Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Characters/Major Factions

sabrina

I am just wondering, as part of the alliance idea proposed by [member="Raziel"] here.
Wondering is it worth saying, characters can only be part of one major faction for invasions.
This would make allied spots more meaningful, this also means if alliance do come into effect give them more meaning.
Also adds bit of realism, and adds more to an old rule, that said you can't be in more than one invasion at a time, as an ally.

[member="sabrina"]
This too has been discussed a lot of times.

Each time it's come up we've rejected it for two reasons:
  • It's unenforceable, especially for new characters who can't get rank bars. Further, you can change your rank bars freely, what's to stop someone hopping between factions in this way?
  • Not everyone wants to have a faction bar there, especially Jedi, Sith etc.

This is an idea which has an appeal but when you get down to the nuts and bolts is harder to make work...hence why it's never happened.

sabrina

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] could it not be done by FA and FO, to keep a list, and a bit say in the character bio saying who they are part of as part off for invasions.
So it is self enforcing, rather than it being a board admin job?

[member="sabrina"] the trouble would be enforcing the FAs and FOs to enforce it, and being as this is merely their casual entertainment rather than their responsibility like a member of staff, I can garuntee you a lot of them won't do all the work necessary for it to be workable, and if not all of them are doing all the work, the whole thing falls apart.

Let me out it his way, if it was truly self-enforcible and it had a tangible benefit everyone could get behind, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom