Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byakko Dueling Pistols

FAS%20AP604.jpg

Image Source: https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/FAS/002_AP604.html
Intent: To create an effective set of dueling pistols for Arisa Yune.
Development Thread: The Wheel of Fortune (Pyronium)
Manufacturer: Arisa Yune
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Arisa Yune
Modularity: Sights can be added to the top rail, crystals can be swapped.
Production: Semi-Unique (4)
Material: Brylark Wood, Duraplast, Dallorian Alloy, Synthetic Focusing Crystal (Silver), Pyronium, Components for electronics and repulsors.
Size: Handheld
Length: 30 cm
Weight: 1.3kg empty
Ammunition Type: Pyronium Ultracapacitors.
Ammunition Capacity: 75 shots per magazine.
Effective Range:
  • Primary Fire - 50m (75m max)
  • Alt Fire - 3m (4m max)
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
Special Features:
  • Holographic 1x Sight Projector
  • Recoil Dampener (Repulsor)
  • Alternate Fire Mode
  • EMP/Ion Resistance (Redundant Wiring, Internal Dionizers, Automatic Shutdown)
  • Water Resistance
Description:

As a Jedi Sentinel, Arisa had always favored Form VI for its versatility. As she had mastered the
eclectic style over the years, she developed her own special derivate which included the use of one or two pistols at point blank range in close quarter battle. Her style was excellent for throwing off opponents who had only prepared for saber wielding Jedi.

The problem that she found with military issue pistols was the excessive weight and discomfort of the bulky designs. They simply weren't built for the way she manipulated them in combat. She tried out lighter and more ergonomic pistols from companies like WESTAR, but she found them lacking in the stopping power necessary to take down foes with increasingly improving defenses.

She eventually went on to create her own set of pistols, using her extensive knowledge of lightsaber construction to create a lightweight solid state beam generation solution that didn't require the use of gas canisters and related systems. Now all that was required was a power source for beam generation with focusing crystals. Compact pyronium-based ultracapacitors allowed for greater capacity and power. Repulsor coils were added to aid in easy handling and recoil dampening. The end result was a set of light dueling pistols with the damage output akin to heavy blaster pistols.

The repulsor components were not only added for improved performance but also to be used in an alternate fire mode where narrow beams of antigravity are projected. The antigravity beams can bypass energy shields and knock against armor to deliver deadly concussive force like a hammer or mace, breaking bones and rupturing internal organs. The repulsive effects of the antigravity beams are also good for stunning opponents and stopping them in their tracks.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Arisa Yune"], most of this looks pretty straightforward, and it's nicely detailed to boot.

Arisa Yune said:
an alternate fire mode where narrow beams of antigravity are projected. The antigravity beams can bypass energy shields and deliver deadly concussive force against armored opponents, breaking bones and rupturing internal organs. The repulsive effects of the antigravity beams are also good for stunning opponents and stopping them in their tracks.

I'm a bit hesitant to sign off on a weapon that bypasses both shields and physical armor without some development behind it. I do notice that this mode has a much shorter effective range than normal gun weapons, which I think certainly helps with the balancing, but I think that this needs at least a 10-20 post development thread.

In terms of canon precedence, this appears to be most similar in concept to me as a tensor rifle. I'd recommend using a similar damage mechanic with this mode, where the more shots that hit the target, the sequentially more damage this does as more and more body systems are adversely affected.

[member="Gir Quee"] It doesn't bypass armor, the beams just knock against it like a hammer or a mace to deal concussive damage like those weapons. Now if they're wearing something light like some mesh, or no armor at all, then it would probably pass through the flesh for direct contact.

[member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Gir Quee"]

In the techolongy template, there is this rule regarding submissions using base materials with restricted materials.

1. Submissions which make use of base material submissions that utilize restricted materials will always require substantial development involving that restricted material. (i.e; Phrik Armorweave submissions will require development for utilization in future armor submissions)

This will need development for the use of isotope 5.

For such a submission a ten to 15 post development thread would be fine.

I replaced the Isotope 5 power cells with pyronium ultracapacitors for the same effect. The required acquisition thread as been linked in the development section.

[member="Gir Quee"] [member="Cira"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]
I am archiving this for inactivity, please send me a PM when you wish to continue the reviewal process for this submission.

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Varanin"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Varanin for review.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom