Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CALLING ALL FLEETERS/TRADERS

Eliala Tallera

E
Have a ship? Have a Fleeter? No place to explore the galaxy? Expand trade? Develop Merchant Fleets?
COME TO NUBIA!!
875a3083ec9619f18479a3a3e72e2123.jpg
The Primarch of Nubia, Eliala Tallera, has launched a new initiative to rebuild the Nubian economy and the market share of the Corellian Way and Hydian Way Trade. As a part of this initiative the Parliament of Nubia has passed Bill NP221 The Merchant Fleet Modernisation Act - This act has given the Ministry of Intergalactic Trade the powers to hand out Merchant Charters to ship owners to work for the Republic as official chartered Traders.

What does this mean?
1. You can submit yourself to be a Chartered (i.e. employed and titled) Galactic Trader of the Nubian Republic and be officially apart of the Nubian Merchant Fleet
2. Establish yourself as an official trader and thus, access to major trade along the Corellian and Hydian Way
3. Become a represented member in the Nubian Government as any Chartered Nubian Trader becomes a member of the Merchant Trade Commission.
4. You will be given express powers to establish trading posts across the galaxy in the name of the Nubian Merchant Fleet.

Flag_of_Republic_of_Venice_svg_copy.png

Come! And become the members that will forge the Nubian Merchant Fleet! And help forge a new trading empire across the stars!

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
[member="Eliala Tallera"] Star Tours is multiple-fold in its operations:
  • Space shipping
  • Vacation packages
  • Space cruises
  • Space travel
  • Entertainment (we even operate a dark-sided nexus on Jiroch-Reslia where horror-based thrills are guaranteed or money back; in that particular instance, those who get their money back are usually either Force-dead or dark-siders)

Now this is pretty exciting. Seeing if I have any characters or ideas for characters that would fit. Thinking of an ExplorCorps Jedi with a bit of a relation to [member="Jorus Merrill"] and a Warden of the Sky or Zeison Sha background

This may be of interest to me.

Eliala Tallera said:
What does this mean?
1. You can submit yourself to be a Chartered (i.e. employed and titled) Galactic Trader of the Nubian Republic and be officially apart of the Nubian Merchant Fleet
2. Establish yourself as an official trader and thus, access to major trade along the Corellian and Hydian Way
3. Become a represented member in the Nubian Government as any Chartered Nubian Trader becomes a member of the Merchant Trade Commission.
4. You will be given express powers to establish trading posts across the galaxy in the name of the Nubian Merchant Fleet.
1. What is to be expected of me in return?
2. With what worlds does Nubia have established contact and trade?
3. Represented by who?
4. What does Nubia get from these trading posts and what is my cut?

Eliala Tallera

E
[member="Aeshi Tillian"] [member="Sankt Yora"] [member="Faz El Fayde"] [member="Veino Garn"]
Thanks for the interest guys! I shall try and elaborate (I just didn't want to dump a bunch of legal jargon on the first post xD)
Flag_of_Republic_of_Venice_svg_copy.png
CHARTER RIGHTS and GUIDELINES
What is a Charter and What does it mean to have one?
A charter is the grant of authority or rights, stating that the granter formally recognizes the prerogative of the recipient to exercise the rights specified. What does this mean IC'ly and OOC'ly?
IC'ly
The Ministry of Intergalactic Trade will give to a merchant a Charter of Nubian Merchant Rights which is assigned to a specific world or area. The recipient of this Charter is thusly granted with monopoly trade rights in controlling the commerce flow from that area to the Nubian Republic. The Charter holder for that area well be allowed to directly intake revenue from the Chartered Area by enforcing a Charter Tax on all export/import trade. Meanwhile the Nubian Republic pulls revenue from all Chartered Trade Areas through direct taxation of Charter Holder's Yields, Commerce Conducted in the Trade Areas and Tax on the Nubian Companies who expand to Chartered Areas.

Charter owners, if they possess a prior company are also allowed to expand their branches to said Chartered area and enforce the monopoly they received under the Charter.

Charter Holder Specific Taxation will be split thusly:
1. Charter Holder Tax (Taxation for privilege of possession of Charter Monopoly Rights)
How This is Paid: Government of Nubia charges a 30% Tax on all Trade Revenue (this excludes Private Revenue made by Charter Holder's own Company). Trade Revenue is defined as revenue derived from the Export/Import Charter Tax.
2. Export/Import Charter Tax (Taxation by Charter Owner on commerce conducted between Charter Area and Nubia)
How This is Paid: Anyone conducting commerce between Nubia and Charter Owned Territory is subject to an export/import tax which is directly invested into the pockets of the Charter owner. (30% of which is taxed back to the Government of Nubia under the Charter Holder Tax)

OOC Mechanics
OOC'ly getting a Charter means a few things on behalf of the Charter Holder.

​1. When you receive a Charter, OOC'ly this means who are given the rights by the Nubian Government to be the OOC owner of a Merchant Trade Location Sub to the Factory for a specific area. So for example: you receive the Charter of Nubian Merchant Rights for Denon. You as the Charter holder go off to Denon, Dev Thread the creation of a Nubian owned Merchant Base Location on Denon. You decide what the location is called, what it looks likes, where on Denon it is and which companies are permitted to establish trade links to said Merchant Base.

Once you've done this submit to me via PM the following:
Nubian Charter Merchant Base:
Name:
Planet:
Charter Owner:

And I will add it to a catalogue of Merchant Base Locations to be added in one go as one page to the Codex Factory.

You can choose any planet as a location for your Merchant Base as LONG AS ITS ON/ADJACENT TO THE CORRELLIAN OR HYDIAN WAY.

YOU MAY HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHARTER, BUT NOT TWO ON THE SAME PLANET. YOU ARE ALLOWED A MAX OF 4 CHARTERS.

2. IT IS YOUR REPSONSIBILITY, to defend and enforce the rules of the Charter in this area. Nubian Government will allow you any naval means of enforcing the Charter.

3. If you wish to DROP A CHARTER, you are permitted to sell the rights of the of Charter to someone else. But, PLEASE INFORM ME FIRST BEFORE ESTABLISHING A PRICE AND SELLING THE CHARTER RIGHTS. Charter Rights will be sold in a different thread that will act as the CHARTER RIGHTS STOCK EXCHANGE.

4. ...AND THIS IS THE COOL PART....Everyone who gets a Charter gets a LITERAL CHARTER in the form of a Signature Banner.

Example of Chartered Nubain Trade Merchant Sig
CNTM_Sig_Banner.png

Example of Specific Trade Base Charter Sig (Trade Base Name, Planet)
Trade_Base_Sig.png

THE PURPOSE OF ALL THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT TO CREATE A LIVING, BREATHING AND IC'ly FUNCTIONING TRADE EMPIRE ALL ORBITING AROUND THE NUBIAN REPUBLIC IN THE STYLE OF THE DUTCH TRADING EMPIRE AND THE BRITISH MERCANTILE EMPIRE. AND YOU AS THE OFFICERS OF THIS TRADE EMPIRE WILL BECOME ITS WEALTHIEST AND GREATEST LEADERS.

Eliala Tallera

E
[member="Sankt Yora"]

1. Pick a World on or in an adjacent hex to Corellian Way/Hydian Way
2. Think of what your Merchant Base will be called and where on that planet it will be located, research what the world's exports are and assigned them to your Base.
3. PM me the details and ambitions
4. RP Short Dev Thread establishing your receiving a Charter of Nubian Merchant Rights for that Location from the Primarch and Minister of Intergalactic Trade (i.e. me)
5. Go off and RP the base being created and I'll use that thread to sub a Location Codex App for that Base.

How's that work for you?

Eliala Tallera

E
[member="Aeshi Tillian"]

As long as you become a reputable merchant and adhere to law and order when representing the Nubian Merchant Fleet, you are more than welcome!~

Don't worry about the jargon, its for those who are savvy about money and where it comes from.

Pretty much follow what I listed as steps above for Sankt.

[member="Eliala Tallera"]

Would it be advantageous to reserve a planet in this thread? Or is it simply first come/best proposal wins?

I was thinking of Denon (as OE already has a presence there and could legitimately expand).

Eliala Tallera

E
[member="Sankt Yora"]

Just made a forum for this! So, give me one sec and I shall inform ye!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom