Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract for ships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pending the official transfer, Tesh now runs the Mon Cal shipyards, which is now Tier 2 and not Tier 3. However, I would like to get the shipyards up and producing as quickly as possible, and this will also provide me with some rp for Tesh while I wait. I'm currently planning some products, but since Tesh will be working primarily with the Republic and its allies, I thought this would be a good place to start contracting out ships.

Not everything is set in stone, but I'm currently working on a new carrier frigate and a couple gunships. [member="Gir Quee"] I'm aware you have a Mon Cal engineer so Tesh and he could work together on plans and development:)

Salmakk's an engineering type for Lucerne Labs, and Gir's adopted brother, but yes, I tend to throw him into random Republic projects where he's not hugely associated with Lucerne Labs (like the "Valley of Eagles" thread).

He will definitely be interested in reconnecting with that part of his heritage when the opportunity comes, so let me know if what you're up to. ;)

One warning though about carrier ships. For reasons unknown to me (I'm not sure why), the starship carrying capacity of starfighters has been heavily axed recently and it is quite unlike the old Starship 2.0 guide. Dedicated carriers can only carry a max of 8 squadrons now, and that's assuming that they're fairly large ships (~1000 meters). Though you can fit more starfighters than normal into a design assuming there's a development thread to bump its abilities.

Are you planning on using the actual mon calamari shipyards, or are you planning on setting up somewhere in Republic space for the moment?

[member="Tesh Aquer"]

[member="Tesh Aquer"] : I am happy to do an IC contract negotiation with you (I'm assuming you're looking for that as well to increase your tier in the future)

Here are the three basic requirements to be contracted for the Republic military:
  • Military grade vessels manufactured and sold to the Republic may not be sold to enemies of the Republic, nor non-military personnel.
  • Any illegal activity found to be centered around your company will void your military contract immediately.
  • The Senate may reserve the right to inspect any and all civilian grade model vessels prior to their sale.

[member="Gir Quee"]
Using the Mon Calamari facilities. Later we could work something out to set up facilities on Manaan as a precaution. As for the ship I have mind as a carrier, I can get away with more squadrons because I plan for a larger development thread and to sacrifice some stuff to balance it out

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"]
An IC contract was that I was hoping for and eventually sponsorship :)

As an IC note to what you mentioned about criminal activity, since Tesh's official story is that he was "kidnapped" but as we know that's kinda BS, it could warrant an inspection from someone, which would also help as a miscellaneous thread for one of the tier requirements.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Be warned, it will need to be very long, seeing as I am hitting max size (3000m)

Basically I'm thinking I can fit 12 squads with a good long dev thread and sacrifices in engines and weaponry

At that kind of size, I'd suggest talking to the faction admins about it. In my experience, larger ship submissions like that (even if they're not flagships), such as the Silver Jedi's Will of the Force, tend to be pretty much unique in terms of production. At that size, it would not be something that Mon Calamari shipyards could build right now(by Tier Requirements) or that in-character Tesh could command (by faction rank requirements).

This is not to say that I don't think it's not a possibility, but that I would work on building up by the Mon Calamari shipyards by Tier, and Tesh Aquer's rank in the Republic first. If the faction admins are okay with it, I'd probably start working on the development thread for it concurrently as well, slowly getting up there for when the IC time would be right for submission.

Just a FYI, I was able to build a carrier at 850 meters, which fit 6 squadrons (see here/url]), though its weaponry was pretty nerfed by starship 2.0 standards.

You might be able to make a somewhat smaller starship (~2000 meters) at semi-unique or minor production that could hold 12 squadrons.

Lesson learned: don't post when brushing teeth. I completely said what I meant in the wrong way :p

From what you're saying,I can probably knock it down to 1700 or 1800m. I can rationalize that scale by explaining that 80% of it is hangar. Largest carrier I made could hold 8 wings (48 squads, 576 fighters). We could start the dev thread now, and I also have a couple misc. Thread to do, one of which will involve setting up the shipyards :p

I will link you the Google doc for the carrier and I have a former fact. Judge giving her input. [member="Gir Quee"]

When building ships please keep this in mind:

The max meters during invasions that is allowed is typically 5,000m worth of ships. Meaning that a single ship of 1800m will take up over 1/5th of our entire fleet size. Generally speaking, we only bring one ship of even close to that size. The MC-180 which is commanded by [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], and is, at present, our most powerful warship in the fleet.

Huge ships are generally a detriment to the battle, as we've seen with the Sith ships. By my calculations we've yet to lose a space engagement, and we never bring a huge fleet.

Also keep in mind the ruleset for your current Tier:
  • Tier 2: Mass production up to cruiser (600 meters or less), minor production up to light star destroyer (1500 meters or less).
This means that at Tier 2 you cannot create a ship larger than 1500 meters, period, and even pushing that may get you raised eyebrows from the factory judges.

Also, one final note: Ships that are classified as destroyers, dedicated carriers or flagships can only be "owned" by a faction.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

Hm. Either I could reduce the size and squadron size, or split the ship, so to say. By that I mean producing ships that are about 800m in length and can hold 5 or 6 squadrons as well as having slightly better engines at the cost of shielding and having almost no weaponry, basically a few laser cannons and then defensive guns.

This was my half-asleep crappile I cobbled together over cake: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwfoxA0XndQUNkVmQmUxak8xa00/view?usp=sharing

As I said, I can reduce the ship's size and capacity and make it 1/2 size, and simply produce more ships that way.

[member="Gir Quee"] this is for you too :p

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
[member="Tesh Aquer"]
The Mandalorians actually have a Dreadnought that uses Mon Cal designs. We at MandalMotors can forward you the design and give your company rights to produce them as well as the credits via loan. It would be a good thread for the two companies :)

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Sure. I was hoping to form contracts with the Mandos in the future since you guys are kinda buddying up with the Pubs :)

Thanks for the link, [member="Tesh Aquer"]. ;)

I think the concept itself is sound, and it would make a lot of sense in some cases, or even just for story purposes. I also like that "boop" is the development thread. Out of curiousity, is the Mon Calamari anti-matter reactor going to be a tech submission of itself? It sounds like something that could be done right now, if you're interested.

Like [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] was mentioning, we do have consider the confines of Star Wars Chaos community to play in though. It may not prove to be easiest idea to implement currently (though maybe things will change in the future, it's hard to say).

Just for the record, my first starship submission here was also a tiny Mon Calamari carrier (the Vinnath-class Pocket Carrier. I have a certain fond spot for Mon Cal ships myself.

Do you have any other starship ideas that you're thinking about making?

[member="Gir Quee"] the antimatter reactor was something I was hoping to improve. I can start a thread the second I read up on how they are supposed to work in Star Wars.

As for the ship, I am going to basically cut stuff in half, but I can get away with an extra squad if I go with, on top of the hangar already there, some sort of external hangar, which we could also do a dev thread for (basically airlocks and mounting starfighters in such a way that the craft can be carried on the outside.)

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] Should we do a short thread as an official IC Contract? Or you could attend the costume party Tesh has going for business investors/partners/people looking to do business :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom