Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chaos Pokemon Draft League [INTEREST CHECK]

The Discord server has been created! (PM me for it, random people from Google have been joining the server thinking it was any other league. If you come from there, this is not a public league!) If you haven't signed up yet but still want to join, or if you just want to spectate, feel free to drop in as well! In here you can also find the rules and everything else you need. If you don't have Discord, I recommend you use the web browser version to take a peek.
If you cannot access Discord at all but still want to join, you can still post down here and I will message you the Google docs that will be used.

Do you like Pokemon? I sure do. I've been enamored with the franchise for as long as I can remember, and I still love it as much as I did as a kid. Where I used to find my challenge in getting all eight gym badges and defeating the Elite Four, I now find it in battling other people online. My favorite way of doing that is the draft league format. For a while I took it pretty seriously and I have played in a number of leagues, but due to the seriousness of them they were very draining and time-consuming. I now no longer play in any leagues, but I miss it dearly.

So why not create my own league?

And that's where Chaos comes in. After playing a few matches with [member="Taeli Raaf"], the idea of a draft league for SWRP: Chaos was born. With just two people you can't really do it however, so we are inviting any and all people who are interested in joining us! The idea is to keep it casual so people from all skill levels can join in and have fun.

Now it is likely you have a number of questions. How does a draft league work? I have no 3DS with the latest Pokemon game, so how could I possibly participate? To clear things up, here are some details:

- A draft league has 8 or more players, or coaches, that participate. First a draft will be held, much like an NBA draft, where at the end of things everyone will have eleven different Pokemon. Everyone builds a team of six Pokemon and plays a match against another coach once a week, and everyone plays each other once. The top cut of players will then advance to the playoffs, and the winner of the final will be crowned the champion!

- You can also trade Pokemon with other coaches and pick up Pokemon from the pool of free agents, but those details and more will be worked out in the rules.

- There is this nifty website called Pokemon Showdown, which is a fantastic Pokemon battle simulator that works in your web browser and even works on your phone. All matches in the vast majority of draft leagues are played on here, with only a select few playing on the latest games. It's 100% free, too! If you can access Chaos, you can play on Showdown.

- If you haven't kept up with all the shiny new Pokemon and are thinking "Well, I only know the original 151 and would get completely lost," do not fear! The creators of Pokemon Showdown have also created their very own version of the Pokedex where you can look up their stats, what moves they can have, and even examples of good movesets! In addition I will also be making a document which will neatly show which Pokemon are good and which aren't, so you will have all the info you need to scramble together a strong roster. Taeli and I will also be happy to lend people a hand with things would they need it, we won't bite. Promise.

If there is enough interest, I will be setting up a Discord server to coordinate everything. It is highly recommended you join that server, although if necessary I will take the necessary steps to ensure people without it can participate as well. I want to really press the fact that if you're in any way unsure or hesitant, just ask. Everyone is welcome! If you want to join in, post down below.

I'm in. Hopefully It'll give me reason to write up that farfetched (ba-dum-tch) team I had planned, providing this is doubles. If it's singles, I'm sure I can make something happen. Don't currently have discord though.[member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

Genning is real easy, but I'd not take part if we were genning them in. Personally look down on genning, at least in an enviourment like this.[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

[member="Natalie LaForte"] [member="Queen Antalas"]

Doubles leagues do exist but this one is singles. The exact rules will be pretty straight-forward, if you are familiar with the OU ruleset it will be very much similar to that, although the exact details are still being written up as we speak.

[member="Krest"] | [member="Natalie LaForte"] | [member="Zahori Denko"] | [member="Queen Antalas"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Gilamar Skirata"]

The Discord server has been created! Click here to join. If you haven't signed up yet but still want to join, or if you just want to spectate, feel free to drop in as well! In here you can also find the rules and everything else you need. If you don't have Discord, I recommend you use the web browser version to take a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom