Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Corek's Custom OPSR-1 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
11103428215_157cbafa42_c.jpg

Intent: To give Noah a weapon to better suit his style of fighting
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Fondor TerraTech (Producer) Noah Corek (Modifier)
Production: Unique
Modularity: Yes (Suppressor,multiple different types of bullets and different optics)
Material: Quadanium Steel (Shell) Chrome Lined Plasteel (Barrel)
Description: While it doesn't have a high capacity it makes up for this in accuracy and sheer stopping power. Can be modified with Silencers,higher zoom scopes,double stack optics and even thermal scopes. Can be outfitted with multiple different bullet types,such as, Hollow Points for anti-infantry,Armor Piercing for anti-armor and Incendirary for melting through soft objects. But Noah took this design a bit farther,adding a chrome lined barrel to allow less friction and a Quadanium steel shell to make a more rugged outer shell for it to be more resistant to the elements. Noah also added a underslung rail and added a 4X Zoom Scope with a flip up 3X Zoom Magnifier,why extends the scopes range to 12X. Due to the outer shell of the rifle being made of Quadanium steel,it can take 1-2 bolts and 2-3 stray bolts to it and still function,of course when it does break,Noah needs to make hand repairs and personally make more parts himself.
Classification: Slugthrower
Size: Handheld
Length: 127 centimeters
Weight: 7.2 kilograms
Ammunition Type: 8.58 mm (I converted the .338 bullet to milimeters for this one.)
Ammunition Capacity: 20 8.58 mm Bullets
Effective Range: 900-1100 meters

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Alright, looks good, but a few things I'd like a bit better clarification on.

First of all, you list the rifle as Unique, with the intent being to be a weapon for Noah Corek, yet in the description describe the rifle as being made for Omega Pyre forces. I believe you intended this to be a reference for a baseline sniper rifle that has been modified into this one, but it doesn't read that way currently.

As the description continues on it mentions various other things that can be switched in and out of the rifle, for example bullet type, silencer addition etc. These points should be listed under Modularity, a section of the Template that has been left out of this submission.

Now, the quadanium steel you mention using to help protect the rifle the elements. What type of metal a rifle is made of doesn't really have all that much effect on it's longevity, provided you're not constantly hitting it or physically striking it. Most rifles of good construction can last 30 years or longer if a soldier takes very good care of them, which most soldiers do, so that really isn't necessary. If anything, making the rifle out of quadanium would be counter-productive cost-wise(Which admittedly isn't a big deal as it's a unique), and make it survive an extra bolt or two. I'd recommend switching the rifle material to simple Durasteel, but if you wish to keep quadanium I'll need a description of how much more physical damage it can take from a normal rifle as well as some sort of mention of it's costly nature, both in it's construction and finding replacement parts.

Once you can get those things taken care of I think you'll be all ready to go @[member="Noah Corek"]. @ me when you've made the necessary edits.

Jaxton Ravos

Noah Corek said:
A semi-auto Sniper Designed for the need of a functional yet hard hitting sniper rifle for the use of Omega Pyre forces in the field.
This line is what I was referring to in my first point, and still hasn't been edited/dealt with.

Noah Corek said:
Due to the outer shell of the rifle being made of Quadanium steel,it can take multiple bolts to it and still function,of course when it does break,Noah needs to make hand repairs and personally make more parts himself
'Multiple' blaster bolts leaves a lot of interpretation, and implies a bit too much durability in my opinion. Can this be edited to an exact amount, say 2-3 bolts stray bolts and 1-2 direct bolts?

Also, another point I missed in my last post. The ammo capacity is a bit too much. Can I get that edited down to say, 8?

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
I've edited everything but the capacity,I've actually increased that,because most OOC .338 snipers can hold a little less than that,so it would make sense a star wars sniper can hold more.

Jaxton Ravos

As this is an upgrade of the OPSR-1 rifle you submitted earlier, I'm going to ask to you to pick increased stopping power and the burst fire feature or increased capacity(and if you choose increased capacity, I'll ask it to be lowered to 20). Furthermore, another note I missed earlier was the multiple burst fire feature. I'm going to ask you to pick one burst fire mode along with single fire, not three.

@[member="Noah Corek"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom