Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Run on Dantooine

It was him and his Master, [member="Nemene Talith"] landing their starship upon the planet of Dantooine. They were there so that they may find crystals in the Crystal Caves upon the planet and construct Aeon's lightsaber for him. Or construct several. Or, better yet, just hoarding them because you could do that when you're a Sith.

It had been recently that he had gained his promotion to Sith Knight within the ranks of the New Order, but his one true Master was still Nemene Talith, and she was still the one that he spent most of his time training with, when he wasn't with the New Order, or just journeying around the Galaxy on his own. He had a lightsaber that he had procured from his time with the New Order, but it wasn't his, he had just taken it from the armoury of one of the planets in the New Order's influence, and decided to make it his until the time had come that he wanted to make his own.

He had always wanted to make his own lightsaber, but he had never felt too inclined in doing so. Until now. So when the ramp of their ship opened up, the newly made Sith Knight strolled down the ramp as if he owned the planet already, the black cylindrical object that was his borrowed lightsaber bouncing off of his waist, and his Master descending behind him maybe, he was ready to get his crystals.

"We landed close by. It should only be a few minutes if we run." He said, clearly speaking about using the Force, and quite possibly just wanting to race his Master there. A childish want, but he wanted to see at how far he had progressed in his Apprenticeship to her, and his training from multiple Masters across the Galaxy.

His footsteps were already becoming longer and he was starting to move into a light jog before he let the Force take him and push him into the Force speed that he wanted.

Lira Dajenn

L
Nemene's stride never quickened, there was no point in it to her. The apprentice moved quickly, clearly in a rush to reach the caves.

He had a lightsaber from his...friends in the New Order, but the weapon was not his own. Unlike Nemene's lightsaber pike he had no constructed it, nor had he chosen the crystal and carefully crafted the other materials. Constructing your own lightsaber was a right of passage to most Jedi and Sith, for Aeon it was no different.

Under Nemene's tutelage he would construct the perfect lightsaber for himself, beginning with the crystal. The caves on Dantooine were not known for their allegiance to the Sith colors, in act the crystals here were more often than not blue or green, but that did not mean they weren't there. Her own lightsaber crystal was artificial, made by her father and grown on Byss, but that was more a personal touch than anything else.

As soon as Aeon was out of sight Nemene quickened her stride.

She moved quickly, though not as fast as she possibly could. Nemene did not want to waste energy. While Dantooine was no longer controlled by any one faction, that didn't mean much. Dozens of Jedi still ventured here, and worse, Sith. If they were to run into anyone...it would not due to be weakened because of a childs game.

Only a few minutes later Nemene caught up to her apprentice at the entrance to the crystal caves...or one of them at least. “Do you sense anyone?”

Nemene didn't, but that didn't mean much.
[member="Aeon Caedus"]

He remained at the crystal caves, waiting for his Master and when she came he turned around to wait until she came into speaking distance. There was in fact no one in his own range that he could sense, but what he could sense was the faint 'life' of crystals within the cave beyond. It was extremely faint, it could have only been an illusion if anything, or someone trying their beast to conceal their presence. Whichever it was, he was going to go and investigate it.

"No I do not."

He rotated his head slowly while he looked around, though his eyes moved back and forth and all around quite quickly. He was determined to find out if there was actually anyone else upon the planet, or at least in there area, and once he was certain there was no one nearby, he said, "there is no one that I can sense."

Turning on his heels, he folded his hands behind his back and then started upon his way into the cave. It wasn't meant to take long, it was supposed to be in and out while they were there, and he meant his mission to do that. There were other specific parts that he wanted added to his lightsaber. Cortosis ore within the hilt would prevent it from being sheared in half and cutting through his crystal chamber, thus deactivating his lightsaber, but that was expensive and he was certain that his Master didn't want to go raiding Cortosis mines. Especially when there were only two of them.

Once he had passed the threshold into the crystal caves he didn't sense anything before the aforementioned presence of the crystals, but now that he had entered he couldn't even see them. It was probably because they were only at the entrance of the cave, but along the walls...It was just rock. He continued downwards.

"How long ago did you make your own lightsaber?"

[member="Nemene Talith"]

Lira Dajenn

L
Nemene followed behind her apprentice, a certain listless glaze forming over her eyes.

She had been to Dantooine once before, a long time ago. When she had just escaped the outer rim and learned of her fathers death she had come here. Not to explore the crystal caves, but to find an associate of her fathers, someone who had supposedly known him. She failed in that quest, and had left Dantooine behind without a second thought.

“I've had two.” Nemene said as they stepped further into the cave. “I forged neither. Only modified. Though making them is simple enough once you know how.”

She pondered for a moment as they wandered through the darkness, orange eyes glowing brightly as they turned another bleak corner.

“My first was a Saber-staff, a gift from my father. I was nine when he gave it to me. Saber-staff's are highly unpredictable, mastering them takes time, and truthfully in actual combat they are less effective than a standard lightsaber, but it is the surprise of fighting one, that is what ends your opponent.” That was why she had loved her staff. No one had ever properly countered her saber-staff. The double bladed lightsaber was exceptionally tricky to fight, keeping track of both blades was difficult even for most masters.

She paused a moment, then continued. “My current weapon, the pike, was given to me by Evelynn. It is a weapon made to outlast your opponent. Built for defense, not attack. With this i can fight for hours with minimal effort, keeping my opponent at bay until they tire themselves. Then, i need only land the finishing strike.”

Nemene spoke with all the knowledge of a blademaster, just as her father would have.
[member="Aeon Caedus"]

He nodded his head as they descended deeper and his subconscious made him aware that they were only getting closer to the crystals, and yet, he still didn't see anything. It was aggravating to say the least, but he knew he wouldn't leave that cave until he had gotten his crystals. And the fact that the crystal caves upon the planet were more known to house green and blue crystals, made him more determined to break that trend and go deeper into the planet and find the crystals he wanted.

Aeon Estillion Caedus wouldn't be denied.

After a few more minutes of stark silence their descent had suddenly become flat and they entered into a giant chamber. A chamber that had no lights, save for the faint glow that the crystals provided. The glow was mostly blue, it showed that the crystals were dormant, he thought. Or they were just natural rock formations and didn't have an inkling of the Force. He hadn't even thought to force sense them, and rather continued to walk past them. He had already determined that his journey wouldn't have been that easy.

Aeon Caedus craved a challenge.

"Are your parents dead?"

He had asked it as nonchalant as one could be, though he was well aware it was a serious question, to ask anybody. Dangerous to ask a Sith Lord though.

[member="Nemene Talith"]

Lira Dajenn

L
“Yes.” Nemene replied simply.

Of course that was not the entire truth. Moridin was not really dead per say, her father was incapable of dying. No, he had been torn from his physical form and his essence had been split into a trillion pieces, cast asunder throughout the entire galaxy. It was the only way to keep him from returning. There was no way to bring him back, no way to revive him. In all sense Moridin truly was dead, Nemene had long ago accepted that.

Her mother was another tale. She had never known the woman and as far as she knew Moridin had killed her immediately after her own birth. She knew nearly nothing about her and had never really cared, her father had been more than enough.

“Your own?” It was not that she really cared, but she had come to like Aeon, or at least she didn't want him dead.
[member="Aeon Caedus"]

Aeon nodded.

It was expected, many force users parents were dead, whether they were Jedi or Sith. He figured for Sith it was something to prove, and for Jedi it was because their parents had been killed and they figured the Jedi could give them what they sought, whether it be revenge, or justice. Aeon didn't know, nor did he care.

Truth be told, he only cared for himself and his Master, Nemene Talith. In his time as an Apprentice he had practically given himself to her, day and night through torture sessions and training, though they were probably the same thing at some points, and he had even told her when they first met that she could fashion him into anything she wanted. Why had he said that? To live surely, but also because he felt they could help each other.

"They are both alive." He said just as they entered into another chamber, this time deeper into the cave and they were still surrounded by blue and green crystals, but off in the distance, there was a faint glow that wasn't green or blue, and Aeon smiled. Finally. He thought to himself as his steps quickened and he drew on the Force only to sense outwards with it, mostly so that the lights from the crystals will be brighter.

He saw the dark orange colour grow brighter as they approached.

"Why did you become a Sith?"

[member="Nemene Talith"]

Lira Dajenn

L
Nemene smirked. Not for long.

She thought the words to herself as he spotted an orange crystal and moved towards her. Despite herself she became quite pleased by that. Orange was the color her family had used for generations, it was the color Moridin's crystals were. To have her apprentice use the color? That pleased her quite a bit for some strange reason.

“I was born as one.” Was Nemene's simple answer, and it was the truth.

Nemene Talith was born to be Sith, born to do evil. It was who she was to her core. The Jedi had discovered this when they captured her. There was no redeeming pure evil, no bringing light to pure blackness. Nemene quite simply fit the title of Sith so well, that to be anything else would be a betrayal of herself.

“Take the crystal carefully.” Nemene commanded. “They're quite easy to damage.”
[member="Aeon Caedus"]

He didn't even need to look at her to know that she was probably already plotting to kill his family. As if he cared. His own feelings for his parents had become null every passing day that he had been Nemene's Apprentice, and before that, he had barely spoken to them already. He already had plans to kill his parents as bad as that was, but it was the truth.

"Were you born as a Queen as well? Were you born to your Throne on Rattatak?" He questioned in quick succession, but he had already moved on towards the crystals and he stared at the grouping at the base of a large boulder.

"Would it be better to use the Force?"

[member="Nemene Talith"]

Lira Dajenn

L
“No. I was not born for Rattatak, nor did I intend to take the planet until after I met my sister.” That would be rather confusing to him she imagined. Evelynn and Nemene were of course not truly related, neither by blood nor by marriage. But the two of them were so close that they were sisters in truth, their bond to one another in the force proved that at least, and they had regarded each other as sisters for over a decade now.

“My world. The planet I was born to rule is Byss.” She smiled, looking down at the crystal. “Yes, use the force.”

For a moment she watched him manipulate the force so he could acquire the crystal, though only for a short moment before continuing. “My father ruled as the Dreadlord of Byss for nearly a millenia. When he founded the Sith Empire he had to abandon it unfortunately and the Republic claimed it for their own. My family still rules there in secret, but it is difficult to claim yourself a Sith Queen in the heart of Jedi Lands.”

She smiled again, letting her fingers run down the haft of her spear.

“So I settled for Rattatak...for now.” There was always plans after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom