Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corellian Engineering Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corporation Name: Corellian Engineering Corporation [CEC]

Headquarters: Druckenwell
Locations: Druckenwell, Etti IV, Fondor, Yag'dhul

Operations: CEC operates primarily as a civilian and military starship manufacturing corporation, as well as producing civilian and military vehicles. In recent times, CEC has entered the after-market modification market, producing kits designed specifically for CEC products.

Rationale: As a member world of OmegaPyre, and in light of the Clockwork attacks, Corellia asked OmegaPyre for a representative to be on hand to oversee matters of security and serve as a relay between the two. As the Exarch over the OmegaPyre sector that included Corellia, and as a Corellian himself, Ayden proved to be a most logical choice. While he does not possess direct control over the corporation, Ayden is allowed some considerable say in the corporate dealings.

Tier: 5

Description: Corellian Engineering Corporation, whose shipyards are located in the Corellian system, owes much of its success to the abnormally high numbers of skilled designers, engineers, and shipwrights the system has produced. The shipyards are well known for their modular freighters, which could be upgraded for combat with both legal and illegal after-market kits. In fact, CEC produces a number of these kits in response to the demand for after-market modifications. CEC also takes great pride in the popularity of its ships and does its best to ensure that the market has everything that could be asked for.

As a corporation with galactic renown, CEC strives to keep itself impartial in military struggles that do not directly conflict with its interests, namely the safety of Corellia and profit. To this end, it is willing to sell its goods to anyone who can provide the funds. Occasionally, for military-grade orders, CEC will seek confirmation of the order's authenticity to ensure no order is misplaced or placed in bad faith. However, as the shipwright's primary source of income stems from civilian sales, this is a rare occurrence.

In the quest to continue to stay modern, a Corellian think-tank resides in a secure location on the planet and works on researching and developing improvements to existing products and creating new technology for the market. This involves ordering shipments of goods and materials from off-world as needed. As expected, a large percent of the research and development ends in failure. That which proves to be successful enters a second round of development and application. With such operations always in motion, CEC continues the tradition of producing highly-modifiable designs, with a mind towards possible future technology.

Unlike the company's main competitors (Kuat Drive Yards and Sienar Fleet Systems), CEC has relied almost solely on civilian sales rather than military contracts. Most of the shipyards energy and time are spent producing civilian ships, but retrain the ability to refit and repair larger ships more in line with military use.

In the wake of the Clockwork invasions, CEC has begun a process of upgrading its orbital shipyard in order to modernize its facilities and tighten security that relaxed in the relative peace of the galaxy. Much of CEC's design center has been moved into a massive underground bunker, while whole sections of the orbital shipyard have been reactivated with orders coming in from the Protectorate and private interest groups. As well, CECE and KDY have begun minor collaborative efforts to each gain the benefits and experience of the other.

Subsidies: Corellian Arms, Chempat Engineered Defenses (jointly owned with Kuat Drive Yard)
  • Picking Up the Ashes - Thread detailing the relief effort to rebuild Druckenwell. CEC was one of the first corporations on sight to assist rebuilding of facilities and stations.

Company: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Modification Made:

Headquarters: Fondor (Temporary)
Tier: 3

Rationale: Corellia kinda got blown up. So... Something that should be updated. Since a lot of CEC's production was tied up in the Corellian system, I figured a tier reduction was in order. Facilities at Druckenwell and Etti IV remain undamaged, but this was a big blow, so I figured a two-tier reduction seemed reasonable.

Modification Made: Restoring Corellian Engineering to Tier V
Rationale: It's been almost a year since Akala blew up Corellia. Facilities at Druckenwell and Etti IV have had time to expand some to handle the increased load. As well, CEC has reached out to OmegaPyre, another Tier V company, to help restore its production capability.

Since this was a voluntary tier reduction on my part, I wasn't sure what the requirements would be to restore my status as Tier V. If further development threads are need, I can do them. I just figured that it would be easier to get at least a tier back if not both, but understand if not.

Pertient Development Threads:

• Yours Are Bigger - CEC acquires rights to utilize shipyards over Fondor and Yag'Dhul for corporate use
Edits:
Tier: V

Modification Made: Adding locales and moving HQ
Rationale: I forgot to include this stuff in the most recent update

Pertient Development Threads:

• Yours Are Bigger - CEC acquires rights to utilize shipyards over Fondor and Yag'Dhul for corporate use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom