Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Czerka-class Medium Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
u_kalanda_concept_ship_by_vanishin-d3g1tn6.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide ATC and Haven Shipyards and its customers with a reliable vessel for the ferrying of cargo.
  • Development Thread: N/A
  • Image Source: Here
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Haven Shipyards
  • Model: Haven-class Medium Transport
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Glasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Support
  • Role: Cargo/Personnel Transportation
  • Height: 35 meters
  • Width: 45 meters
  • Length: 75 meters
  • Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
  • Hyperdrive Rating: 2.0
  • Minimum Crew: 5
  • Optimal Crew: 12
  • Passenger Capacity: 30
  • Cargo Capacity: 15,000 metric tons
  • Consumables: 6 months
  • Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4
ARMAMENTS
  • Laser Cannon Turrets (6)
NON-COMBATIVE ATTACHMENTS
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Shield Generation Systems
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Sensory Array
  • Navicomputer
  • Escape Pods
DESCRIPTION

The Haven-class Medium Transport is a relatively straightforward vessel devised by Haven Shipyards to fulfill a dire need of the corporation: the transportation of its goods. As such, the company's design team fabricated a durable vessel that could adequately defend itself from the average pirate vessel whilst also possessing the capacity to ferry metric tons of quality products all about the Galaxy. Thus, the Haven-class Medium Transport was born, composed of a reinforced durasteel frame and hull plating. In addition, the corporation decided to utilize break-freight loading and unloading which allows the vessel to carry more per trip than housing all the goods in individual crates. However, this method of loading the transports takes an extended period of time to both load and unload, potentially causing the time at port to last anywhere from a day to a week. As a whole, this vessel is the beginning of a new generation of starships designed by Haven Shipyards and is poised to serve the corporation and its customers admirably.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Tyri Lsu"]
Mkay, just a few things.

Tyri Lsu said:
Classification: Transport
The only three classifications accepted at this time are Balanced, Assault, and Support. I'm assuming this is support?

Tyri Lsu said:
Cargo Capacity: 15,000 metric tons
Is this break-freight or container-freight? Reason I ask is because if this is container-freight, meaning all cargo is loaded into prefabricated containers and then loaded into the ship (this allows faster loading/unloading times at the cost of a lower amount of overall cargo), I can't see this being accurate on a ship this small. If this is break-freight, all cargo is loaded up as is and stacked/positioned/situated throughout the hull of the vessel to maximize loading space at the cost of a longer loading/unloading time, I can see that. As this is basically a mining/ore transport, I'm assuming break-freight?

Tyri Lsu said:
Laser Cannon Turrets (6)
Just to clarify, you didn't place point defense on the ship at all to gain the two extra cannons?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Tyri Lsu"]
Mkay, go ahead and list the classification as a support ship (I think this'd qualify as a Corvette if I'm not mistaken) as a Transport is technically the Role

Go ahead and list Break-Freight in the description, including that it is slower than Container-Freight to load/unload, but carries more per trip.

@ me when done and you should be good to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom