Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Critique on Writer

It has been a long while since I've posted one of these as a Writer instead of the character. So figured I might as well toss this here.

What can I do to improve my writing? I RP several characters, most prominent are likely Danger Arceneau, Kaileann Vera, Choli Vyn, Micah Talith, Adele Adonnai, and Darth Isolda.

So, lay it on me with constructive criticism.

I will offer up some critiques here from what I’ve seen. Of course, since we’re all [member="Cira"] it is a little strange to be critiquing myself, but I digress!

The Good:
  • I am astonished at how many characters you’ve created and how many of them are well rounded and become developed over time. It’s quite a feat.
  • You’re a very good writer, able to convey action, mood and character well.
  • You are, for the most part, very active IC and OOC. You’re also helpful to new members and old ones alike.

The Bad:
  • I feel you flit between ideas like a kitten in a tinsel factory. I feel you have so many characters because you get distracted and make a new one rather than continue expanding on existing ones.
  • Feeding into the above, you can be hard to keep ‘on task’. You basically have to close yourself off from other threads and influences or you tend to wander away from things.
  • I feel that at times your characters can be created especially for an IC niche you need filled, rather than allowing them to develop organically. We all do this, but I feel that sometimes you can let this become an issue where you shoehorn a character into a position they have no reason to be there except OOC reasons.

That’s what I got for now, hope it’s helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom