Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Core (Rebuilding Mandalore) OOC

After speaking with [member="Vilaz Munin"], the Order of the Sacred Lotus will be coming to Mandalore to aid in recovery after the tragedy.

The thread will be open, but we are specifically inviting any and all Mandalorians who would like to help heal their world or aid in rebuilding to join us. If you are interested, please post here or PM me or Vilaz.

Look for the thread in a day or two :)

Edit: Thread is up! Broken Core

oh_yeah_obama.gif

A very brief overview- The planet's core was destabilized, causing earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions and similar "natural" disasters across the planet. The situation was dire- and not everyone who survived had done so by civilized means. While some of the populace will be happy to see OSL, there may be others who object to their presence.

Much like in Dominions, when OSL does threads like this with established events from previous threads, we'll be doing out best to set up a list of potential Objectives for people to choose from and help them get involved in the thread. There will of course *always* be a Bring Your Own option, as the Objectives are meant as a guide to help, not as a limiter in any fashion.

These objectives may be tweaked if I get new info from the Mandos.

Objective 1: Stabilize the Core
While the majority of the damage has been done, the core of Mandalore is still unstable, causing continuing surface upheaval. Led by Bethany Kismet, Force Users will be positioned around the globe to coordinate and attempt to rebalance the core, if that is possible.

Objective 2: OSL's Base of Operations
Setting up and maintaining OSL's main camp on Mandalore. This will be the touch point for any injured, refugees and coordination of communications and aid across the planet. This is also the place where any Mandalorians can request safe haven on Monastery, and where ships going to and from the OSL homeworld will congregate.

Objective 3: Search and Rescue in the Capital
When the first shock waves hit, there was little warning. There are still people trapped in fallen buildings and across the city. Find them, rescue them, get them to safety. Because of the continued surface instability, this objective is particularly dangerous, as aftershocks can occur at any time.

Objective 4: Flood Waters Rising
In one of the river valleys, the flood waters are still rising- an underground aquifer has been exposed and there is no end in sight. A number of smaller farms and homesteads are already under water, and more are threatened. Search and rescue with the rapidly rising flood waters must be swift, and will be dangerous. Be cautious, but decisive.

Objective 5: BYOO

As the thread progresses and stories unfold, new objectives and emergencies may arise. As we go, make sure to tag the folks in your scene and communicate and coordinate, especially with any non-OSL writers who show up. This thread may be completely peaceful- or there may be folks who object to the presence of OSL on Mandalore. Both are possible (and welcome from a narrative standpoint!).

I will link to the thread when it is up. If you want to be tagged specifically, please post here and let me know!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Bethany Kismet said:
Gotta try.
No. We really, really don't. :D

Beth. Reconstructing planets with the Force would be HUGE for the meta of this community. And I'm not talking a New Alderaan level of wow here either. I'm talking, hey let's ask the Admins if we can all put Corellia back together again, level of wow.

Please. For the love of Zeus. Do not even attempt to imply that the Force can reconstruct a planet without the aid of Vong Tech or terraforming superstructures. Not even with the effort of a 1000 PCs. That's a reverse super weapon. That's nuts'o girly. :p

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] So, I think we have a simple misunderstanding here

(And please don't call me girly :p )

From my discussions so far, Mandalore has not been destroyed. We're not even talking about the level of Corellia, since PCs *can't* destroy a planet without staff permission. We're talking about an unstable core leading to tectonic unrest. If I am mistaken in that, maybe [member="Vilaz Munin"] or one of the other folks who knows the ins and outs better can more clearly set that stage- but that the planet was *destroyed* was never part of the narrative, because it's already not allowed by board rules.

I'm not proposing a handful of force users put a literally shattered planet back together. Beth (the character) would like to see if it's possible to return the core to it's original balance to stop continued seismic activity, though even *she* isn't sure if it's possible.

So, besides the original fact that Mandalore is in no similar position to Corellia, there's also the difference between what a character is going to attempt (and likely fail at) and what the writer actually expects to happen.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Bethany Kismet said:
Beth (the character) would like to see if it's possible to return the core to it's original balance to stop continued seismic activity, though even *she* isn't sure if it's possible.
Please do this. By all means. That is awesome. :D

However. Might we make a tiny little mention somewhere in there about using Telos VI-similar terraforming superstructures. Or, maybe something like Vong Tech similar to the reconstruction of Coruscant post Vong War in the EU? Because if OSL manages to stabilize a planetary core using the Force alone? That's huge.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] Right now, OSL doesn't *have* access to those things, in any sort of reasonable fashion.

Sometimes, plans fail, and it's the story that gets written along the way that's the interesting part.

I was going to save that failure as a surprise for in the thread, but, since you've insisted :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Bethany Kismet said:
...you've insisted
Ya know. I like to think that there is nothing interesting, surprising, or unreasonable about asking OSL to not restabilize a celestial body on faith and space magic alone. But hey. That's just me. I'm weird like that. :p

Anyway. Cheers! I look forward to seeing you in that thread as [member="Kat Rivers"] . Let's go make Mandalore great again! :D

[member="Bethany Kismet"] question, since I've made a List of Planetary Catastrophes, I was wondering if you could spare a moment and tell me roughly what happened (how was the core destabilized?, what was destroyed?, how many died?, etc.), and maybe link me to the thread(s) involved? That would be great, thank you!

[member="Arumi Zy"] Oh, it's you :p

And we were invited, thankyouverymuch

[member="Fatty"]

[member="Ijaat Mereel"] was directly involved, all of my info is second hand, but I'm tagging him in because he can explain in far better detail than I can!

(btw, I love that list)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom