Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champions of Chaos [TOURNAMENT]

5/15 - TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________​

I have been in conference with Teferi. (By conference what I really mean is: I texted him last night and the fucker waited until 6 in the damn morning to get back to me, cause y'know, normal people are totally awake at that God forsaken hour). <3 you Matt.

ANYWAY

We've decided the time is ripe and the board is ready for its first annual Champions of Chaos tournament. Please read the following rules before signing up.
  • You may only sign up with one character. This is to allow as many writers as possible to participate, while also preventing writers from having to fight two of their characters against one another.
  • You may use all weapons or combat resources typically available to your character in a battle. (I.E. Lightsabers, blasters, vibroblades, the Force, sorcery, etc).
  • The tournament is canon. Any events, interactions, and results should be written into your character's history and biography.
  • Character death is possible. Sign up at your own risk.

HOW IT WORKS:
An even number of contestants will sign up and be placed randomly against one another in a series of rounds, with the winners progressing on. Though one on one duels will be the most common, players may also be split into pairs or groups, where they will have to work together in order to progress. Each round will cover a span of a week, with five days for posting and two for judging. (Please note: You can continue RP'ing after the five days are over, if you'd like, but posts made after the official end of the round will not be taken into consideration for judging).

JUDGING:
After the completion of each round, each duel will be scored by a predetermined panel of judges in order to determine a winner. These decisions, once made, are final; only a majority vote by the official SWRP: Chaos Roleplay Judges can overturn a decision. This means that the judges chosen for this event do not necessarily have to be RP Judges for the board, and that I will need volunteers. Anyone volunteering to judge forfeits their ability to compete. (Chaos RP Judges are welcome to volunteer as judges for this, but will not be required. I will NOT be judging, only coordinating). Judges will score their votes on the following items, listed in order of importance:
  • Writing - This tournament is first and foremost about writing. Actions written plausibly, reasonably, true to character, and legibly/understably will be ranked higher, while godmodding, power gaming, half-assery, and unrealistic actions will result in a docked score. Writing fairly and well is the best method to win.
  • Battle - Since each thread is a battle, then the IC actions must be taken into consideration. Obviously, the idea is to win. Use whatever means reasonable, necessary, and at your character's disposal to do so.
  • Activity - A higher activity level won't necessarily mean you'll win, but it will be smiled upon and make you look better in the judges' eyes.
  • Good OOC sportsmanship - Don't be a queen in the OOC thread. If your opponent does something you feel is unfair, respond ICly and trust the judges to be aware of it. Ultimately, if you feel the need to speak up, send me a PM.
  • Bribery - I take it in the forms of sexual favors and cookies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
OFFICIAL SIGN UPS.
Only three judging spots open. Those interested in judging, please be aware that the tournament will take a while and thus you will need to be available for the duration of the tournament. Please do not apply if you know you will not be able to stick around. Contestant slots currently open to 14, but will be dependant on demand. If the list is full and others wish to participate, continue to add to the list. Ultimately, only an even number of contestants will be accepted. First come, first served. Please copy/paste the list into a post and add your own name to the list. Any questions or comments can be posted to this thread, or sent to me in PM. This thread will act as the OOC thread for the duration of the tournament.

Round 1 tentatively begins May 15th. Updates will be edited into this post.

SIGNUPS UPDATED 5/15
SIGNUPS CLOSED!!
Judges:
  1. Alli Wren
  2. Equa Dominator
  3. Tegaea Alcori

Contestants:
  1. Daxton Bane
  2. Erich Lor
  3. Kai Xyn Dependus
  4. Darth Talos
  5. Karin Dorn
  6. Darren Shaw
  7. Kal A'den
  8. Verz Horak

I have questions on the mechanics:

1. According to the rules, the players would be matched on battles or the equivalent of a duel, correct? What is the accepting waiting period before you post again? Using myself as an example: I am usually on when people are asleep, so would this mean I can pull off consecutive actions against them or do I wait say a minimum of 4 hours before I post again if they haven't responded in time?

2. Are the battles taking place in a sealed environment like say a fighting pit or a combat dome or will they take place in the open?

3. Would crowd interference be allowed? This is linked to my question above, so if they are in a sealed environment this question becomes moot.

4. Aside from taking out your opponent, would there be other possible victory conditions?

1. You post after the other person posts. Same as any other roleplay. If they post once and go inactive, you're probably going to win.

2. Sealed environment.

3. If there's no clear winner by the end... read how judges will score.

Might as well open this can of worms. Let the Lord of Chaos rule! :)

Judges:
  1. Alli Wren
  2. [OPEN]
  3. [OPEN]

Contestants:
  1. Daxton Bane
  2. [OPEN]
  3. [OPEN]
  4. [OPEN]
  5. [OPEN]
  6. [OPEN]
  7. [OPEN]
  8. [OPEN]
  9. [OPEN]
  10. [OPEN]
  11. [OPEN]
  12. [OPEN]
  13. [OPEN]
  14. [OPEN]

Correct. I think you're digging a bit too far into this, if I'm being honest. It's really quite simple.

You can win either through your opponent saying you've won (they go unconscious, die, etc), and if the duel isn't finished by the end of the time allotted... the judges decide.

Note: Many of the fights may not even finish. If that's the case, the judges will go over what was posted. Also, be reasonable about dying. I don't really expect anyone too, but if you both fight your hardest and they legitimately have earned the right to kill you, well, give it to 'em.

Erich Lor

E
Judges:
  1. Alli Wren
  2. [OPEN]
  3. [OPEN]

Contestants:
  1. Daxton Bane
  2. Erich Lor
  3. [OPEN]
  4. [OPEN]
  5. [OPEN]
  6. [OPEN]
  7. [OPEN]
  8. [OPEN]
  9. [OPEN]
  10. [OPEN]
  11. [OPEN]
  12. [OPEN]
  13. [OPEN]
  14. [OPEN]

Kai Xyn Dependus

The Sexiest Jedi Alive
Judges:
  1. Alli Wren
  2. [OPEN]
  3. [OPEN]

Contestants:
  1. Daxton Bane
  2. Erich Lor
  3. Kai Xyn Dependus
  4. [OPEN]
  5. [OPEN]
  6. [OPEN]
  7. [OPEN]
  8. [OPEN]
  9. [OPEN]
  10. [OPEN]
  11. [OPEN]
  12. [OPEN]
  13. [OPEN]
  14. [OPEN]

@[member="Daxton Bane"], the winner always at the very least receives a shiny champion title and bragging rights. :D Something I may do differently here that I've never done in previous tournaments, however, is have an IC reward as well.

If any of you haven't figured it out by now, I trust Disciple to answer all these questions as I would answer them. He's seen me host tournaments before and knows how I operate. (That and, y'know, the whole "dating IRL" thing typically means he knows how I'd answer shit like this. Typically. Not always, but so far yes. ;) )

Also, one thing I DO tend to do for people, which I imagine I'll do here: I like to make banners to go beneath sigs.

For instance, this is a banner you'll see several people I've trained on TGC proudly sporting beneath their sigs:
Kickass.png

Still love Ayden Cater for coining that.

In either case, I may do something similar for tournament champions, as an OOC reward to go alongside the bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom