Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castle Ne'tra Is A Little Girl's Dream (Isley, PM For Add)

"Dear Diary, my brother lives in a Castle. Mandalore has lost a little of its glitter as I'm jumping on my bed in my own bedroom in my brother's Castle. Castle Ne'tra! Did I say it loud enough!? MY BROTHER LIVES IN A CASTLE!!" Ginnie screamed into her audio record unit, giggling as little girls did as they jumped on beds.

"I GET TO LIVE IN A CASTLE!" She squealed, hopping from her bed to the ground and twirling around in circles until she fell back on the bed. "I ain't goin' back to Mandalore. @[member="Isley Verd"] needs his little sister like the moon needs a sun to shine. It's like, in the days I've been around he's smiling! A pretty rosy colour on his ruddy cheeks. Also, I need to make sure he doesn't get into trouble. He went to the Dark Side, Diary. My brother! My Isley. See what happens when I'm not around? I told you so. But . . . there's something missing."

She tapped her lips with a finger, then yelled afresh into her audio diary. "A target practice board for my throwing knives! I'm gonna go explore!" Hitting the off button and shoving the diary in her pocket, Ginnie raced out of her bedroom and tore down the hall. There was a cellar! A cellar with things! Maybe there was an old table he wouldn't mind her throwing things at!

Castle Ne'tra - "Cellar"

In the lower levels of the citadel known as Castle Ne'tra was a repository for the holocrons and artifacts that the Mandalorian had come to own. While they were few in number, they were priceless to say the least; and as such warranted a full sum of security and countermeasures to ensure their protection. They were...pretty well locked up tight, behind several password protected doors, with droids at each station to verify identity. Isley Verd was very protective of that which was his, and since money was no longer an obstacle, he was free to over obsess about his possessions as much as he damn well pleased. Of course, Castle Ne'tra was not simply a home for his Dark Side trinkets...they were a home for both he and his younger sister, whose rapid footsteps could be heard a mile away.

Isley was seated in what was supposedly a study: the perfect cover for a Vault of artifacts. The room looked like something straight out of a holovid. There was a roaring fireplace, exotic rugs, walls lined by high shelves filled with books, and to top it off...a duo of seats that just screamed comfortable. The Mandalorian was personally seated in the left of these two chairs, feet casually crossed and laid upon the chair's companion cushion. When the young woman bounded into the room, Isley looked up from the dusty tome he was reading and offered a rare smile...wish was, of course, hidden from view by his helmet. "Well hello there princess," he joked, setting the book down upon the table beside his chair, "aren't you in quite the hurry..."

@[member="Ginnie Verd"].

Siqa

Pureblood don't mean a thing to me anymore.
(It's okay I PM'd to join)

I'd been touring around the castle for a while, still just getting used to the place. Was odd sleeping in a bed again, having decent food, everything. It felt like having an actual home again, yet I still felt like a bit of an outsider. Still best not to overlook something good like this or take it for granted. It was just nice to take in the scene while strengthening my legs.

I'd only just woken up two hours ago and was wearing a black tank top and slacks. I walked bare foot through the place, the feeling of all the material under my toes actually feeling nice. I had to say it was nice to be rich, yet I remember just trying to get a decent pay grade on a bounty before all this. Yeah @Isley Verd was good to me.

Speaking of which I began to sense his presence nearby as I found my way down into what I thought was a cellar. I cam to a study where I found him and someone else, a young girl. I gave my "Good Morning, Master." before giving a little head nod to the girl, waiting for introductions.

@Ginnie Verd

Ginnie burst into the room with thunderingly loud feet and flung herself at her brother's chair. Giving his helmet's forehead a big juicy kiss, Ginnie hugged around @[member="Isley Verd"]'s neck and then hopped backward. "Hi! Hello! I have arrived!"

Hopping up and down in the middle of the room, Ginnie couldn't stop grinning. "I'm living in a caaaastle! I've got a Princess beeeeedroom! I've got the coolest brother in the gaaaaalaxy!" Stopping only once she'd tired herself with a case of the giggles, Ginnie wiped her forearm over her forehead and nodded furiously. "Yes! I'm in a hurry! I want a table! No! Not a table! Something to throw things at! For my Princess Bedroom, something I can throw my knives at from my bed and alllllllll directions around! You got something in here? Or over there or. . . oh! Hello! Isley, whose this? Is this my babysitter? I told you I was old enough I don't need one.

I mean it! Are you my babysitter? Can I use you for sparring? OooO! Do we have a butler!?"
Ginnie hopped over to @[member="Siqa"] and grabbed her hand, then proceeded to shake it over and over and over. "Hi! Pleased to meetcha! I'm Ginnie! I'm Isley's baby sister, but I'm no baby!"

Phoebe spent a majority of her time exploring Castle Ne'tra, reading or even writing in her diary. She knew it was childish of her but it was a way for her to get down her thoughts and feelings. It was much better than actually speaking with someone however that was besides the point. Today she was exploring more of the castle when she could hear sounds from the cellar. It seemed to be a happening place at the moment as she sensed more than two presences so she had to go check it out.

Walking in the room she saw Isley, someone whom looked a lot like him and than one of his apprentices. Phoebe had to guess by the way she was acting towards him that this had to be his sister. It was the only thing that made sense when she really thought about about it. She even would never get away with acting like that around him. As the little one continued to speak she leaned against the wall and just listened for now. She was quite spunky and energetic. "I can help you find a target board. I think I saw one in the other room if not I know there is one in the attic."

@[member="Siqa"] @[member="Ginnie Verd"] @[member="Isley Verd"]

Ginnie stopped moving completely. She slowly turned around, mouth hanging open as the girl looked @[member="Phoebe Draclau"] up and down and up again. "Isley, there's a beautiful woman in your castle! How'd you score that!?"

It didn't occur to her that @[member="Isley Verd"] would already be aware, instead the little Mandalorian (still holding onto @[member="Siqa"]'s hand) tugged her way over to Phoebe. "Are you the Castle's Angel? Ooo! I know! You're the Duchess! The Duchess that lives next door! And knows where everything is! Ooo! Do you have a unicorn!? Isley, does she have a unicorn?! OR A THROWING AXE COLLECTION THAT SHOOTS SPARKLES AS THEY FLY!!!"

Oh the mind of a child. "PLEASE tell me you have sparkly throwing axes that never miss 'cause you practice with them every day and they throw glitter." Ginnie asked, pouting her lip and gazing up at Phoebe.

Phoebe couldn't help but laugh and shake her head. The idea of a sparkly axe sounded interesting though she would have to get herself one of those. She didn't reply at first trying to think of how she ought to go about introducing herself. There was no way a teen would understand the nature of their relationship. Phoebe at times didn't fully understand it herself so no she wouldn't fully explain it to Ginnie. She did rather like the idea of being the castle angel though that sounded nice. "No, I'm Phoebe Draclau a friend of your brother's. He has been kind enough to give me shelter, a home here. I don't have a magical axe but I can get you a target board. I'll even keep you company and practice with you."

Isley was always out training or on a mission of some sort so it would nice to not be alone in this big castle. She wasn't sure what teens enjoyed to do so that would be something to discover but she wasn't too worried. She was sure they would find something that they could have fun doing together. "Have you seen the whole castle yet? I could take you on a tour."

@[member="Ginnie Verd"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Siqa"]

Siqa

When the kid first ran up to me and starting shaking my hand, I was confused to say the least. At least she'd introduced herself as Master Verd's little sister; though I was surprised he even had a sister. I was about to clarify to her I wasn't her babysitter, before the other girl, the pretty looking one as Ginnie pointed out and I son noticed, entered. Before I could say a thing Ginnie pulled me over to her when she started talking to her in the process. I had to give credit that the kid had a grip like a dianoga.

When the lady introduced herself, and Ginnie said her hellos, I used my free hand and offered it to her saying "Hello. Siqa. I'm a new apprentice to Isley." Then I looked down to the kid and said "Also, can I have my hand back? I kind of need it." I didn't say anything but I could sense this woman's power. She was strong, probably stronger than Master Verd. It made me think she must've been at the rank of knight or master. Either way she had power and looks to match.

@[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Ginnie Verd"] @Phoebe Draclau

And just like that, the quiet morning of reading up on ancient Sith cultures came to an end: with a kiss upon his helmet and a giddy hug from Ginnie. The Mandalorian was far from being upset, for he adored the very earth that his little sister tread upon, and greeted her with an affectionate hug when she flung herself about his neck. When she freed him from her grasp, he reached up and took off his helmet: a rare act indeed. In fact, if Isley recalled correctly, this would mark the first time Siqa, his apprentice who had just entered the room, would have seen his face. "Good morning to you as well, my Apprentice." he said, with his orange eyes, brimming with the Dark Side, meeting her own.

Of course, the greeting was short, for he had placed his attention upon his younger sister a moment following. She wanted...a dart board? "I have absolutely no clue where I might find a dart board, or something to throw axes at for that matter...but we have plenty of labor droids roaming about. You can grab one, paint a target on it, and go to town." he suggested. Then entered Phoebe, which caused him to rise from his seat. As of late, their relationship had been...complicated...to say the least. There was an unspoken lust between the two of them, one that manifested itself several evenings; to the point where they simply shared a bed now. However, the lust ran much deeper for Isley than Phoebe was aware. He did not simply crave her body, he also craved the power which so heavily characterized her. Yet, even more so, the more time he spent with her, the more he began to feel strangely. He felt like doing things with and for her, and spending time with her; which confused him to no end...at first.

But ultimately he came to terms with the fact that he had developed fledgling feelings for the woman, that were obviously reciprocated by her on a number of occassions. Hence why, when she introduced herself as simply his friend, the Mandalorian crossed the room, snaked an arm about her waist, and greeted her with a kiss. "A friend?" he said after, grinning, "I think we're well past that point. You're mine, plain and simple." With that said, he released her from his grasp and looked to his sister and apprentice. "I surmise we could take a trip about the Castle, if that's what you'd all like to do. I'm fine with whatever."

@[member="Ginnie Verd"], @[member="Siqa"], @[member="Phoebe Draclau"].

"Can I paint it any colour I want? For real? I promise I'll fix it best I can. Or give it back to the other labour droids to fix. Can I call it Quixley? And keep it in my bedroom? And can it hold the board Phoebe's gonna help me find? And can we have axes with glitter? Think how much surprise we'd impart to the enemy if we threw axes with sparkles and glitter! Tactical advantages, being a girl! It's true, isn't it? It's true! Phoebe, tell him it's true."

The affection between the Verd siblings was every bit instilled from their mother culture, steeped in the lore and sensations as much as the armour faired well on their skin. Upon seeing she even got the mask off her brother's face, Ginnie reached up for another hug, and gave a smacking smooch on his cheek. Within her brother's influence all was right with the child's world. The universe itself had moved three inches to the right and Ginnie would do her best to maintain the shaky equilibrium she felt growing in their familial bones. Not only was Isley taking care of her and letting her stay, but he gave her plenty of people to play with, and now the girl child began to figure out the depths into which his relationship with @[member="Phoebe Draclau"] sunk.

"Hand back?! YOUR HAND IS MINE!" Ginnie yelped, before letting go and hopping into the middle of the room in a tiny circle as she just couldn't decide which direction to tackle next. "Sorry @[member="Siqa"]. I'm so excited, I've never had a princess bedroom in a castle before! And I get to keep it, it's mine like my brother is mine, and now you two are mine. I wanna keep this forever."

Maybe, just maybe if she tried hard enough Isley would let her stay. He wouldn't send her home, where the rust of Rigard's death hung over their lofty businesses and deeds like wet carpet on a cold day. Not her Isley. Not @[member="Isley Verd"]. Truth be, the thirteen year old had never felt more loved or wanted than she did by her older brother's side, and she'd fight to the last drop of Verd blood in her to keep that feeling alive. Glancing up at Phoebe's pretty face, a flash of jealousy hit the child. Would Phoebe take Isley away from her? Would Phoebe decide Ginnie ought to go away? Ginnie knew only one way to ensure that Phoebe did no such thing. Waiting until after her brother's display of affection, Ginnie came around to Phoebe's free side, laced her scrawny arm through Phoebe's and peered up at her. "See? I was right. That does make you the Castle's Angel. Please do, I gotta have lots of practice if I'm gonna keep Isley out of trouble, and it'll be fun!"

A tour? A tour surrounded by new people that were Ginnie's? The girl reached for Siqa again. "Siqa! Siqa come with us! Come on the tour! We're going Castle Spelunking and Isley and Phoebe are going to tell the best stories about the Castle. You have to come! It'll be educational. You're learning from my brother, right? See? Educational!

Just remember to speak loud, okay? My ears are broken. But! But! But I got strengths! I do! Right, Isley? I'm not defective, right?! I can still do enough to keep me around!" A striking hurt flailed to her eyes, quickly felled by her will to show a happy face. It hadn't been in times of social plenty that Ginnie had gone on her mission to find Isley. For any child to run away and traverse the Galaxy for months at a time with naught but a backpack full of odds and ends was a rarity, perhaps this was another small glimpse into the reasons Ginnie had for running away. Children could be grotesquely mean.

A flicker in the Force, the fear and hurt of a child could be made into a powerful motivator, if only the girl was taught.

Siqa

When I got my hand back I actually giggled a little at how excited she was all over a bedroom apparently. I rubbed my hand before saying "Well...good for you on the whole princess bedroom thing then. Mine is nice, but it's not exactly princess material." Then I saw as @[member="Ginnie Verd"] did, the relationship between @[member="Isley Verd"] and @Phoebe Draclau. I'd seen plenty of ways that couples touched each other or showed affection, and given how the two of them acted it was hard to say. They did seem happy enough though, but I didn't want to get into that business anyways. Not my place, especially when I had managed to convince one of the girl servants in the castle to join me last night. Ginnie then wanted me t come with her on tour. I began to protest, about to say maybe it was more a family thing between the three of them, but I knew she would try the whole 'you're family' speech. I sighed before smiling down at her and saying "Alright. Looks like you're stuck with me."

She hadn't been sure how to introduce herself to Ginnie so she had stuck with friend. Friend now that she thought about it was the wrong word. Isley meant much more to her than just a friend but that was something she kept to herself for now. She figured he only lusted after her and the power she had. If only he would let her in they would make a great pair together but as it was she hadn't opened up completely to him. In time maybe she would but for now they were going to tour the castle.

Phoebe had neglected her siblings when they just wished to be close to her. It was something she regretted and there was nothing she could do about it. Her family was long dead and as much as she thought about going to see this generation's Draclau the more she thought better of it. It would be nothing but confusing for them and for her so she stayed away. She never would want to come between this family if anything she wished to be part of it. She would settle for being @[member="Ginnie Verd"] friend for now.

"We could build you a target board. You could color it, glitter it, and make it all your own. Should be easy to find the needed supplies and should be a lot of fun. I'll make one for my room with you," she grinned turning to look to her. It would be interesting to turn her unused room into a target practice area. " They would have fun!

"Yes, yes please come along the grand tour will be fun for all. My room is off limits though. If we are lucky there will still be some cookies in the kitchen."

@[member="Siqa"] @[member="Isley Verd"]

At first, the Mandalorian simply thought his younger sibling was being hyper as usual; for she was bouncing off the walls in her normal manner. However, as the tour was getting ready to begin, her words impaled his heart. He then replayed what she had said in his head again and came to a conclusion. Ginnie was a proud Mandalorian, they both were. Their whole culture revolved around strength and making one's weaknesses into strengths. Of course, near-deafness was something that would pose an immense challenge to a young initiate...and well, as they saying went, "kids were cruel". As she grabbed Siqa and Phoebe once more, Isley also noted something else...it was faint, but it was also to be expected. He felt the Force within her; there was no mistaking it.

"Ginnie." he said, in an almost stern voice. His footsteps bore him right in front of her, then without another word he wrenched Siqa and Phoebe from her grasp...then plucked her into his arms. He held her close to him, resting his chin upon the top of her head in an exceptionally loving manner. "You're damn right you're not defective, and you don't have to do anything to be kept around. This is your home now, as long as you want it to be, okay?" he said softly, giving her a gentle "Keldable kiss". With her still nestled in his arms, he then looked to his apprentice and his partner. "Well, let's get this tour on the road, I might as well bore you with the history lesson. Long ago, when the Jedi and Sith first began to fight each other, this planet was the site of both Jedi and Sith temples. Of course, they destroyed each other's presence on the world, and this very castle was built upon the foundations of a Sith Temple...pretty cool, eh?"

As the words escaped his mouth, one fact would remain exceptionally clear. Ginnie meant the world to him, and he knew her inside and out.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"], @[member="Siqa"], @[member="Phoebe Draclau"].

At first the child thought she'd done something wrong. No one ever talked to her unless they had to, but moreso the tone was reminiscent of the horrible codger back home. Yelling. Huffing. Throwing whatever was in his hand. She'd slink away, hide, watch the others from a vantage point trying desperately to discern what their lips were saying. Here was Isley and his voice was stern. Ginnie stopped short and stood at perfect attention, @[member="Phoebe Draclau"] and @[member="Siqa"] ripped away. Her eyes grew, @[member="Darth Metus"] grabbed ahold of her and she was up in his arms, in the air.

The universe was incredibly right again. Nervous laughter which had been stealing her hyperactivity moments before turned into a few relieved, gasping tears. "I love you Isley." The girl whimpered. "I don't wanna go away. Don't make me go back. Never, never, never, never. Promise. Promise." The tears didn't last long as Ginnie curled herself up in Isley's grasp, her tiny, thin arms wrapped around his neck, head on his chest. "Don't let this go away."

It took a lot for a girl to run away from home, even more to cross a galaxy on her own. As she continued to be held in her brother's arms, she watched his face and felt the rumbling in his chest as he spoke. "So you built a castle over top of a bunch of dead guys who did freaky deaky things?"

She glanced to Siqa and Phoebe in turn. "Did we let Isley move us into a haunted castle? Does that mean we get to do ghost hunts?" The little girl sniffled, hearing him say that she wasn't defective or worthless, that she didn't have to constantly re-prove her place in her brother's life was a comfort the girl thought she'd never understand. Soothed by Isley's bond and hold on her, she nuzzled in not caring whatsoever that Phoebe and Siqa were present for such a raw, personal moment. It felt okay. Good, even, to the little girl. "Can we make my bedroom ghost-proof?"

Siqa

I felt a bit awkward when there was that moment of tension between Isley and Ginnie. I really didn't know what to say or do. I was just glad it was all settled eventually. I shurgged and nodded to indicated I'd go with them on the tour of the castle, though most of it I had seen. When Isley explained how this place was built long ago when the sith and jedi first started figthing I began to think there was a possibility that my ancestors were involved in a way. I could be right too. For all I know my greatest of ancestors were among the first Sith to have begun the order that grew into the anti-jedi cult. I stood behind the rest of the group as we toured, not really saying a word. I still felt like an outsider among these humans.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"] @[member="Darth Metus"] @Phoebe Draclau

It was touching to see how much the siblings meant to each other and it almost made her cry. She held herself together though as best she could. Phoebe never had a family like that herself. Her father had died when she was very young and her mother was always far too busy to deal with the likes of her. She had always been kind of a loner when it came to her family. They expected her to be the best and that's all they wanted. They didn't care about her feelings or emotions. It was nice to see a family that loved each other that much. She would nor could she ever get in between such love as theirs it was sweet. If anything someday she would want to join their happy family if they let her.

She followed along as the group got moving to begin the tour and the history less which followed. "I remember Sith and Jedi alike trying to build on this ground but getting nowhere. Legend has it that the spirits that live in this area took them as they disappeared without a trace." She paused and grinned deciding not to go any further after all she didn't want to frighten the teen. "I'm sure we are safe though in here. Isley wouldn't bring us somewhere that wasn't safe but if you ever want to go ghost hunting I'm totally in. I hear the basement is the best place for that."

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Siqa"] @[member="Ginnie Verd"]

"Don't worry," said the Mandalorian softly, nestling his beloved sibling in his arms, "I'm not going anywhere. I won't force you to go anywhere. This is your home, just as much as it is mine, Phoebe's and Siqa's." His words were soft and filled to the brim with encouragement and affection. The subject soon changed to the potenial of the Castle being haunted, to which Isley deliberately laughed in an obviously-fake, menacing manner. "Oh yesss," he hissed playfully, twirling Ginnie about in his arms, "there were all sorts of nasty ghosts and monsters a long time ago...But I beat the pants off of them all. The Castle is free of ghosts, and I'll happily ghost-proof your bedroom for you."

He then cast a look to Phoebe and to Siqa, beaming. "We could go down to the Basement...There's quite a bit of interesting things down there; though none of them are ghosts. I kept a passage open to the original Sith Ruins, just in case I ever felt like exploring. Maybe we'll find something new down there...Are you all in? Or are you all chicken?" He then clucked teasingly, doing his best impression of a chicken before laughing aloud.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"], @[member="Phoebe Draclau"], @[member="Siqa"].

The safety and affection of her brother had a profound effect on the girl's posture within his arms. Her muscles relaxed and she rested, the emotions and spastic hyperactivity of the past hour metamorphosed to the contented resolve of the decided path. As her brother taunted her, Ginnie clung deeper to his neck, pushing her face in his chest-plate squealing with childish delight. "Nooo conquer the ghosts, Isley! You did, didn't you? He totally did conquer the ghosts, right @[member="Siqa"]? Are you going to learn how to conquer the ghosts too?" Now the child was having fun, playing in her mind with the idea of a ghost hunt and a spooky story or two.

It wouldn't be scary with Isley, @[member="Phoebe Draclau"] and Siqa there with her. "Yes! I'm chicken! I'm a bird! But I'm a bird with a big brother so let's go explore. Nobody hide around the corner yelling Boo okay?"

Siqa

Ginnie asking these questions made me perk back up to reality. I was still in my own thoughts when she asked about conquering ghosts and stuff like that. I just gave a confused answer of "Oh, uh, yeah. Fighting ghosts. Master Verd did that. Sure....yeah." I realized what they were talking about when Isley showed the path leading down to what he said was an old Sith Ruin. I had to admit I was a bit worried given how far into the dark side the Sith had gone. For all I knew, or any of us knew, this ruin could've held some kind of trap. I just kept my mouth shut as not to scare Ginnie.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"] @[member="Darth Metus"] @Phoebe Draclau

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom