Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Critique on the Writer

I recently began asking a few folks what they thought of my writing and the responses were interesting. I haven't asked this in a while of the community i thought now would be a good time to do so. Now I know grammar and use of commas are on the list of a few folks. I am using word before I post :)

Some of you have seen my writing for years, some not so much, but your opinions are helpful. This is a writing community and how my writing is perceived is important.

So...let me know what you think.

I have a few characters out there wandering around in stories. But if you need samples, let me know.

[member="Faith Organa"]

I think something to work on is an area that I know i need to work on myself, and that is environment descriptors. Maybe just elaborating on your environment more and how you react to it could be helpful?

I do enjoy reading your stories across your characters none the less :)

[member="Faith Organa"]
I think my problem with your writing has always been readability. The grammar, spelling and placement of words has been very difficult to follow at times.
However, from what I’ve seen it has improved significantly over the last few years, so congrats!

My only other critique is that you tend to play characters of a certain type, and that there’s not much variation beyond that archetype.

However, you put in a lot of work and are very active, so I know you will always try and improve!

[member="Cira"] - thank you, and I've talked to Draco and he and I are going to work on that in our next story.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] -you're right. I envision one thing for a character and inevitably slip back into something familiar rather than stretching. I will have to find someone to help me break that chain. And you told me to use word and watch my grammar, I took that to heart and do that before I post. Thank you.

I needed this constructive feedback, it helps me to improve.

*snoopy dances*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom