Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Common' Ground to Stand On

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Térth Waiy"]

Valley of the Storm
Commenor

Kay needed some time to herself. Too many foreigners had been coming by and asking questions about how she had gotten her crown. It wasn't as though it was her idea, but that choice was taken from her by the one that captured her all those months ago. Yet here they came, poking their noses in and acting almost as though she was being put on trial. But they don't have the authority.

She took in a deep breath, taking in the fragrance of the colour changing flowers. They reacted to the humidity in the air, letting people know when it was going to rain. Or have a thunderstorm.

Like tonight.

A rock outcropping provided her cover. A small fire kept her warm, yet thunder wasn't the only sound that she had heard. There was something more. She got to her feet and stepped out from her cover so that she could get a full view of the sky. A small explosion was seen within the clouds, it's yellow hue much different than the whites and blues of lightning. Kay squinted when the source broke through the clouds. It was a small ship, and it was heading her way.

The Skies Above Commenor

It was just a simple scouting mission for the Alliance, that's all. This wasn't meant to happen. In fact, it wouldn't have, had R1 Not malfunctioned and thrown them off course. The only reason they were there is because they had to make repairs.

Commenor. He didn't know much about this planet, but he'd heard of the queen. A politician with a galaxy-wide reputation. He knew, if he were to crash on a planet, he'd choose this one.

The lightning struck the rear thrusters, and disabled the stabilizers, sending the X-Wing spiraling down towards the planet's surface.
If there was one thing Térth had to avoid, it was civilian casualties. He saw a valley, with few people in it. If he could adjust the repulsorlift, he could roll to the left and avoid the valley completely. But, there were more people on the rim of the valley then there were inside it. He'd have to make the call. He swung around in the seat, signalled for R1 to jump, and ejected. The chute launched, he floated safely down. Well, he did in his dreams, at least. In reality, the lightning ripped through the chute, sending him down to earth faster than he thought possible. He knew he wouldn't make it.

Suddenly, the seat was struck by some object, large and metal. It was R1. He had been hit by lightning. To tell the truth, R1 wasn't even his droid. It was a loaner while P2 was undergoing repairs. But that was the least of his worries. The planet below him, fast approaching was slightly more important.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just stood in awe as she watched the unfolding situation go from bad to worse. The pilot seemed to have ejected fine, but given where on Commenor he was falling, the odds of getting struck by lightning was very high. The astromech droid was a conduit for the lightning as well. They didn't call it the Valley of the Storm for nothing.

So what was she to do? Let [member="Térth Waiy"] fall to his death? No. There were many questions that needed to be answered first. Letting him become a pancake on the ground could only bring others to search for him. And they could blame her military for the pilot's death.

There was also the fact that she liked to keep her Force sensitivity a secret. Yet she needed to use it...

Right now.

She had used a Force shield before, but only on herself. This time, she was going to use it on someone else. Kay kept her eyes focused on the falling pilot as she reached out with the Force, building a shield around him that wouldn't stop him from falling at all, but would hopefully buffer him from landing too hard. Her arms were reaching out towards him as she focused on guiding his landing over her head and just passed her.

Hopefully it would work.

As he plummeted through the sky, Térth blacked out. He must not have been out for long, because when he woke up, he was still falling, but slower. He couldn't believe it, but it was almost as if he was hovering. In reality, he was still falling just as fast, but the way he'd Blacked out, he had seen things in a slurred state of mind. He soon realised this, and regained his composure. He saw the ground coming, and braced, although he knew what was going to happen. This had been his last flight. But then, he made contact. Not the hard, bone-crushing impact you would expect, but a soft, pillow-like landing. He stood up, grabbed the Supply pack from under his seat, and started to remove his flight suit. He then put on his normal Jacket, which somehow didn't feel the same after a crash like that. He didn't waste time wondering how it happened, as he was used to being around Jedi, and he'd seen many strange things. "The Force can do wonders" a Jedi had told him once. He decided that he'd blame it on that for now. He looked around with the Electro binoculars, and saw her. He didn't know who she was, but he decided that he'd keep his identity secret for now, in case she wasn't friendly. He began the trek over to her.

[member="Lady Kay"] (Sorry for the wait!)

Kay-Larr

((No worries ;) Welcome back! ))

Kay breathed a sigh of relief as she witnessed [member="Térth Waiy"] land more safely than he would have without her help. He was lucky that she was there. Hopefully that same luck was with her too. Who knows who he is and what had caused the crash.

She shrunk down her Force signature as she saw that he seemed to be heading her way. It was better to be safe than sorry. Already her mind was formulating excuses in case he asked about his landing.

Lightning struck the wreckage, attracted by the metal. Hopefully he got everything that he needed. It would all be destroyed if he hadn't.

Kay waited until he was close enough to hear her, without her needing to shout too loudly. "What happened? Did someone shoot you down?"

Hearing her call, Térth responded, "I think it was the storm. No way to check for sure though."

As he ran over, he could sense something mysterious emanating from the woman, and he decided to be cautious.

[member="Lady Kay"] (sorry about the length, going through a bit of writers block right now. I hope you can do better than I.)

Kay-Larr

(( No worries. I don't write novel posts all the time either...lol))

Yes, the storm. That was a real possibility. Yet still the question of who he was and why he was here was another.

Kay gestured for Térth Waiy to come closer, then pointed towards the rock outcropping of which she was underneath to watch the storm. "Well before you get hit again, we should head to safety. I think the storm will last another hour or so. We'll keep an eye on the flowers."

She turned and headed back to the outcropping. Her saying about the flowers probably sounded odd to an outsider. But they were the best weather forecasters that this part of Commenor had.

Térth nodded in agreement when she mentioned finding shelter, but raised an eyebrow in confusion about her statement regarding flowers.

"The flowers? What'll they do?"

It was probably some local belief, seeing as how these folk were somewhat odd. Not like his friends and squadmates, they seemed very strange, considering that that was most of what he's known for his life.

As they walked back, Térth thought it best to start asking questions. "So if it's alright, I'd like to know your name. I mean, I hope it's not an intrusion."

[member="Lady Kay"] (again, sorry about the length. May have to leave again to be creative.)

Kay-Larr

((No worries. Do what you need to do ;) ))

It didn't surprise her that [member="Térth Waiy"] had asked about the flowers. They were rare in the galaxy and so far she only had heard of them on Commenor. However there was sure to be other planets or moons that held similar ones. "The flowers change colour when the humidity changes. They are mostly in this valley, though some have grown some at their homes or on their fields. They let us know when there's a dry spell, or when it's going to rain. Quite helpful, actually."

They got to the outcropping by the time he had asked her what her name was. She turned to face him once they were under cover. "I am Kay, and this is Commenor, if you didn't know. Who are you?" She left the part about being Queen out for the time being.

"I'm Té... I'm Jace." He used an alias, one he had been given by the Alliance for a situation such as this.

"Interesting thing, those flowers. I guess they're quite 'common' here?" He said, jokingly.

"Do you know any places where I could find a ship?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Funny how both [member="Térth Waiy"] and herself didn't reveal who they truly were. Kay's excuse was more so that she didn't need to flaunt it when she wasn't in the political arena. There was just no reason for her to do so.

She smirked at his little joke. Oh like she hadn't heard -that- one before, or any others that were similar. Her attention was then drawn to his next question. "Not looking to crash one again, are you? There are plenty in Chasin City. It's about an hour's walk from here. That's where I'm headed afterwards, though I won't be going to the ship yards or the ports. But I'd be happy to direct you to them. Where are you from? What brought you out this way?"

There were always ships coming in and out of Commenor. It was a trade world afterall, so traffic was pretty high in volume. People often came from every which way as the planet was in between the Core and Outer Rim worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom