Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cost/Payment/Financial Suggestion

So we came up this in staff, and this is a good idea I think.

Basically, instead of trying to create a value for the credit, which is a difficult task, we abstract it to what you can buy, not what it exactly costs.

So to do this like with the sublight speed scale, this would have a partly hyperbolic scale showing what a character or corporation can buy.

We'll need to fill in the details, but the example given was that
Tier 1 can buy a single sheet of flimsiplast
Tier 10 can buy a Death Star.
Obviously nothing in the factory would ever be at those extremes, but rather than working out how many credits something costs, simply put it on a scale.

Please fill in ideas.

1. Sheet of paper
  2. Death Star

Sheet of paper
Bigger sheet of paper (those thing are expensive)
Blaster rifle
Speeder
House
Starship
Freighter
Something expensive
Star destroyer
Death Star

Does this work?

[member="Tamara"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Going in descending order here:

Death Star
Starship Fleet
Star Destroyer
Mansion
Business Owner
Personal Ship

.... Yeah, that's all I got right now. I'll think on it more when I'm not wiped lol

Personally I think that this is a non-issue and is unnecessarily restricting. It's trying to make this more like an rpg system than a writing experience about story. Some people like to be broke, others have money. Forcing someone to write one when they want the other wont be winning us any points and will cause undue frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom