Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract With The Commenor Systems Alliance

Macharius Solaire

M
It was a big day for Macharius Solaire. Somehow he'd managed to get a meeting with Supreme Chancellor Kay Arenais herself. His end goal was to get her to sign an arms deal with Denon Stahl Arms. If a deal could be struck. The future of his company was secure. With the credits flowing his big project at Mechis could get done. Then they'd be a real player in the Arms market for the coreward systems.

Mach looked up at the spires of the Senate Hall. Admiring the architecture in how they twisted as they went up. They'd make most people feel small. He didn't think of them as big though. His homeworld of Denon had skyscrapers that dwarfed this whole complex. So no it didn't make him feel small. He did though feel something else, like that butterfly feeling in ones gut. Mach tried to ignore the feeling and return his focus to the task at hand. Proceeding towards the main entrance with his security team. They got through with no hassle. Since this was prearranged they'd taken the necessary steps to not cause trouble with the Senates own security forces.

His group were met by some staff members of the SC after clearance. They took them along to just outside Kay's office. One informed the Chancellor of their arrival and waited for her OK to let him in. In the mean time, Mach partook in some idle chitchat with the staffers and his own men. Kay would be a busy woman after all. So it wasn't a surprise the meeting would get started right away. Macharius only knew all to well the struggles of leadership.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Macharius Solaire"] was the sort of individual that Kay knew little about. He was from Denon, a world who's population easily dwarfed that of Commenor's. It rivaled Coruscant in terms of population, it's cities towering high into the sky, making sure that hardly a ray of natural light would hit the ground for longer than a few minutes of the day. Kay wasn't sure how well she'd do living in such a place. She preferred being close among nature, seeing the mountains, the trees, the lakes and the ocean. Maybe it was due to being a Force User, wanting to be surrounded by that which the Force grows from.

Chasin City was big, yet it only housed a couple of million people, spread out among the different neighbourhoods. It was the largest city on Commenor and the most popular. It was where her Royal Palace sat and of course where the Senate Hall was.

By the time that she had heard of his Lordship's arrival, she was overlooking some of her paperwork made with [member="Ultimatum"] . They had a trade treaty with the Metal Lords, and a non-aggression pact. It made sense that some members of it's worlds would seek to have a business contract or two. And wanting to be good neighbours, she obliged. "Olivia, send him in please."

Kay's voice was heard through the door. Olivia nodded and ceased her conversation. "Oh! The Chancellor is ready to see you now." She opened the door to let him pass through.

After pouring some tea, Kay got to her feet and left her desk, walking around it to greet her guest part way into her office. "Welcome to Commenor, my Lord. I hope that your trip was pleasant?"

Macharius Solaire

M
After milling about outside the Chancellors office making idle conversation about the imminent meeting with his security team; the secretary dew their attention away from themselves to her. The Chancellor was ready to see him. "Here goes nothing." Macharius thanked the secretary for informing him and headed in to see Lady Kay Arenais.

Internally Macharius twisted at the title of Lord she had erroneously applied to him. Denon had no royalty. Influential families sure. Macharius himself was apart of one. To save face for both he chose to overlook it. Not wanting to stir the pot because of something trivial. He needed to be on Kay's good side if he wanted to get his contract. "The trip was fortunately uneventful and swift. The Core Worlds have become far safer than they were when the One Sith were around. And thank you for seeing me today." Macharius shook the Chancellors hand and gave a warm smile. The kind the old and wizened possessed. "Our worlds are not safe enough though Chancellor. The attacks on this world and Yutan were atrocious. My condolences to those lost."

Macharius lost his smile, turning serious with the change of conversation he brought. "And it is for matters such as those that I wanted to speak with you. I'm sure you recall in the message I sent your office setting up this meeting, that I run a corporation called Denon Stahl Arms. I want my company to help arm your forces. These attacks may continue. The Sith and Imperial factions in the galaxy are only growing in strength. We must resist them to keep democracy and freedoms live. So in the interest of your people. Will you hear me out and see what I can bring to the table for you?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded, glad of his safe journey in. She shook his hand firmly, yet softly and then gestured for him to have a seat in one of the chairs. She herself took a seat, crossing her feet at the ankles and tucking them in under her chair. Within reach of them on an end table was some tea, Commenori brandy and some small refreshments. They were always on hand.

She sipped her tea, bowing her head as he spoke of the attacks in her territory. True this sector of space had been the safest that it's ever been, but that didn't mean that it wasn't vulnerable to attacks, something that she had done her best to stress with Yutan's Senator on a number of ocassions, but to no avail.

As [member="Macharius Solaire"] spoke of the Sith and Imperial factions growing, she knew that well enough. Her Alliance was allied with governments from all sides, yet there were some that they weren't yet approached by. Yet regardless of how the people of Denon thought about some of Commenor's allies, Kay wasn't about to play favourites, nor was she about to dismiss him either. "I would be happy to see what you have to show me. Each arms company is different from the other and I would like to see what sets Denon Stahl Arms above the rest." She sat back, cradling her teacup in her hands.

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius walked the short distance to the front of Kay's desk. As she settled in, he wasted little time in producing a small holo-projector from a pocket. Ignoring the refreshment on offer. "Of course Chancellor. I think starting with our flagship product would be best." Setting the projector down on the desk and with but a click of a button it lit up. After a short boot up it projected a small screen which Macharius swiped through with a finger. Arriving at the intended file he gave it another click that a sensor picked up on. An armored suit in full color came in to existence.

"This is the DSA Infantry Armor MK-1. A light armor I made for the Denonian Army and Republic. Though it was only in limited use before the collapse. It's suited the needs of Denon since then. Proved itself a very good light armor during the Jedi Split on Denon. A lot of good men and women died that day in rebellion." Macharius paused a few seconds. Thinking about that day. One of the incidents he experienced that never had to have happened but did. "Forgive me Chancellor. A black piece of history but necessary to mention. I'll give you the pros and cons of the armor if that's alright?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

The display that [member="Macharius Solaire"] had projected a monster of a man wearing quite the armour. There were none on Commenor that were that size, though she knew a certain Herglic that could make use of that size. Of course she knew that there was more than likely to be smaller sizes available.

Kay sipped her tea, knowing full well of the attack on Denon during the fall of the Republic. She wasn't there, but she knew of it. "All history, whether good or bad needs to be remembered. How else can lessons be learned? Please go ahead and tell me more about this Infantry armour."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom