Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By Design

Necessity was the mother of all invention. Necessity was what they had. The task? Design a failsafe system that would make sure that the ships of the Kuat Drive Yards would not be used against them. Xander Starkiller had headed the task, even going so far as to keep what he had off the main company servers to keep it a secret. He was a man on a mission and he had devoted a lot of time to developing all of this simply because Silencia had asked him to do so. It also helped that he had a natural competitive edge to his personality and the resources to see them come to fund his ventures. He took all of this as a challenge and the challenge kept him on his toes.

Standing in front of a holo table, before him was the hologram wire frame of an antenna that looked no different on the outside from any number of them they had at their factories and headquarters. This would be the point on their end that would send out the signal. A structure that would need to be constructed. With Sila's approval they could begin immediately and Xander himself would lead the construction effort, after all someone else might get it wrong. The ingenious part of his design was where the antenna would broadcast to, each ship would need to be updated but it was absolutely necessary.

His labors bore the fruit and he couldn't help but pat himself on the back as he moved to share them. "Save file to personal server," the man said, his work documented to the computers memory. Once it was saved, his eyes gave his designs before he waved his hand to the side. "Close file." She would need to hear of his progress and if he had his choice, he would have her join him personally to see what he had done for her. He closed his eyes, his powers working from his command as he let his head gently tilt up to the ceiling.

Silencia... I need you.. He called out through the Force, hoping to draw her to him.

Some time later the silence of the room broke to the sound of footsteps and the sweeping of fabric across the tiled floors. Silencia brushed her presence across the man's mind long before she arrived so he'd know to expect her, and as she walked in she fixed him with a look of deep curiosity. The Kuati Sovereign had exercised a great deal of patience for him and his project, knowing just how important it was and how delicate it could be. The secrecy of it was of immeasurable importance, so even finding the excuse to leave her busy schedule of meetings proved quite a task. In the end the immortal woman had settled on fabricating a moment of mortal weakness and left her Assistant DiVanca to finish up the day's itinerary. Truth be told she was glad for a chance to step away from the everyday business in order to focus on something far more monumental.

And of course she could hardly neglect her appreciation for time spent alone with Xander.

This thought on her mind, she greeted the man with a wry grin as she sidled into the room. There were so many reasons he might have need, or perhaps even want of her. He could certainly be forward at times regarding more private matters, though she suspected that wasn't the case for today.

"I'm glad you do," she spoke low, eyeing him momentarily before looking towards the instrument before him, "what is it?"

His own smile passed over his face at her remark upon arrival. It was no surprise that he could be... rather affectionate but this required a different sort of attention. "Something that I am sure you will be must pleased with. I've completed the designs that you wanted," he said as he turned toward the holographic protection table. A single command was all that he needed. "Open file: codename Project Safeguard," the man said as the wire frame of an antenna array erected before them, unassuming in scale and appearance but sure to be one of the more important devices of the company.

"We are free to talk here, I've seen to that. What you see here is the array that will be built with your approval. It's purpose will be to draw power from our plants to send a special signal out through space. The command console can be in a place of your choosing. The long range transmitter should be able to reach our ships in the core to the outer rim. I can provide relays in space to boost the signal or we can send it through the Holonet relays. All encrypted of course." That was the useful part, all the antenna would do is send information as if someone had sent a normal message to another being planets away.

"The signal itself seeks out the transponder codes of our ships, each ship has one after all. When the signal uplinks with the transponder, it will began a download process onto the ships computer where one of two things can happen. Depending on your choice, you can have the computer shut down the ships power systems, leaving it adrift in space to pick up at our leisure.. or you can have the computer initiate the self destruct, with a priority override to stop it from being cancelled and best of all... a silent countdown." All by design he thought to himself with a smile as he let her examine his work.

All by design.

Simply fascinating. Silencia's gaze hovered over the projected holographics before her, wondering as to the complexity of this project she had assigned the man some time ago. A pity that it had taken so long for Xander to find his way to Kuat, as she would have liked to implement these plans much sooner, and she would have had she been provided with a mind like his own. Alas, the sciences the Sith Sorceress Mastered were not that of mechanics and electronics and technology. Her's were far less tangible but arguably just as dangerous. A pleased smile curved her red lips. The man's brilliance would never cease to amaze her, and it was times like these that she was reminded of his talents that she often overlooked.

Is it ready for testing? she looked back to him, smile broadening.

She seemed impressed with him and he couldn't help but smile. The actual full scale device will need to be constructed with your approval, however I do have a small scale test for you to witness. He moved a little closer to the table, his hand pressing a button on the command console before he moved away from it. "Close file." The holographic display faded away and Xander found himself moved towards a small window that lead to another lab nearby, Inside was one of the transponder examples linked to a computer and not far from that was a small device that looked like a replica of the larger model.

I've outfitted that computer on the table with a new programming and a small charge connected to the processor. To the computer on the right is one of the new transponders that can transfer our signal to the computer, this can be done through the direct connection or wireless, I figured both would provide adequate failsafe to prevent one or the other from going down. Of course we have the antenna. All this said as he gestured to each device. Once he'd explained everything he pulled a small remote from his pocket, a smile thing with two unlabelled switches.

The first button can disable the computer, the second can blow it up. Care to do the honors? he turned toward her, the remote offered to her for the test.

Following after him, Silencia's gaze trailed each gesture given and noted the mentioned objects. There was a hint of suspense and excitement on the air, but she hid it well with a settled look of interest. A glance was given to the remote he proffered, but she quietly dismissed the honors with a subtle shake of her head.

She would have plenty of chances to do the honor when it came time to put these instruments to use.

He nodded his head when she waved off the honor, that was fine, Xander merely wished to give her the option before he himself decided to turn and look back to the test site he had set up. The demonstration was important to him simply because it would show that her trust had not been misplaced. With that he pushed the first button and the computer quickly shut down, the chain reaction from the antenna to the transponder, the change in the code proceeded to fry the motherboard and make certain that she computer would not be rebooted without repairs.

Having shown off the power of the first button, he immediately opted for the second. Pressing in the button, the signal was sent and only a few seconds later the computer exploded in a small, controlled explosion that left it a pile of destroyed bits and pieces. The effectiveness was proven in those seconds as the smoke cleared, the Sith Lord turned towards her, a grin on his face. As I'm sure you can guess, the explosion will be much bigger, but this is the essence of the designs. I hope you enjoyed it.

Smile growing into a broad, fang-baring grin, Silencia looked to her companion when the smoke cleared and nodded, Well done.

The Kuati Sovereign took a few moments to gaze at the smoldering results, her smile fading into a pensive expression. This of course would require further testing on this scale before it was truly ready for real results, of which she was sure Xander would be apt at seeing through.

I have concerns, however. Striding around Xander and through the doorway that linked to the test chamber, Silencia waved off the remaining smoke with a simple brush of the Force before approaching the devices. How do we overcome transmission issues when frequencies are being blocked? If I cannot transmit the signal, then all this- she gestured to the mess, is for naught.

I've been thinking of that, not an easy challenge I might add. The best things this project has going, is that even if the communications officers of the ships pick up on the signal I've designed it to appear as if it's only a check in system. It's going to the transponder and at best any individual will think they are being identified by the company to ensure their safety. The signal itself only makes a slight change in the main computer's code, so people won't notice if they don't know what to look for. Even if they do it will be too late since the signal will have since altered the computers and carried out the command.

But of course he was not done. While this was the best defense he could think of and he doubted more would be needed, if it was one thing he was good at, it was thinking of redundancies to make sure their plans went through without a hitch. I've thought of back-up plans, though. The signal itself carries with it a IFF algorithm, Identitfy Friend/Foe, the ship operators should have no reason to believe a friendly signal is a malicious one. The signal can be sent through the holonet if you so wish which should hide it adequately and I've developed a software update for droids on board our ships that can have them activate the disable/destroy protocol should the particular frequency be blocked or jammed.

He also had one more gem for her that he was actually rather proud of. The last line of defense comes if the people on the ship try to change or remove the transponder. If the ship is taken over, our signal some how blocked. The thieves first priority would be to change the transponder codes or replace it entirely. If they do though, the transponder automatically triggers a special little protocol, I call the ATD protocol.. or anti-theft device protocol. He smiled then as his mind relieved the brilliance of the idea. In the event a poor unfortunate soul removes or changes the transponder, it sets off the protocol and the ships power reactors emit a Radiation burst through out the ship. Killing everyone on board and leaving the ship intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom