Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conflict of interest...

I have been thinking of a character to really RP cause Stefos is nerfed here and still makes nearly no sense...

Actually, about 5 xD

Vote for who you wanna see RPed and post why please

Poll closed

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
Are you still undecided as to what to RP as?

Every time I've returned from an LOA, you've been a different dude.

Have you tried sticking with one guy? Why don't you make characters for all of the ideas swirling around your head and roleplay each of them as muse appears for them?

Don't be a Shi'ido. Cheapest race ever. I will contend that a disproportionate amount of people who play Shi'ido are habitual godmoders. They allow people to be shapeshifters without any of the drawbacks, hence they attract a certain type of writer.

Give yourself some weaknesses and pick a Clawdite or something.

Commander Orin said:
Are you still undecided as to what to RP as?

Every time I've returned from an LOA, you've been a different dude.

Have you tried sticking with one guy? Why don't you make characters for all of the ideas swirling around your head and roleplay each of them as muse appears for them?
This.

I'm sorry, but when a character I REALLY liked RPing makes no sense at all here AND my weapon and armor were denied just by their nature... I'm done attempting to RP Stefos

I might forego the rest of the ideas and make a NPC of Melissa and then make her father show up as a PC, since my muse along with the way the site works seems to demand I use ONE character account, and that's my writer... since ya know... the need to switch from writer to character always comes up

Yeah, I just didn't like doing that with Eddie when I RPed with him, since, let's say Iram is on a character account, now let's say... Melissa Pendragon is on my writer account... now picture this... I like Iram as a character, but Melissa was a rather odd idea... so I switch to Iram and keep the active account on him... then a bunch of days later, I'd be back on Melissa cause the site kicked me off Iram... see my little annoyance there?

It...sounds like you don't really grasp why writer and character counts exist.

The Writer account is just to track individual players. Actual players that manifest in the reality we collectively recognize exists outside the computer. The writer can be a human, a dog, a coordinated group of plants. It doesn't matter. But, for the purposes of this site, it acts as a singular entity. The Writer can be attached to a specific character, sure, but really, it's only tracking the individual player behind a group of characters, whatever the player is defined as being.

The Character accounts are the individual entities that exist within this RP universe. They are not subordinate to writer accounts in anyway when In-Character, they just fall under the grouping umbrella marked by a Writing account when Out of Character. If you have Johnny Ridiculouslyoverpowered as your Writer account, and Mary Hasntquitegoneoverthetopyet as a Character account under Johnny's umbrella, should Johnny be found unacceptable by the terms of the site, it by no means declares you can no longer use Johnny's account. It also doesn't mean Mary needs to fill Johnny's old shoes. The Writer account does not need to check in periodically to make sure it's still in use, particularly if the Character accounts clearly are.

If, for whatever reason, you find you can't stick with a single character for more than a weekend, feel free to change the name of your Writer Account to a handle, like a brand, like Messiah Complex or 2Xtreme4u, and let all the characters you make fall under that brand name. It should be fine, so long as you don't attempt to roleplay with your handle, especially 2xtreme4u, as a character name.

[member="Iram the Fierce Avatar"]

You are free to use your accounts as you wish, but if you really worry about what other people think of you, here's a little tip for you: don't, under any circumstance, start out with a completely unique extremely out-of-Star-Wars character as your main. Make something you can love, create a character you can relate to. Your character isn't a separate identity. It's a part of you. If you make a character you don't seriously love, you find yourself doing something you don't like and voilà, you have to change your character again.

Make a Jedi, make a Sith. Or whatever else. Start with a character so plain that they are almost transparent; everybody could see through their actions. And then act like your heart demands you to. Make them interesting, put your love into the character. Your character doesn't have to be the most interesting one in the galaxy, nor do they have to be incredibly unique. Make something you love, because there is nothing more warming than a writer loving one of their characters.

I know it seems like some kind of religion talk, but that is how it is. Muse doesn't just come from a lamp. It's something which comes from you. And the length of your character's existence is completely up to you and your liking.

Maria Natalja said:
[member="Iram the Fierce Avatar"]

You are free to use your accounts as you wish, but if you really worry about what other people think of you, here's a little tip for you: don't, under any circumstance, start out with a completely unique extremely out-of-Star-Wars character as your main. Make something you can love, create a character you can relate to. Your character isn't a separate identity. It's a part of you. If you make a character you don't seriously love, you find yourself doing something you don't like and voilà, you have to change your character again.

Make a Jedi, make a Sith. Or whatever else. Start with a character so plain that they are almost transparent; everybody could see through their actions. And then act like your heart demands you to. Make them interesting, put your love into the character. Your character doesn't have to be the most interesting one in the galaxy, nor do they have to be incredibly unique. Make something you love, because there is nothing more warming than a writer loving one of their characters.

I know it seems like some kind of religion talk, but that is how it is. Muse doesn't just come from a lamp. It's something which comes from you. And the length of your character's existence is completely up to you and your liking.
Well, I know Stefos was an extremely out of Star Wars character, which is why I stopped using him, that and this character has interested me enough for now.

Trenchcoat Man said:
It...sounds like you don't really grasp why writer and character counts exist.

The Writer account is just to track individual players. Actual players that manifest in the reality we collectively recognize exists outside the computer. The writer can be a human, a dog, a coordinated group of plants. It doesn't matter. But, for the purposes of this site, it acts as a singular entity. The Writer can be attached to a specific character, sure, but really, it's only tracking the individual player behind a group of characters, whatever the player is defined as being.

The Character accounts are the individual entities that exist within this RP universe. They are not subordinate to writer accounts in anyway when In-Character, they just fall under the grouping umbrella marked by a Writing account when Out of Character. If you have Johnny Ridiculouslyoverpowered as your Writer account, and Mary Hasntquitegoneoverthetopyet as a Character account under Johnny's umbrella, should Johnny be found unacceptable by the terms of the site, it by no means declares you can no longer use Johnny's account. It also doesn't mean Mary needs to fill Johnny's old shoes. The Writer account does not need to check in periodically to make sure it's still in use, particularly if the Character accounts clearly are.

If, for whatever reason, you find you can't stick with a single character for more than a weekend, feel free to change the name of your Writer Account to a handle, like a brand, like Messiah Complex or 2Xtreme4u, and let all the characters you make fall under that brand name. It should be fine, so long as you don't attempt to roleplay with your handle, especially 2xtreme4u, as a character name.
I thought the way you did when I had Eddie as an active character account, but the whole thing of HAVING to switch from writer to character every now and then and not keeping the character account indefinitely active kinda bugs me nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom