Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Chisel Head Assault Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chisel Head Assault Corvette

scythe_class_corvette_by_orpheus7.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATIONPRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Ksio concept designer/Developed by the Wolfe Design Bureau/Rinzler-Zetta Shipyards
  • Model: CH-01
  • Affiliation: The Shrouded Republic, Closed-Market
  • Production: Mass production
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Corvette Assault/Patrol Ship
  • Length: 158 meters
  • Width: 35 meters (20 at widest)
  • Height: 62 meters
  • Armament: Low
-8 Light laser cannons (4 are connected to the same platform as the turbo lasers)
-2 Single barrel turbo lasers , or 2 ion cannons (for ship to ship combat)
-4 Nose end missile/torpedo launches (can carry a compliment of 25 missiles/torpedoes)
  • Defenses: Low
  • Hangar: NA
  • Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average 2
SPECIAL FEATURES
Disrupter Missiles can be swapped with proton torpedoes, turbo blaster can be swapped out for Ion cannons
Reverse engine above the ship allow for tight move and slowing down fast
Back up bridge located up the back near the air lock
Can operate on a minimum crew of 8, with the standard crew being 12
Sleek design up from provides some glaceing protection against enemy fire

Strengths:
  • Relies on decent shields to protect vulnerable areas
  • Heavy weapons makes it able to deal large and quick amounts of damage to other ships
  • Powerful engines for easy and quick turns ans speed
  • Has an array of planetary and orbital sensors on the bottom
Weaknesses:
  • Engines are an easy to target week point if shields are depleted
  • Weaker against fighter that other corvettes due to fewer-light laser cannons
  • Below average armor plating due to thin shaped hull
Description: The Shrouded Republic being a migration fleet needed a corvette to take on a variety of role, being able to stand up in full on space engagement, deal a substantial amount of damage, be maneuverable as well as acting as a patrol ship. Taking pointers from the successful Hammer Head corvette the Chisel head was produced, with a more heave reliance on assault weaponry and but being less armored. The added addition of the missile launched was insisted by Kiso.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Travis Caalgen

T
Kiso said:
Manufacturer: Ksio concept designer/Developed by the Wolfe Design Bureau/Contracted Commoner System Alliance
If there is a company involved in producing this vessel, please link it.

There is no company as of yet, the Wolfe Design Bureau is incorporated into the faction and has yet to be subbed, though several other ships have been made by them, [member="Travis Caalgen"], sorry for not responding had other stuff to attend to

Travis Caalgen

T
Kiso said:
Hangar: Very low: 0
This is not the proper rating for a ship of this size and class, rather it would be 'Average'.

All in all, this ship is rather overpowered. At mass production and with all 'Average' ratings it would be acceptable, so I suggest you play around with the other ratings to find a nice balance that you would find suitable for the ship.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Kiso"]

Lower armament to moderate, lower defenses to low, lower maneuverability to moderate, and lower speed to low. It will be balanced while maintaining the same role so I can pend it for approval.

But if it only has moderate and low stats doesn't that make it under powered? or is shielding not part of the 'defense' part? also I only put high armament because I though 2 turbo laser, 8 laser cannon and 4 torpedo tubes was powerful for a corvette.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Kiso"]

It would be underpowered if this had a lower production level, but as a mass produced starship then it is good.

Matter of factly, a picket Corvette with a 'Low' rating would necessitate this weaponry.
  • Armament: Low
  • 10 Turbolasers
    3 Warhead Launchers
    16 Quad lasers
Which is above what you have listed. I suggest that for a 'Moderate' armament, you double what I posted above.

I was mainly going if other corvettes like th hammer head which only has 5 laser turret, but then again this ship also serves as a patrol, an I can't really add anymore weapons that don't exist on the picture.

So would I lower the armament and increase another state to make this ship actually usable?

The armourment you have put there seems more like somthing a cruiser or destroyer would have.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Travis Caalgen

T
Kiso said:
an I can't really add anymore weapons that don't exist on the picture.
The armament does not have to be the exact same as the picture, that is a choice that you have to make.

Kiso said:
The armourment you have put there seems more like somthing a cruiser or destroyer would have.
This? No.

This is the armament of a destroyer:
  • Armament: High
  • 900 Turbolasers
    25 Heavy Launchers
    65 Quad lasers
My previous post remains my recommendation, double the 'Low' armament that I listed for the picket corvette and label that 'Moderate'

But if you wish to keep it at 'Low', please confirm now.

No ill keep it low, this ships serves as a mass produces quantity ship that can also serve as a patrol vessel and scout, basically and inexperience but versatile ship. [member="Travis Caalgen"]

Are turbo blasters and turbo cannons separate things, I think that's were I'm getting mixed up since I see some capital ship with only 20 turbo cannons, but 40 turbo lasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom