would just leave her as be for several minutes, just to let her suffer a little before finally ending her by stabbing her several times in the heart. The alien would twitch a little, breathe her last few breaths before finally laying still forever. Kajtia then got up, spat on the dead alien and made her way back to her ship, where she would take off once again searching for more enemy targets to slay.

Arjant Clevenger

A
Objective: 5
Allies: [member="Cameron Centurion"], FO personnel
Enemies: Soon™

On the bridge of the Terminator was a hooded man that stood several meters away from Cameron, and that hooded man was a student of the Master of Ren. He had no mere knowledge of the planet they were conquering for the First Order, but he did know that his presence was to be expected by his Master and the Supreme Leader. It'd be quite a shame if Ezra didn't make an appearance to the battle, and that would cost him a great deal of punishment which would bring humiliation to the Dark Jedi. The young Denkoe did his best to avoid such hardship since the First Order despised weakness and laziness from every branch of the government, and those flawed factors were something that Cameron also hated too. As an apprentice to the Master of Ren, Ezra would do his best to impress his Mentor even if it cost him a limb or an organ.

The Disciple saw Cameron's dialogue with a general of the First Order who was someone that Ezra had no idea of. After the dialogue would end, the Dark Jedi would approach his Master and come up to his side. He was curious on what they would be doing to bring this planet into the fold of the First Order. "Master, if I may, what will we be doing on this planet," the apprentice asked in a curious tone. By now, they should've been on a shuttle and aid the soldiers on the ground below. He waited for the response of Cameron to his question.

Objective: Undecided
Allies: [member="Cameron Centurion"]
Enemies: None Yet

Turning at the sound of Ciardha Ren's voice, General Vaas pivoted on one neatly shined boot to find the Master of Ren standing behind him. Even he, a General of the First Order, was not privy to all the dealings of the Knights of Ren, as they preferred to keep their business secretive even within the Order, but he was at least on familiar terms with Cameron Centurion. Vaas had met him at the First Order Military Ball on Dosuun, and had since learned that he had taken the reins of the Knights. Ciardha's words caused a hint of amusement to display on the General's face, as his lip upturned slightly. It was the closest thing to a smile that Vaas usually managed.

"I would have it no other way, Master of Ren," Ludolf nodded. It was generally known that Vaas was a General who liked to lead from the front. He could often be found in the thick of the fray, participating right alongside his troops. It was both a positive and a negative trait; positive in that his presence inspired morale in his troops, negative in that Vaas himself became a target, which could prove problematic to the First Order's command chain if he were ever eliminated.

Turning, Ludolf began to make his way to the hangar bay, but not before stopping before Cameron.

"I do not know what objectives the Knights have been given, but if you need any support from me and my men, you need but make the call. You know my comm frequency."

Objective 5
Allies: [member="Ludolf Vaas"] | [member="Ezra Denko"]
Enemies: None Yet

Silver-green eyes remained locked on the General as he prepared to depart. A final, subtle nod of the head was all Cameron bothered to offer in response. Though his interactions with General Vaas had been limited, he respected the man for his tactical prowess and efficient command practices.

No sooner had General Vaas departed than Cameron's apprentice stepped forward to inquire as to their purpose during this operation. Truth be told, Cameron had no grand plans of direct involvement just yet. He preferred to remain in reserve, watching and monitoring the flow of the Force. There were Jedi here, to be sure, but they were taking great care to remain...incognito for the moment. Plus, there was the matter of discreetly investigation the information breach among the senior members assigned to the Task Force. The Sith Lord did not wish to jump to any conclusions, however.

"We have no direct objectives to execute jointly, my young apprentice. Today...you are being granted the opportunity to prove your competency in Command. You have seen and learned much from me...but you can only truly understand the burden of leadership through experience." Turning to face Ezra directly, Cameron delivered the remainder of the tasking information. "You are to join Disciple [member="Clovis Torcularis"] in sector Alpha Zulu. He has taken command of a battalion of troops there - a decision made somewhat prematurely. I'm redirecting you both to take command of two companies from said battalion. I'll retask your companies to specific areas of the planet as things...develop. Report to me when you have arrived."

Turning from Ezra, Cameron stepped away in the direction of a tactical display projected over nearby officers supervising the ongoing establishment of the blockade. When he arrived, he accessed a terminal to dispatch a brief message to Disciple Torcularis.

Disciple,

It is my understanding that you were asked to assume command of a battalion in the First Order's current affairs. Rest assured this decision was not made by the Order of Ren. I'm countermanding the order, and placing you at the head of two of the battalions five companies. Disciple Ezra Denko is enroute to assume command of another two. I will have specific tasking for you both in due time - for now, continue your efforts in support of the battalion. Reinforcements will be directed to you shortly to compensate for prospective reassignment.

Objective: Stop the Fascists
Allies: 1 x Alliance Recon Platoon
Enemies: [member="Greifen Ren"] | [member="Arthan Corvax"]

Accurately...Isar was not a member of the Alliance Military. Unlike the Knights of Ren, the members of the New Jedi Order were not simply given the right to command by virtue of their command over the Force. Isar, like most members of the NJO, knew tragically little about the existence of the Knights of Ren. The fact that it did not exist as an entity for the people simply made it easier to conceal. Still...Isar recalled the feeling he'd experienced on Karfeddion. He had never seen the entity that seemed to be ripping apart the fabric of the Force around the slave camp, but he'd read the reports and heard the stories from those he'd pulled from the chaos.

It did not paint an encouraging picture - particularly with the First Order so close to Galactic Alliance space. Now there were rumors of yet another Sith government making moves out here on the fringes of the galaxy.

"Kislo!" The whispered voice carried a sense of urgency and no lack of authority.

Shifting his glacier-blue gaze, the young boy pushed his personal thoughts aside. "Yeah, LT?"

"Scouts report enemy transports just landed over the ridge. Roughly half a company strength of Stormtroopers disembarked... Take a fireteam and investigate, we'll setup to ."

Isar blinked slightly as his mind immediately rolled over the tactical impact of their actions. "Alright." Motioning to the four men he worked with most often, the young Jedi Padawan began moving out to parallel the position of the partisan camp. The closer they got, the more audible the deafening screams became. That wasn't the concern, the concern was how quickly said screams seemed to be silenced. Just as they were about to take position, a report came over Isar's headset.

"Kislo - we got a problem. Looks like two glowstick jockies are preparing to enter the village."

The information about the First Order's potential advance on Lanteeb had come far too late for some massive scale deployment. The Recon Platoon to which Isar was temporarily assigned had been one of the first units to deploy, and he hadn't yet seen any information on reinforcement. Still... "We're going to need reinforcements like...yesterday."

"Yeah I'm on it - the rest of the platoon is still moving into engagement position."

"They're going to kill these villagers before you have time to be in position, Lieutenant."

"Just do your job."

Isar grit his teeth as he motioned for his fireteam to use the terrain to set up a hasty OP. Much of the terrain between them and the village was exposed, and Isar had no intentions of attempting to blatantly cross it just yet. Fortunately, he did have one recon sniper with him. "Don't engage but see if you can identify command personnel." Stormtroopers usually denoted rank with special shoulder pads, he recalled from past experience. (Experience which was actually...implanted memory)

Enemies: [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Marcello's blonde hair flapped wildly in the turbulent air that was a combination of mother nature and warm exhaust from the assault shuttle that had carried him to the embattled colony. Part of a small number of alliance forces that had traveled to Lanteeb just a few short days prior after an encrypted communique was intercepted from the fringes of First Order territory, Marcello was struggling just to barely control the chaos that had descended upon the planet. Naturally, their initial efforts to warn the government of Lanteeb had mostly gone without any true movement. The xenophobic government hadn't seemed to be particularly concerned, so it had left the alliance without much of a leg to stand on.

Not that it mattered, most of them had long since grown accustom to taking action that was necessary to safeguard the defenseless regardless of local government support. For that reason, they were often painted as terrorists or poodoo disturbers. Marcello's response to that? He absolutely was, and he would continue to upset the establishment wherever he found that it was merely a shell for tyranny and oppression. The entire galaxy was already engulfed in war, it was folly to presume that half-measures would be effective any time in the near future.

Glacier-blue eyes focused on the principal dark presence in the colony, but the sight of an adolescent blue-skinned boy off near the horizon certainly put a pause into the Jedi Master's stride. "Great..." So now it fell to them to kill a child? Perhaps people had a point about the narrowing of the gap between the sides of this war.

Igniting the dark-blue blade of his lightsaber, the large Rogue Jedi darted forward, delaying only enough to engage the occasional stromtrooper that fired an errant blaster bolt his way.

Enemies: [member="Isar Kislo"]

Once Greifen and his men were in position, the Knight of Ren had a chance to survey the village before him. From behind the cover of several trees, he could see that the village walls were lined with alien defenders. Hopefully, Corvax was moving around the opposite flank and surrounding the village.

They were not alone here, as well - Greifen sensed another presence in the Force. Evidently the alien partisans had time to receive certain reinforcements before the battle would commence. Greifen did not know who they were, but he had an idea.

Meanwhile, his stormtroopers were setting up their positions using what cover they could find, while a distance behind them, one of the First Order's Ballistarius-Class Mobile Artillery Units that had been purchased from the Archangel company moved into position.

"Tell the mobile artillery unit to fire when ready," Greifen said to the Stormtrooper Captain next to him, who would issue the commands to the unit's droid brain.

His men were protected from the sound by way of their helmets, but Greifen made note to prepare his ears for the eruption.

The unit's purpose would be to bring down the walls of the village with its ballistic cannon. An air of silence hung in the field between the Stormtroopers and the village, until suddenly the silence was broken by a thunderous clap that shook the earth beneath Greifen's feet, causing him to grip the dirt between his fingers as he clung to the ground beside him and kept his head down. The roar of the cannon announced a ballistic shell aimed directly at the walls of the village. It was music to his ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom